Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
84 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 84

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Fulop Violating Pay-To-Play?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I'm impressed. Who knew a Healy Weeble could read.

Bar Keep! Another round!

Posted on: 2012/9/16 21:13

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/19 3:01
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2012/9/16 17:34

Re: Healy re-election campaign, part deux
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/9 5:04
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/8/27 3:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
JCFree, who should we vote for in this upcoming election if not Fulop?

Elections are always about choosing the lesser of two evils. You never let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

Is Fulop squeaky clean? I bet he isn't. However, he is not running against Mother Theresa, he is running against Healy, and Healy is no Mother Theresa...

Posted on: 2012/8/27 3:36

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
You raise a great point. Fulop has proactively returned over $50,000 in contributions. These contributions were not violations of anything. There was no public pressure - just someone trying to do the right thing, as he did with the Impact contribution.
On one hand, you are attacking someone who does the right thing unprompted.

A simple google search of Decotiis represents Spectra shed some more light on:

More to "proactively returning money, no public pressure, and doing the right thing unprompted". Consider that Fulop and Dale Hardman knew about the Decotiis/Spectra connection as far back as October of 2011, yet it was not until the late July 2012 ELEC filing that Fulop returned the contributions. Why you ask?

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php ... offset=0&total_comments=9

Because the proactive man that does the right thing in the absence of public pressure became aware of a newspaper article which touched on the Spectra/Decotiis contributions from the Hudson Reporter dated July 20, 2012.

http://hudsonreporter.com/view/full_s ... nstance=home_Most_popular

T-Bird....that's two instances now where he not only didn't "proactively do the right thing"....it took media pressure for him to return the money.

Your credibility is through the roof. Why don't you just come out and let us know that you work on the Fulop campaign?

Posted on: 2012/8/27 3:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCFree wrote:
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
On one hand, you are attacking someone who does the right thing unprompted. So what do you say about someone who takes bribes to fund his campaign? Given your sharp, if misguided, moral compass, you must be outraged about that. You should have a conversation with whoever you are posting for about that - be it Healy or people who are running with him.

Really, Healy is corrupt? I hadn't heard that before now. But you know what, that's not a reason for me to vote for Steve Fulop for Mayor. The only discernable message I have heard from Steve Fulop over the past three years is vote for me, I will reform and Healy is corrupt.

I have read it in print and watched Fulop say it in the video interview attached in the "Healy/Fulop Gloves Are OFF"...he says, "Watch what Healy does and not what he says". That's thought provoking and a que to the public that there is no need to think about what Fulop says versus what he does.

Well, you claim that Fulop "does the right thing unprompted" with respect to his return of campaign contributions. Since you are well-versed in the Pay-to-Play ordinances and intimately familiar with ELEC, then perhaps you can explain to me how he did not violate Pay-to-Play when he accepted $1,500 from IMPACT PAC the political fundraising arm of IMPACT JC-LLC, a City designated redeveloper, on 2/19/10 as reported in his ELEC filing dated April 19, 2010?

As you must know, he had 30 days from the applicable filing date (April 15, 2010) to return the contribution and avoid violating the ordinance. A check for returning the money was issued on June 2, 2010 as reported in his July 13, 2010 ELEC filing- JUNE 2ND IS THE SAME DAY THE JERSEY JOURNAL PUBLISHED THE ARTICLE ADDRESSING THE INCIDENT. That's called being prompted. That's called returning the money because you were caught violating the ordinance you championed in the news. That's called watch what I do and not what I say.

The same thing undoubtedly occurred with Spectra Energy's lawyers. You mean to tell me the Downtown City Councilman, who has Dale Hardman of "No Gas Pipeline" working on his campaign, had no idea that Decotiis represents the entity that is the scourge of Jersey City? You mean after the partners gave him $30,000+ it was never once mentioned, "hey you know we represent Spectra Energy?" C'mon.

I'd say someone said to him, you better give that money back before people start asking questions. Questions like, did Steve Fulop write a single letter to any state or federal officials urging them to oppose the pipeline project? And if he did, did he stop after the Decotiis money started rolling in? But I know, you think he deserves a cookie for returning Spectra's influence peddling.

