Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Pilates Specific recommendations
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/29 19:11
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I just wish to see how strong is community in order to help lift off my little YOUNIQ Pilates business in Jersey City (opens in December 2013, currently on Upper West Side).

Simply,

"Like" https://www.facebook.com/YouniqPilates or

"Follow" https://twitter.com/YOUNIQpilates

Such a help is welcomed greatly and will give you 10% off from the first block of pilates lessons you decide to take (Mat, Reformer, antinatal and postnatal pilots workouts in 07302).

Thank you!

www.youniqpilates.com

Posted on: 2013/9/14 13:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
Another excellent alternative is Maximum Motion. Mat classes and one on one Reformer training with Kim. Right by the PATH at Grove.

Posted on: 2012/9/22 18:32

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/12 16:21
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
I've taken classes at both Pilates Haus (currently) and Project Pilates.

I stopped going to Project Pilates when they moved to the Hamilton Park area and joined up with the gym. It's not public transit accessible and parking in the area is hard to find. I feel like joining up with the gym lost some of the true Pilates-ness of Project Pilates.

Pilates Haus is within walking distance from both home and the PATH. The instructors are fabulous! Yes, I agree, there could be more classes or a different variety of them. But the instructors are among the best!

Posted on: 2012/9/22 17:59

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/24 2:10
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks JC Newbie-- I've been doing my privates with Morgan and I agree she is great. Very happy with everything so far, I'm so glad we can get such quality instruction in the neighborhood.

Posted on: 2012/9/22 15:21

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/30 0:52
Group:
Registered Users
Hi- good choice with Project Pilates! I've been going there for just over a year. I noticed changes in my core strength within 6-8 weeks. Also, I noticed that the pain in my lower back disappeared. (After doing one or two classes per week).

Both the reformer and tower classes are excellent. The instructors are different in their methods but all are great. (Morgan and Melissa are my favorites) That's why I like popping into different classes- it's a good way to keep mixing up the routine so you continue to see growth.

good luck!

Posted on: 2012/9/17 20:43

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for the recommendations! Since I have a difficult time isolating muscles, I really need the machines I think-- so it sounds like Project Pilates would be a better fit, at least until I learn more. I signed up for their intro privates package, I am really hoping it works for me. About how long before one can expect to see results (by results, I mean a significant strength increase in the core).

Posted on: 2012/9/17 18:27

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/19 17:37
Group:
Registered Users
I have been to both Project Pilates and Pilates Haus and can recommend both. Project Pilates has a greater variety of classes to chose from, and is a great option for the Hamilton Park area. Very friendly staff and nice new equipment.

Personally, I find Pilates Haus more hardcore, in a good way. It is very much about the classic school of pilates. The instructors give you a lot of attention and I have learned a lot about the correct way to do the movements and exercises. Tetsuo is the master! He will push you and really make you work your core. However, I do wish they had a greater variety of classes to choose from. They mainly have mat classes, and one tower class on the weekends. You can't take reformer classes unless you do a private or semi-private class. The equipment is also a little older, but very well maintained. Amazing classes though. I always leave feeling two inches taller.

Posted on: 2012/9/16 4:00

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/24 0:33
Group:
Registered Users
I highly recommend Project Pilates. I train privately with Christie (the owner of the gym/studio - she's excellent : ) and also take several small group classes. I've been in classes with most of the instructors and they are all very knowledgeable, supportive, and motivational. Plus, the space is great.

Before moving to Jersey City, I trained at several small pilates studios and also did some pilates training at Equinox. I must admit, I'm much happier with the quality of the instruction at Project Pilates.

Posted on: 2012/9/16 0:05

Pilates Specific recommendations
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I am a newbie to Pilates and was hoping for someone with experience in Pilates, preferably who has been to Pilates Haus and/or Project Pilates at HHF, to provide some recommendations. Do you recommend one studio over the other, are there particular classes or instructors who are better than others?
I had a disappointing experience at a NYC Pilates studio so I was hoping for a little guidance this time.

Thanks!

Posted on: 2012/9/15 20:45

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017