Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Field Station Dinosaurs - Anyone Visited This?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/17 14:33
Group:
Registered Users
I took my kids for the first time last week. They loved it (a boy - age 6 and a girl age 7 3/4). I thought it was OK - it was much smaller than I imagined. I also thought it was way overpriced. For 1 adult and 2 kids it was $80 - this includes $10 for parking.

Posted on: 2012/8/17 14:36

Re: Field Station Dinosaurs - Anyone Visited This?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Things I have heard from others:

It is a bit pricey, especially the parking.
Some liked it.
Some found it over-rated.

If you are willing to take a road trip, there is a working narrow gauge railroad down in Allaire State Park. It tends to be popular with kids.

Posted on: 2012/8/16 23:33

Field Station Dinosaurs - Anyone Visited This?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
I have friends with kids coming this weekend and am looking for some fun things to do. I came across this in Secaucus:

http://www.fieldstationdinosaurs.com/

Has anyone been? Is it fun?

Thanks!

Posted on: 2012/8/16 22:37

Re: Field Station Dinosaur - Secaucus
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/13 2:42
From The Island
Group:
Registered Users
a colleague and I went one day after work on a special educators day on opening week. At that point, parking was still free and lot's of the potential activities and stations were still in development.

It's a fantastic place for younger children, (6-10 years old and we observed that it can be a little scary for some of the wee ones) but not interesting (not yet) for an older student who is not going with free will.

The robots themselves are impressively huge and well placed. The robotics are simple yet effective and the whole park affords a nice walk which one could finish lazily in about 35-45 minutes if you stop and read all the good information about each creature. Although according to the park they plan on expanding more and more.

Some of the stations: coloring, digging for pre-buried fossils in a sand pit, an educational outdoor theater with different games and performances (puppet show) as well as a person in a dinosaur suit. There is a green screen for taking action pictures with the dino's. When we went there was also a green house under construction along with a large pavilion on the top of the hill which could be anything now.

It's definitely worth checking out if you're into dinosaurs, but from some of the latest developments, Secaucus (not the field station) is now charging $10 for parking.

(http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... harging_environmenta.html)

That on top of the $15-20 per person fee to get into the park can make for an expensive family outing. But if you ever wanted a picture of both a tyrannosaurus rex and empire state building in the same shot, this is the place to go.

Posted on: 2012/7/6 14:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
My daughter loves dinosaurs and we've already gone twice. She thinks its fun. I did hear some people gripe that it wasn't worth the money, but we liked it.

It can get pretty brutal in the heat, though.

One other thing to remember, although the site says that parking is free, there is a $10 "Environmental Fee" that Secaucus charges for parking, so factor that into the cost of admission.

Posted on: 2012/7/6 14:25

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/2 18:16
From West Bergen
Group:
Registered Users
Went 2 weeks ago. The place is great fun. Walking path leads to various stations where dinos are located (motion and sound really enhances the experience).
We spent the better part of 4 hours (watching the shows and exploring the paths.

Posted on: 2012/7/6 13:20

Field Station Dinosaur - Secaucus
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned
http://fieldstationdinosaurs.com/index

Has anyone been here? If so, how was it?

Posted on: 2012/7/6 12:21

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017