I am sure that Spectra's lawyers gave because they were all about his message of reform. They had no business friendly interest in exhibiting such generosity. The spirit of upholding Pay-to-Play reform was alive and well.

So, forgive me if I listened with keen interest to hear Fulop's response to Esther Wintner's question at the City Council meeting. And I ask Fulop again, has Ramon Rivera raised money for your mayoral campaign?

Because it's not what Fulop says, it's what he believes he can get away with that counts.

With all of the volumes of information you are pouring out - which seems to be fact, I can't imagine you wanting to hide behind an avatar. Why don't you give the message board your name and any affiliations you have to help us really trust & absorb the information you are so adamant about sharing?

Posted on: 2012/8/27 2:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCFree wrote:

Because it's not what Fulop says, it's what he believes he can get away with that counts.

I find this very funny, when Healy is the one who should have been indicted for corruption. He sat with Solomon Dwek and no doubt knew money was coming his way for favors. If you want to talk about getting away with something, how Healy never was indicted is a prime example.

Posted on: 2012/8/26 22:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
JCFree - as you were asked on the Dan Levin thread, are you Esther? Why did it take you over 2 years to register a username on JCList and raise your concerns about the Spectra-related donations?

Oh wait. Election season is here, and all the pols, cronies and paid hacks are out mud-slinging.

If the machine's OS wasn't so neanderthal, we might listen and care.

Posted on: 2012/8/26 18:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Wow, you really do live in another world. You want so badly for something to be true that you will contort anything to make it seem real for you. Good luck buddy. Maybe go outside and enjoy the summer afternoon. I am.

Posted on: 2012/8/26 17:55

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:

Let's be honest here. Clearly it is political season and you are a troll. You surfaced to defend Dan Levin once he decided to compromise himself and run with Healy and you reference Esther the tea partier (certainly that doesnt mesh with the Occupy ethic, does it?) who is also running with Healy and abandoned her views once getting on the library board. The library board! Can you imagine her fealty to him if he ever somehow managed to get her elected to a council seat???

What is fact is that the only thing that team Healy can run on is drag other people down because their record on crime, taxes and corruption are embarrassing. If I were as full of questions as you are, I'd be asking Esther and Dan - people you support - why they would sell out their "principles" to be a part of that.

I'd say we've come a long way T-Bird. The thread started with you questioning the basis for the title and likening it to a "how often do you beat your wife question" to you conceding a Pay-to-Play violation, albeit a separate ordinance.

I will let you go back to elevating political discourse by calling me a troll for discussing verifiable facts.

Are you sure you still want to question other people's beliefs as if Fulop has any real principles?

Posted on: 2012/8/26 16:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Decotiis is a very large law firm that works on literally thousands of cases. I doubt most partners don't know every case the firm is involved with, let alone an outsider. By all means look at what Fulop did - Spectra is a great example: Fulop led the charge againat the pipeline from day one. He engaged Lautenberg on the issue. He was the only elected official to speak out and object to the pipeline to the Tpk authority and NJ Transit. He has spoken out against the project clearly and consistently for three years. While you clearly know your way around the internet, you take some wild leaps that the facts not only don't support, they contradict. Your original question was answered. I'm sure you will throw out other isolated "facts" and create more elaborately speculative scenarios posed as "questions".

Let's be honest here. Clearly it is political season and you are a troll. You surfaced to defend Dan Levin once he decided to compromise himself and run with Healy and you reference Esther the tea partier (certainly that doesnt mesh with the Occupy ethic, does it?) who is also running with Healy and abandoned her views once getting on the library board. The library board! Can you imagine her fealty to him if he ever somehow managed to get her elected to a council seat???

What is fact is that the only thing that team Healy can run on is drag other people down because their record on crime, taxes and corruption are embarrassing. If I were as full of questions as you are, I'd be asking Esther and Dan - people you support - why they would sell out their "principles" to be a part of that.

Posted on: 2012/8/26 11:57

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
On one hand, you are attacking someone who does the right thing unprompted. So what do you say about someone who takes bribes to fund his campaign? Given your sharp, if misguided, moral compass, you must be outraged about that. You should have a conversation with whoever you are posting for about that - be it Healy or people who are running with him.

