Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Home Theater Installation Companies
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/21 2:00
Group:
Registered Users
I needed something more advanced than Geek Squad and found exactly what I was looking for. Bear in mind I was not only looking for a new TV and installation, but also to upgrade some audio equipment.

I found 2 companies that fit different bills and recommend them both without hesitation. For TV's and other installations, Bob, the owner of Smart Home Integration was incredibly reasonable and listened to my needs. He was responsible for buying my TV, apple TV, stand and installation. --- 609-636-8510.

Audio Connection is a high end audio store in Verona. They've been around a long time and the owner, John, is an incredibly fair and knowledgeable person. I bought a high end amplifier and, incredibly, it was delivered because I need it in a rush! John also fixed up some of my other equipment and didn't ask for a cent. His price for the amp was lower than anyplace on the net. audioconnection.com.

What distinguishes these guys from everyone else I dealt with is they're love for what they do and they listen to what you want instead of trying to maximize profits. They are both righteous people. Although they are both not in the immediate area, they have no problem servicing JC.

I should also mention I dealt with a certain high end dealer in Jersey City who I'll leave nameless. Their main motive seemed to maximize profits. I gave him my budget and it went in one ear and out the other.

Posted on: 2013/5/11 1:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/21 2:00
Group:
Registered Users
Anything new in this area?

I called Geek Squad / Best Buy and didn't get a great feeling. They seem to be set up for basic or simple installations and repairs. I also left a message at the other place mentioned.

My setup is rather complicated. It was custom set up many years ago (15 or so) by Stereo Exchange in NYC. I need some place along those lines but would never go back to them - they totally ripped me off on cables. Things are starting to break down and I need a new TV. Some components, which cost a small fortune at the time, are in need of repair also. My music system is the most important thing to me and need someone knowledgeable in this area.

I rent so I don't want to be doing anything very permanent. Thanks for any suggestions.

Posted on: 2013/4/28 19:30

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/21 3:19
Group:
Registered Users
I ended up using BestBuy's Geek Squad and was pleasantly surprised. They did a great job of mounting my 65 inch TV and were quite professional.

I read many bad reviews about them - on their own website- and wasn't sure. But then, those reviews were mostly about how they were charged extra for stuff they didn't want or cables they didn't have. Hard to decide without knowing more.

In my case, mine was going to be a simple mount using the mount purchased at their stores and I already had the HDMI cables. Went smooth and the TV looks great.

Would gladly recommend them.

Posted on: 2012/8/22 19:24

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/1/12 0:51
From Lincoln Park
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.smarthomeintegrationusa.com/

two friends have used them (one for a huge job with like 17 sets of speakers through the house) and they love them.

Posted on: 2012/8/14 13:12

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/29 8:03
Group:
Registered Users
www.apple-link.com

sales@apple-link.com
Best Tech Guys in the area

Posted on: 2012/8/13 20:46

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Update: I contacted "Turbo Tech Nerds" who offered to visit and give a free quote. Harris Hafeez, the Head Tech, came over as scheduled and gave an estimate. He was quite professional and seemed to know what he was talking about.

Posted on: 2012/7/16 17:36

Home theater contractors
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hi,

I am considering wall-mounting my big screen tv in my apartment and also set-up my surround-sound speakers to hide the wires.

Any recommendations on shops/individuals?

Thanks!

Posted on: 2012/5/29 17:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.audiodoctor.com

I havn't used them yet and they are local.

Posted on: 2012/4/18 19:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Don't use the "Geek Squad"

A tenant of mine used them. Later when the home theater system had to be moved (for repairs) I found out her system had extra cables installed that were not required. She was billed for them of course.

Posted on: 2012/4/17 16:19

Home Theater Installation Companies
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
I'm looking to get quotes from home theater installation companies. Anyone have any recommendations of reputable companies besides Talk of the Town?

Posted on: 2012/4/17 16:05

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017