Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Parking Ticket Issue
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/12 15:19
Group:
Banned
i think the parking ticket guys are a little slow ,not retarded just a bit behind the rest of the crowd.kinda like they are on thorazine or some other hypnotic.dont blame them its the drugs that they are on.

Posted on: 2012/9/24 2:49

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/22 11:34
Group:
Registered Users
Your problem is probably a technical issue. Sounds like the portable machine was defective and printed twice and you should be able to resolve it by calling the court, and by slightly verbally abusing the person that picks up, hopefully they just make you pay the one.

My opinion now that I'm talking here: I lived next to the parking authority for 7 years in the heights and let me explain to you what you are dealing with. This is not the best and brightest of Jersey City. Its like the 3rd chance at life club over there.

I mean I talked to one guy the other day who seemed intoxicated, and another day some guy had a attitude problem in public, yelling loud enough to be considered embarrassing on the phone in his uniform, and later on that week a woman who was pressing the horn down on her traffic car as i watched a handicap woman trying to back into a parking space in front of her. This type of stuff is typical. I once saw an hunched over elderly woman get ticketed because she could reach the meter because of a snow bank, and they watched her leave, as I watched them do this.

The city pays minimum to get minimum quality. simple as that. They recently downsized, is it any wonder?

RE: parking there regularly and then suddenly getting a ticket. You will often find them working hard one day and not the next day because they think to themselves, I worked hard yesterday so I'm going to take it easy today. This accounts for the constantly changing rule enforcement.

Summary: They don't care at all. They are there to make money for the city. if you end up paying twice, just hassle the guy the next time you see him.
Tony

Posted on: 2012/9/24 2:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/1 19:35
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

borisp wrote:

Alternatively, I can pay the fine and then fight it in the voting booth. Which I think I will. Fulop-shmulop, - if I see not any help from you, it's a NO.

And why is it Fulop's fault you got a ticket? He's just a councilman. They don't have authority over the Parking Authority's or JC police department's interpretation of a parking violation - if any one has power over this matter - it is the sitting mayor, Jeremiah Healy. Vote Healy out, not Fulop.
Was your ticket hand-written or one of the JCPA print outs?

Consistency is the city's biggest problem - and it's these little things that chip away at our quality of life.

Posted on: 2012/9/22 12:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
I got a ticket when I was parked right near the sign that explicitly permits parking in both directions of it, and a long way away from the pedestrian crossing.

My ticket doesn't indicate the exact location, it just says "red line" and an intersection!

And that "red line" is visible only in daylight and only if you know it's there.

But, hey, I have a right to use my vacation day and fight it in court, don't I?

Alternatively, I can pay the fine and then fight it in the voting booth. Which I think I will. Fulop-shmulop, - if I see not any help from you, it's a NO.

Posted on: 2012/9/22 9:12

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/12 21:25
From Parts Unknown
Group:
Registered Users
rosember: I found out about the second ticket when I went online to pay off the only ticket that was on my windshield. The site showed two unpaid tickets when I entered my plate info: the one I had in my possession and the one that was issued two minutes later. Both tickets are for the same exact violation against code 332-23 for No stopping or standing.

I would completely understand if I were issued tickets for two different parking violations, but it's for the same violation. I was in a spot that doesn't have red curb paint, wasn't blocking off a driveway, and definitely was at least a full car length from the cross walk. I was on the SE corner of 1st, right past Manila next to the lumber yard, so no traffic had to pull out into Manila to see past my vehicle.

The worst part is that I've parked in this spot regularly without being issued a ticket. I even asked a PA officer this past March if it was cool to park there and he said yes, as long as I wasn't blocking off the crosswalk and it wasn't street sweeping day for that side of the street.

Posted on: 2012/9/21 23:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/19 18:03
From Grove St.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CSURugbyHooker wrote:
Last week, I received a single parking ticket near the corner of 1st and Manila for no stopping or standing (332-23). I went online to pay @ njmc and then realized a second ticket was issued on the same day for the same exact violation by the same officer...... two minutes after the ticket on my car was issued.

Since there was only a single ticket on my car and receiving a second ticket two minutes after the first by the same officer seemed extremely fishy to me, I called the court number on the ticket. The clerk confirmed that the same officer issued both tickets at the times listed online and that it also seemed odd to her that I'd get two by the same officer in that short a span. She said my only recourse was to go to court and fight the 'phantom' second ticket.

Attending court with my schedule is a huge hassle, so any suggestions on how I can get around going to court without having to bite the bullet and pay off the phantom ticket?

Exactly how did you discover the second ticket? When I went to njmc they required the license plate and ticket number. What info did you give them to find the second ticket?

My guess is that you were in a no standing zone, and either to close to or parked in the crosswalk. If thats the case you deserved 2 tickets and a tow. I strongly suspect you received and deserved 2 tickets.

Posted on: 2012/9/21 13:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCCheerleader wrote:
This is a big issue! The Parking Authority doesn't have to appear in court to prove their position so they don't care about accuracy. Last week I watched at Parking Authority supervisor walk past a car parked at a fire hydrant and issue a ticket to my neighbor who was parked in front of it. The neighbor told me the ticket was for an expired meter. Here's the kicker: there is no meter there. My neighbor was told he had to go to court to fight the the ticket. How is it the Parking Authority can't or won't retract tickets in situations like these?

Sounds like a game of little cat and mouse going on. I think the parking auth. is screwing around with the driving public.

Posted on: 2012/9/21 13:09
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
This is a big issue! The Parking Authority doesn't have to appear in court to prove their position so they don't care about accuracy. Last week I watched at Parking Authority supervisor walk past a car parked at a fire hydrant and issue a ticket to my neighbor who was parked in front of it. The neighbor told me the ticket was for an expired meter. Here's the kicker: there is no meter there. My neighbor was told he had to go to court to fight the the ticket. How is it the Parking Authority can't or won't retract tickets in situations like these?

Posted on: 2012/9/21 12:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
They got you ! Well sort of. I would speak to your local block association, committee person, local and at large councilpersons, along with taking a ride up to the parking authority. I do not think mistakes on the city's part should be resolved at the "victim's" expense. I was at Asbury Park in Monmouth County one day last summer and got a parking ticket because of a faulty meter reading system. I was told to fax a copy of the ticket and the receipt and I would be exonerated which I did and which I was. At least your ticket was issued in the town you live in. This is a burden on the one receiving the ticket perhaps you could schedule a nighttime court appearance.

Posted on: 2012/9/21 12:05
Get on your bikes and ride !

Parking Ticket Issue
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/12 21:25
From Parts Unknown
Group:
Registered Users
Last week, I received a single parking ticket near the corner of 1st and Manila for no stopping or standing (332-23). I went online to pay @ njmc and then realized a second ticket was issued on the same day for the same exact violation by the same officer...... two minutes after the ticket on my car was issued.

Since there was only a single ticket on my car and receiving a second ticket two minutes after the first by the same officer seemed extremely fishy to me, I called the court number on the ticket. The clerk confirmed that the same officer issued both tickets at the times listed online and that it also seemed odd to her that I'd get two by the same officer in that short a span. She said my only recourse was to go to court and fight the 'phantom' second ticket.

Attending court with my schedule is a huge hassle, so any suggestions on how I can get around going to court without having to bite the bullet and pay off the phantom ticket?

Posted on: 2012/9/20 23:51

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017