Really, Healy is corrupt? I hadn't heard that before now. But you know what, that's not a reason for me to vote for Steve Fulop for Mayor. The only discernable message I have heard from Steve Fulop over the past three years is vote for me, I will reform and Healy is corrupt.

I have read it in print and watched Fulop say it in the video interview attached in the "Healy/Fulop Gloves Are OFF"...he says, "Watch what Healy does and not what he says". That's thought provoking and a que to the public that there is no need to think about what Fulop says versus what he does.

Well, you claim that Fulop "does the right thing unprompted" with respect to his return of campaign contributions. Since you are well-versed in the Pay-to-Play ordinances and intimately familiar with ELEC, then perhaps you can explain to me how he did not violate Pay-to-Play when he accepted $1,500 from IMPACT PAC the political fundraising arm of IMPACT JC-LLC, a City designated redeveloper, on 2/19/10 as reported in his ELEC filing dated April 19, 2010?

As you must know, he had 30 days from the applicable filing date (April 15, 2010) to return the contribution and avoid violating the ordinance. A check for returning the money was issued on June 2, 2010 as reported in his July 13, 2010 ELEC filing- JUNE 2ND IS THE SAME DAY THE JERSEY JOURNAL PUBLISHED THE ARTICLE ADDRESSING THE INCIDENT. That's called being prompted. That's called returning the money because you were caught violating the ordinance you championed in the news. That's called watch what I do and not what I say.

The same thing undoubtedly occurred with Spectra Energy's lawyers. You mean to tell me the Downtown City Councilman, who has Dale Hardman of "No Gas Pipeline" working on his campaign, had no idea that Decotiis represents the entity that is the scourge of Jersey City? You mean after the partners gave him $30,000+ it was never once mentioned, "hey you know we represent Spectra Energy?" C'mon.

I'd say someone said to him, you better give that money back before people start asking questions. Questions like, did Steve Fulop write a single letter to any state or federal officials urging them to oppose the pipeline project? And if he did, did he stop after the Decotiis money started rolling in? But I know, you think he deserves a cookie for returning Spectra's influence peddling.

I am sure that Spectra's lawyers gave because they were all about his message of reform. They had no business friendly interest in exhibiting such generosity. The spirit of upholding Pay-to-Play reform was alive and well.

So, forgive me if I listened with keen interest to hear Fulop's response to Esther Wintner's question at the City Council meeting. And I ask Fulop again, has Ramon Rivera raised money for your mayoral campaign?

Posted on: 2012/8/26 0:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
You raise a great point. Fulop has proactively returned over $50,000 in contributions. These contributions were not violations of anything. There was no public pressure - just someone trying to do the right thing, as he did with the Impact contribution. Fulop has returned more contributions than anyone in the state. As you well know, included among those returns are contributions from partners of the Decotiis firm.

Contrast that with Healy - when the Dwek stink arose and the $20,000 in bribes that Beldini took for Healy came into focus, Healy said he would return that money. He still has yet to do so - more than three years later. Bribes. Not contributions mistakenly accepted at a large fundraiser - cash slipped to his deputy mayor in an envelope from someone posing as a developer who was looking to buy approval for a project. A straight up five figure bribe that currently constitutes one-fifth of Healy's total campaign war chest.

Posted on: 2012/8/25 12:08

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
I see impartial civic discourse is alive and well on this board. I simply raised a question that came up at a City Council meeting and apparently you prove just how innocent Fulop is by answering for him and bashing the person making the inquiry. Very rational.

This wouldn't be the first time that Fulop failed to exercise due dilligence in considering where his campaign money comes from in the political action committe context and whether they do business with the City or in the case of Spectra Energy's lawyers the Decotiis Firm- against the City.

http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/jerse ... 75460854146290.xml&coll=3

Posted on: 2012/8/25 6:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PathH8Tr wrote:
Quote:

JCFree wrote:
Did anyone witness Esther Wintner question Steve Fulop at Wednesday's City Council meeting on whether the JC Board of Education's attorney- Ramon Rivera- has raised funds for his mayoral election campaign?

