Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Georgia woman files theft charge against Jersey City moving company.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/4 17:25
Group:
Registered Users
Be dismissive all you want, but know that you are doing a disservice to every topic you post about if you make it an unreadable blob of text.

A couple hits of the return button is not too much to ask.

Posted on: 2012/7/29 13:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
see all the trolls are still out and about. Have fun JC!

Posted on: 2012/7/29 12:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/4 17:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

the OP should have recreated the paragraphs in his/her post?

YES!

Don't copy and paste if you can't format properly. Just post a link.

Posted on: 2012/7/29 5:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

whiteboy19 wrote:
a pure example of peoples addiction to crap.Ive counted the stuff I would take with me if I had to pick up and move,7 pieces of furniture,a box for the kitchen a box of utility and some tools,the rest wouldnt be worth moving.Ive seen tons of people move tons of crap into my building only to move all the crap out after a year and a half.5 thou to move my stuff?maybe I would rent a van and do it myself.what you own is just crap you hold onto while you pass thru life,its more important to work on yourself and your relationships[which is all you really have].she should fix the moving company and let them keep all the stuff,let the moving company worry about it.and by the way,I do have a badass kitchen table which I found in the garbage,I would def.take that too,plus some chairs I found in the garbage when I was living in weehawken,they were thrown out when the ''Club Mili''was closed in 1988,nice chairs,antiques real wood not pressed wood Ikea b.s.People throw out good stuff and buy new stuff made in china which is helping them become a superpower which could take over the united states but not really cause the chinese economy is G>D>P> govt pushed based which cannot possibly support itself for much longer.but anyway the stuff they do make is pretty much crap so...about the ladies stuff?I cannot say

So this company should be allowed to extort its customer for thousands of dollars because her stuff doesn't live up to your standards? Nice rule.

Posted on: 2012/7/29 1:39

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/12 15:19
Group:
Banned
a pure example of peoples addiction to crap.Ive counted the stuff I would take with me if I had to pick up and move,7 pieces of furniture,a box for the kitchen a box of utility and some tools,the rest wouldnt be worth moving.Ive seen tons of people move tons of crap into my building only to move all the crap out after a year and a half.5 thou to move my stuff?maybe I would rent a van and do it myself.what you own is just crap you hold onto while you pass thru life,its more important to work on yourself and your relationships[which is all you really have].she should fix the moving company and let them keep all the stuff,let the moving company worry about it.and by the way,I do have a badass kitchen table which I found in the garbage,I would def.take that too,plus some chairs I found in the garbage when I was living in weehawken,they were thrown out when the ''Club Mili''was closed in 1988,nice chairs,antiques real wood not pressed wood Ikea b.s.People throw out good stuff and buy new stuff made in china which is helping them become a superpower which could take over the united states but not really cause the chinese economy is G>D>P> govt pushed based which cannot possibly support itself for much longer.but anyway the stuff they do make is pretty much crap so...about the ladies stuff?I cannot say

Posted on: 2012/7/29 1:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

1stStGuy wrote:
The concept of paragraphs is lost on you.

The OP cut and pasted an article, and in the process the paragraphs were lost. Is it so difficult to figure out? Or are you saying that the OP should have recreated the paragraphs in his/her post? Sheesh.

Posted on: 2012/7/24 22:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Hello substitute teacher, welcome to hell.

Posted on: 2012/7/24 18:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/7/24 18:04

Georgia woman files theft charge against Jersey City moving company.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
A former Connecticut woman says a Jersey City moving company is holding a houseful of her belongings hostage, and she's fighting back.
"It's not fair and they just can't do this to people and get away with it," said Danita Thomas, 50, now of Roswell, Ga.
In a police report filed in Jersey City, Thomas says Priority One Moving and Storage, located on Halladay Street, was supposed to deliver her property on July 1, but her Georgia home is still empty.
"I paid my dues working as a firefighter for over 20 years, battled cancer and won, and now I'm trying to settle down in retirement and I'm sitting in an empty apartment. I feel they have my stuff for ransom," said Thomas, the first female firefighter in the history of the Syracuse, N.Y. Fire Department.
Officials from the moving company say there's more to the story.
Thomas, who was said she is moving to Georgia to be near her daughter, found Priority One online and hired the company to move her belongings from a storage unit in Connecticut to her new home in Georgia on July 1.
After being quoted a price of $1,650 to move furniture and 30 boxes, Thomas said the the moving company called her on June 26, the day the truck was being loaded,
and told her six or seven more boxes were needed to complete the move.
"I said 'Just go ahead, I will pay for it.' In a few hours he said the price was $5,800. I almost passed out," Thomas said.
This morning a manager at the moving company, who identified herself as Katie, said it was a lot more than six or seven extra boxes, and that Thomas' belongings are on their way.
She said the company has been trying to work with Thomas, who has vacillated between wanting to pay, not wanting to pay, and possibly picking the items up in a rental truck herself. She also said the company gave Thomas a $1,000 discount, bringing the cost down to about $4,900.
"It's not always on the company's side that there is a problem," Katie said. "We have given her updates. She was given an over-$1,000 discount. We worked with her."
Thomas said the original deal was a 10 percent down payment on the $1,650 quote and an additional 60 percent when the items shipped out. The remainder was due on deliver.
She said she had considered picking up the items herself, but found it would cost close to $5,000, so she agreed to pay the $4,900. As of last week she had paid $4,000 is still waiting for her stuff to make the 14-hour trip, she said.
On July 18 Thomas lost patience, called Jersey City police and filed a report alleging theft by unlawful taking, theft by deception and theft for failing to make required disposition.
Thomas said a police officer went to the moving company on Saturday and with Thomas listening in on his cell phone, was told the items were being loaded and would be delivered in the next two days. She said she spoke to police yesterday and was told to give it another day.
"I just feel that I'm so far away and they took advantage of that fact, and as a woman," Thomas. "I'm so far away and I have none of my personal stuff to make it feel like home."Movers and Takers

Posted on: 2012/7/24 17:57

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017