Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
54 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 54

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Paulus Hook - Stolen GPS
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Garmin, and other GPS makers, should give buyers the ability to "brick"stolen GPSs. If a registered GPS device is stolen, you should be able to remotely turn it into a worthless brick. Also, if it's tethered to a cellphone, they should give you the ability to track it's location.

Posted on: 2012/6/11 11:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/8/3 20:43
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Our building (a walk-up) in Paulus Hook was broken into on Thursday. Two apartments were hit. So annoying. For good or for ill, I'm on the fifth floor. I guess I'm too many stairs up to merit a break-in.

Posted on: 2012/6/11 1:32

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/17 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
I don't remember, honestly. If I leave the car for an extended period of time, I always lock up. My wife was going in and out, too. And eventually one of us took it to find a parking spot. Between the bags, the screaming kids, etc, was it possible that the car was left unlocked for five minutes? Yes. It's just that I know I had it earlier that day (6/2), and just realized it wasn't in the glovebox today.

That's why I wonder if I hadn't misplaced the damn thing somewhere. But I tore the car apart looking for it, and it's not in the house, as far as I can tell. I don't see any telltale signs of entry, either. It's weird.

Posted on: 2012/6/10 22:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
So the car was unlocked as you made your trips up to your place?

Posted on: 2012/6/10 21:12

Paulus Hook - Stolen GPS
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/17 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
It was a Garmin Nuvi 1450.

Yeah, I know, I know. Woulda, shoulda, coulda brought the GPS inside, but it was in my glovebox. There was no visible evidence that I had one (visible cords, suction cup rings). I also have no idea how they entered the car (no broken windows, etc.). My only thought is that someone must have run up while I was taking multiple trips to-and-from my double-parked car while unloading it in front of my house from a weekend trip. Hell, it could simply be misplaced, but I doubt it (I'll retract this message if that ends up to be true).

It appears the thief had rustled through my emergency roadside kit and took the box cutter, as well.

Posted on: 2012/6/10 20:13

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017