Was that a confirmation or a denial by Fulop?

Sniffing out ulterior motive here. Those of us left not trolling JCLIST are smarter than this. Have you ever heard of a newbie coming on a forum to stir the pot? Can you smell the obvious? Yawn.

Right you are PathH8Tr. Where were you JCFree when Jerry Mccan and his clone were getting no bid contracts for their pals? Hmmm. You must have missed Joe C at the BOE meeting telling people that Fulop was a crook. Yet it was Joe C that was questioned by the FBI. Hmmm.

Troll away and while yer at it remind that McCarty troll that some board members are upset that he does not open Mc Nair's gym on Sundays like he did for Terry Dehare.

Bar Keep! Another round!

Posted on: 2012/8/25 2:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCFree wrote:
Did anyone witness Esther Wintner question Steve Fulop at Wednesday's City Council meeting on whether the JC Board of Education's attorney- Ramon Rivera- has raised funds for his mayoral election campaign?

Sniffing out ulterior motive here. Those of us left not trolling JCLIST are smarter than this. Have you ever heard of a newbie coming on a forum to stir the pot? Can you smell the obvious? Yawn.

Posted on: 2012/8/25 1:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Couldn't agree with you more, Brewster - was about to say something similar but I'll leave it at the Anne Coulter/alien threesome...

JCFree - Ramon Rivera hasn't contributed to any Fulop campaigns, nor has he raised money. Fulop answered that question at the council meeting the same way - so bringing it up here in your "hey, I'll join JCList today and post a 'do you still beat your wife' question because it's the political season" kind of way is more than a little obvious.

Interestingly, Rivera first got the contract in 2003 - under Epps. The council doesn't vote on this matter so whether or not folks at Rivera's firm have contributed to sitting council members, council candidates or anyone else not on the BOE is irrelevant from a pay to play perspective. But you already know that - just posting crap and seeing if any of it sticks is the aim, right?

Posted on: 2012/8/24 21:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCFree wrote:
T-Bird- Why should I rename the thread? I framed it as a question, one already asked by a resident at a public meeting and directed to an elected official.

The outrageous accusation framed as a question is considered one of the nastiest of political moves. "Did the president have a 3 way with an alien and Ann Coulter?" Regardless of the falseness of the accusation, studies have shown the graphic accusation is far stickier than the truthful rebuttal, which is why the practice persists, and why you don't get the benefit of the doubt when you use it.

Posted on: 2012/8/24 21:49

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
T-Bird- Why should I rename the thread? I framed it as a question, one already asked by a resident at a public meeting and directed to an elected official.

I think the public and the media should demand an answer, unless the requirement of following the law only applies to elected officials and candidates for office whose name is not Steve Fulop.

Can Fulop or one of his supporters answer this simple question, has Ramon Rivera raised money for his mayoral election campaign?

Posted on: 2012/8/24 21:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
JCFree - am more than familiar with Jersey City's and the state's pay to play laws and ELEC, in general. No clarification from you is necessary. Suggest you become more familiar yourself because 1+1 does not equal 3. Until then, maybe you should rename the thread and/or refrain from commenting on things that, based on what you've posted to date, are seemingly over your head.

Posted on: 2012/8/24 20:39

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
T-Bird are you familiar with the Contractor Pay-to-Play ordinance? If not I suggest you read it.

If you are thinking that can't apply to the Jersey City Board of Education's attorney, then you would be mistaken.

Ramon Rivera is not an employee of the JCBOE, he is a partner at a well-known law firm that does business with Jersey City.

Let me know if I can clarify this further.

Posted on: 2012/8/24 19:36

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/9 5:04
Group:
Registered Users
JCFREE:

LOL. Maybe you have not been paying attention, but it is not Fulop you should be worrying about in regards to violating Pay to Play. The current Mayor literally wrote the book on this topic (and his cronies have been fighting all changes to Pay to Play rules).

Healy associates featured on AMERICAN GREED

Posted on: 2012/8/24 19:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
What does the title you chose for this thread have to do with the questions you are asking?

Posted on: 2012/8/24 18:29

Fulop Violating Pay-To-Play?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2012/8/24 8:13

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017