Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
88 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 88

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: 5th Street.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Josiered wrote:
I called two weeks prior when the same thing happened walking home at night from the Path. The guy was passed out and I gave them the details. The next morning I walked by at 6:30 a.m. going back to the Path and he was still there. So in my opinion I GUESS they didn't show up - what do YOU think? Unless you have a hotline to the PD there isn't too much they show up for. They know what lives there, they've been informed by neighbors but it still goes on month after month. I've talked to the tenants upstairs and they've notified the landlor and the cops. You got any better ideas? Obviously with the (2) officers on duty for a 14 block radius they had bigger fish to fry !
I don't buy this at all ... Over the last years, I have seen several guys flat on their back and completely out of their mind in that general area you reference. Every time I called the non-emergency number, both EMS and the cops showed up. Since I tend to stick around when I can, I know that they show up. Although I am not a humanitarian (actually far from it), I do stock around since whether he is a druggie or works for Goldman, he is still (some form of) a human.

Either our experiences are different or you are wrong. The cops in the East District do take these things quite seriously ...

Posted on: 2012/7/17 1:58

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/4/24 16:13
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Josiered wrote:
Had a great conversation with Al tonight while walking around the feast. Now mind you my previous posts never stated dead junkies OR almost fatal junkies outside or near DOA's. These dudes are just high as a kite - so when other posters embellish my posts I cannot explain their reasoning for twisting and manipulating a story to suit their post. However, while talking to Al outside of the building there it is - some moron so whacked out on drugs he came out and tripped over himself. We enjoyed a good chuckle because it is an every day occurance. I know big shot it never really happened and I gues you will suggest I dreamed up this post too? Get over it and face reality. It's there under your big nose !

Well, you said you walked passed a guy passed out with a needle in his arm, and that he was still there five hours later. An OD is what that would indicate, most likely fatal. I doubt the police ignored a call about that, and that no one else saw this.
So, you don't know anything about heroin, or you don't remember what you posted, or you made this up. Or all three. Are they just drunk and high and you don't like them, or are there bodies lying on the sidewalk with needles in their arms for five or more hours? You watch too much tv.

Posted on: 2012/7/16 2:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/22 3:23
Group:
Registered Users
Had a great conversation with Al tonight while walking around the feast. Now mind you my previous posts never stated dead junkies OR almost fatal junkies outside or near DOA's. These dudes are just high as a kite - so when other posters embellish my posts I cannot explain their reasoning for twisting and manipulating a story to suit their post. However, while talking to Al outside of the building there it is - some moron so whacked out on drugs he came out and tripped over himself. We enjoyed a good chuckle because it is an every day occurance. I know big shot it never really happened and I gues you will suggest I dreamed up this post too? Get over it and face reality. It's there under your big nose !

Posted on: 2012/7/16 1:18

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/23 23:54
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

cbg wrote:
Ok, Travis Bickle.
Hey, whenever you take a break from embellishing stories and complaining about people who can't complete a sentence in English, you may want to take a grammar course yourself, "big shot".

You talkin' to me!? You talkin' to me!?

Posted on: 2012/7/15 9:12

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Ok, Travis Bickle.
Hey, whenever you take a break from embellishing stories and complaining about people who can't complete a sentence in English, you may want to take a grammar course yourself, "big shot".

Posted on: 2012/7/15 6:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, I live on 7th also, take the Path, walk up Newark to Brunswick and there he was. Do you commute? Do you pass there everyday? Do you pass there after 10 pm at night? When you do go visit Al on the second floor of the building and Raul in the house next door on Brunswick. Or talk to Elisa in the same house on Brunswick on the second floor. All three are witnesses to the trash outside the corner building. All have seen these guys before over and over again. When you've talked to them then tell me you don't buy my story big shot ! You obviously haven't a clue. If you can;t see it from your window I guess it didn't really happen huh? Call the PD and ask them how many complaints they've had....then post on your results before you open your mouth.

Posted on: 2012/7/15 3:59

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I live on 7th. There are no dead junkies laying around. Not buying this story. A needle in his arm? I don't think so.

Posted on: 2012/7/15 3:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I called two weeks prior when the same thing happened walking home at night from the Path. The guy was passed out and I gave them the details. The next morning I walked by at 6:30 a.m. going back to the Path and he was still there. So in my opinion I GUESS they didn't show up - what do YOU think? Unless you have a hotline to the PD there isn't too much they show up for. They know what lives there, they've been informed by neighbors but it still goes on month after month. I've talked to the tenants upstairs and they've notified the landlor and the cops. You got any better ideas? Obviously with the (2) officers on duty for a 14 block radius they had bigger fish to fry !

