Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: duncan ave dog rules

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/4 1:38
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you both for your replies! I had a feeling she was out in left field. I looked into my lease and there is nothing in there restricting him from using the lawn. She lives in the building next to me, so she would know nothing about my building as it is run by different management. If anything everyone in my building loves my dog and I've met most of my neighbors because of him. I am going to call animal control tomorrow just to cover myself. Housebreaking is hard enough in an apartment building, never mind having to worry about him eating who-knows-what in the street!!

Posted on: 2012/10/4 1:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
You will not be fined by the City for picking up your dog poop.

You do not have to license your dog until he/she is old enough to get a rabies shot which is about 6 months. State law requires all dogs 7 months and older obtain a license in the municipality where it resides, therefore you are not in any violation.

Your vet is 100% correct. Dog owner to dog owner...I would never use any grass areas until the puppy has all the shots.

The only thing I see here is a possible condo/apt rule violation..Speak with your building management and explain the situation.

If you have any questions regarding Jersey City and State laws that pertain to pet ownership, please feel free to call the Jersey City Animal Control office at 201-547-4888 and speak with Carmen or you can call me at 201-547-5507.

This is your City Council.

New Jersey City Laws.

Jersey City Municpal Code.

Posted on: 2012/10/4 0:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Ignore that woman. It sounds like she is trying to intimidate a new dog owner. Like anyone reviews videotape or could identify people to fine! While I can appreciate her concern about dog poop she is overstepping her bounds. A few people tried this intimidation in Hamilton Park and I laughed in their face.

Posted on: 2012/10/3 22:32

duncan ave dog rules

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/4 1:38
Group:
Registered Users
Hi everyone,
This may sound like a really dumb question..but I just want to make sure I'm being a responsible dog owner. I have a new puppy, he's tiny about 4 lbs. Well, we are potty training him, and because he is only about 10 weeks old he hasn't completed all of his puppy shots. The vet told me to not take him out into the street for at least another few weeks because he could catch Parvo, and a host of other dog viruses. He does his buisness on the small lawn in front of my building. However, I ALWAYS clean up after him and throw away the bag inside. I make sure i clean up well, and fully intend to have him go to the bathroom on the sidewalk once it is safe for him to go on walks. A woman who identified herself as a council woman explained that they have cameras and will fine me even if I do clean up after him. I looked into the municipal code online and it says you have to clean up after your dog, but you aren't restricted from using public or private land. I also checked my lease. Is there a rule in this area about you not being able to have your dog poop in the lawn at all? It seems kind of ridiculous. She said they monitor the video every week and I could get a 250 dollar fine.

Any insight anyone has would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Ps. If anyone reading this lives in this area..I think this is the same woman who posted those ridiculous signs about curbing your dog all over Duncan, Fairview etc.

Posted on: 2012/10/3 20:49

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017