Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Car break-in 3rd and Jersey
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

skinny wrote:
There's been a severe rash of break ins over the last month. Last week my neighbors' car window was smashed and they took his gps. There were also 3 house break ins on my block, 2 of which were in the last 2 weeks or so...on 5th st btwn Coles and Monmouth. I've heard from other neighbors that the Hamilton Park area has been hit with house break ins in the last couple of months as well. My guess is it's crackheads of some sort. Just don't understand why the cops haven't upped their patrol and caught them. These crimes have been reported so they know it's in a contained area late at night.

Suspects in the recent home break-ins were 2 black dudes in a gold Toyota Camry. Also, my neighbor had a suspicious visit from some dude claiming to be looking for a friend. The suspect quickly retreated to an older but neat metallic aquamarine blue sedan. The NJ license plate was RWG-54V or 51V. Keep your eyes open people and stop being disinterested victims. There is no imaginary army of crackheads. It is usually the same one or two people hitting an area again and again till they start feeling the heat or get caught.

Posted on: 2012/8/10 17:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/18 16:12
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for the info Heights. I'll report it. I kind of got wrapped up in the claims process with my insurance company and since they didn't need a police report, I forgot about it. The irony of being a law breaker for not reporting being a victim of crime... ;)

Posted on: 2012/8/10 14:31

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/9 20:26
Group:
Registered Users
There's been a severe rash of break ins over the last month. Last week my neighbors' car window was smashed and they took his gps. There were also 3 house break ins on my block, 2 of which were in the last 2 weeks or so...on 5th st btwn Coles and Monmouth. I've heard from other neighbors that the Hamilton Park area has been hit with house break ins in the last couple of months as well. My guess is it's crackheads of some sort. Just don't understand why the cops haven't upped their patrol and caught them. These crimes have been reported so they know it's in a contained area late at night.

Posted on: 2012/8/7 17:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 21:28
Group:
Registered Users
My car was parked at 2nd and Erie, and at some point over the weekend, one of our fine residents was kind enough to key the entire passenger side--from corner to corner, even making sure to get the door handles. Wonder if they were mad that my doors were locked? Or that there wasn't anything of value in the car? Or just complete jackasses, who don't care about destroying other people's property.

Posted on: 2012/8/7 16:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcgurl wrote:
Our car was parked there overnight a few weekends ago and experienced a hit and run... the amount of body damage totaled the car. I didn't file a police report since I didn't think there was a point. Maybe I should just so they have it for their stats?

Our car was also rummaged through Monday night when parked on Erie and Third Street overnight. But it was our fault as we had left the door unlocked! Oops. Luckily, we don't keep anything in the car and the only thing they got was a bunch of quarters that were in the glove compartment.

Best advice is to leave nothing in the car. Crackheads will smash your window for an empty soda can worth 5 cents if it gets them closer to getting high.

The law is that you have to report all accidents to the police department and to you insurance company. Also they must have been checking all of the door locks to finally get into your car.

Posted on: 2012/8/7 16:09
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/18 16:12
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Our car was parked there overnight a few weekends ago and experienced a hit and run... the amount of body damage totaled the car. I didn't file a police report since I didn't think there was a point. Maybe I should just so they have it for their stats?

Our car was also rummaged through Monday night when parked on Erie and Third Street overnight. But it was our fault as we had left the door unlocked! Oops. Luckily, we don't keep anything in the car and the only thing they got was a bunch of quarters that were in the glove compartment.

Best advice is to leave nothing in the car. Crackheads will smash your window for an empty soda can worth 5 cents if it gets them closer to getting high.

Posted on: 2012/8/7 15:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/17 12:06
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/8/7 3:29

Car break-in 3rd and Jersey
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/7 22:41
Group:
Registered Users
Just wanted to report a car break in on 3rd in front of Key Foods on Saturday night. One of my friends passanger windows was smashed and gps and iPod stolen. Weird thing is nothing was out in the open. Was a Nissan SUV.

Since nothing was out in the open, I have to presume it was random. Given that, I was wondering if anyone else knows of anything around that area lately. Trying to see if it was a one off or if there has been a string of break ins.

Cops were called, not really helpful. The only glimmer of hope in catching the person was since it was in front of key foods, cameras may have caught it. JCPD will be doing a follow up with Key Foods this week to obtain footage.....although I won't hold my breath.

Posted on: 2012/8/7 0:37

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017