Posted on: 2012/7/15 3:21

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Josiered wrote:
BTW the guys that live on corner of 5th and Brunswick work for Moishe's moving company. Saw a dude out there weeks ago passed out on the sidewalk with the needle still in his arm at about 1 a.m. The place is a hell hole nothing but trash. Screaming at their girlfriends, calling them every name in the book late at night. Low life scumbags but the cops won't show when you call? Go figure? Believe me my wife and I called twice but it is not an "emergency" so that means the calls don't get followed up on. Good old JC at its best.

You called to report a possibly fatal OD victim on a sidewalk and the cops said it wasn't an "emergency"?
I don't believe this story.

Posted on: 2012/7/15 3:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
BTW the guys that live on corner of 5th and Brunswick work for Moishe's moving company. Saw a dude out there weeks ago passed out on the sidewalk with the needle still in his arm at about 1 a.m. The place is a hell hole nothing but trash. Screaming at their girlfriends, calling them every name in the book late at night. Low life scumbags but the cops won't show when you call? Go figure? Believe me my wife and I called twice but it is not an "emergency" so that means the calls don't get followed up on. Good old JC at its best.

Posted on: 2012/7/15 2:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Living on 7th for so many years I do know Al and his two bull dogs. Nice guy and all but his wife has been known to steal plants off of stoops in the neighborhood. She's a nurse at the Medical Center (Philipino) and walked up the stairs to a friends house and ripped the plant right off her outside deck on the front of the house. Took Basil, Cilantro and Thyme right out of the pots. As far as Connie goes her bro -in-law is a Mason with major alcohol problems. I've seen her in the Brunswick Garden helping herself to other peoples produce. Never saw him do it but have seen her there late at night because her backyard backs up to the garden. I get home late on the Path but I don't mistake who it is when the gate on Brunswich is locked and someone is in there helping themselves.

Posted on: 2012/7/13 2:02

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/11 13:18
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, she'll usually flash you her busted up smile on the street, but once you live in her place, all bets are off.

You should hear the place when he gets his check on the first of the month. Party time! He brings all his friends from the Barge Inn back to the house and pulls all nighters.

Oh, and one time he disappeared with all of the 50/50 money he was collecting at the 6th Street Italian Festival.

Posted on: 2012/7/10 20:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/24 5:16
Group:
Registered Users
Aw, I really like Al. But he is pretty nosy. The lady you mentioned has always been nice to me for some reason, but definitely do not move into her house! Her son used to steal produce from the community garden all the time.

Posted on: 2012/7/10 20:36

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/11 13:18
Group:
Registered Users
Also lived there for three years. It might be one of the uglier blocks in downtown because of the driveways, siding, etc. but the block itself is mostly fine with a few exceptions, like most blocks.

Pluses:
If you're on the northern side, you are butted up against either the embankment, community garden, or both

Lots of old school neighbors, so it's a pretty friendly bunch

Lots of parking available in the surrounding blocks

Bodega and laundromat on the corner, White Star 3 blocks away, and about 8 pizza places within a 5 minute walk.

Negatives:
My gf's car got broken into twice on Brunswick between 5th and 6th, but that might have something to do with the fact that it was an older Honda Accord, and those are easy to get into because the keys can open pretty much any other Accord.

Al, the guy with the two fat old dogs, is really nosey and annoying as hell.

Concetta, the old lady in the pink house, can be heard at all hours yelling at the top of her lungs at her alcoholic son and brother-in-law. One time I saw her dump a full pot of spaghetti over his head. They were my landlords, and were unbearable to live above. I only mention this because I know that apartment just opened up for rent, and I wouldn't want you to be subjected to her.

The guy on the corner of 5th and Brunswick with the picture frames covering his windows totally deals drugs out of his place.

Posted on: 2012/7/10 20:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I live on 7th closer to Monmouth and walk the area often. There are many old timers on that block who are very talkative and pleasant. I do see some of the homes being renovated with new facades and it is looking rather nice. It is a safe area. Unfortunately I think the garbage comes from the school children when they are let out at lunch. They are not exactly considerate when it comes to disposing of their garbage. I do think it is a great area to live in.

Posted on: 2012/7/10 16:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/24 5:16
Group:
Registered Users
We've lived there for nearly three years. Love the neighborhood. It is usually pretty quiet, and I have never felt unsafe coming home alone at night (though my bike was stolen from where it was locked in our garage). Some highlights of the area include the Brunswick Community Garden, Madame Claude and the Brunswick Window. Pecoraro's is also very close, yum.

I think the look of the neighborhood turns some people off, because there is for some reason always a ton of garbage in the street. Also most of the buildings have crappy old siding. But it's a very friendly and nice place to live.

Posted on: 2012/7/8 16:42

5th Street.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:11
From HamiltonPARK
Group:
Registered Users
Can anyone comment on 5th Street between Brunswick and Monmouth? I have some friends who looked at a rental there. Area seems to be a mix of old-timers and families. I have been here awhile but that area is not my stomping grounds. Any info would be welcomed. Thanks!

Posted on: 2012/7/8 14:59

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017