Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bus Stop 8th & West Hamilton
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/31 2:51
Group:
Registered Users
lol check out the def of "rant." I was just being prissy and judgemental, is that what jclist is all about? I was harshing on the people who could use the walk, it's 2-3 mins onger than the bus, 15 mins not sitting on your fat arse. Haters gonnna hate, right?

Posted on: 2012/6/8 15:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/4 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
When I've taken the 126 into town I've seen people ride to the PATH who should be ASHAMED.

Why are you complaining about people taking the bus exactly? Are you saying only people who have difficulty walking should take the bus?

Posted on: 2012/6/7 20:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

colleen wrote:
GRRRR rant on/

The bus stops are defined by DOT standards for the safety of motorists, passengers and pedestrians. I will not excuse the ignorance of the patrolmen writing tickets in violation of the signs, but I will defend the rights of people, less able than you and I, to have a bus stop near enough to help them to work.

There is one gentleman on 8th street I have seen who rides to the PATH at Newport, he relies on a cane; there is also a lady who has suffered some affliction severely degrading her mobility, she is also using help to do what you and I never think of, simply walking.

When I've taken the 126 into town I've seen people ride to the PATH who should be ASHAMED.

I must say the degree of empathy displayed by the average poster here is tight up there with Chris Krispie's feelings for those in our society less well -off than the typical privileged blanco - near nil. Shame on you!

/end rant

What's your point? Folks were complaining about getting tickets at the Hamilton Park bus stop when buses weren't running? Seems you are just randomly ranting.

Posted on: 2012/6/7 3:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/31 2:51
Group:
Registered Users
GRRRR rant on/

The bus stops are defined by DOT standards for the safety of motorists, passengers and pedestrians. I will not excuse the ignorance of the patrolmen writing tickets in violation of the signs, but I will defend the rights of people, less able than you and I, to have a bus stop near enough to help them to work.

There is one gentleman on 8th street I have seen who rides to the PATH at Newport, he relies on a cane; there is also a lady who has suffered some affliction severely degrading her mobility, she is also using help to do what you and I never think of, simply walking.

I must say the degree of empathy displayed by the average poster here is tight up there with Chris Krispie's feelings for those in our society less well -off than the typical privileged blanco - near nil. Shame on you!

/end rant

Posted on: 2012/6/7 3:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Those bus stops are a waste of space. Let people wait 20 seconds behind the buses while they're boarded instead of taking up valuable parking for a limited bus route. Stupid planning.

What's equally stupid is the bus stop on 9th St near Jersey Ave.

Posted on: 2012/6/7 1:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
It seems that quite a few people spooted the cop writing these tickes, ahs anyone even approached the cop while he was writing the ticket ? Perhaps when you are contesting it in court you could ask the cop then. I would also sue for a day's pay while you're at it.

Posted on: 2012/6/7 1:24
Get on your bikes and ride !

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/18 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Vigilante, I agree the bus hardly ever pulls over into the curb to load/unload passengers anyway but I digress..

I wonder if the JC Police (and it *is* the cops not the Parking Authority ticketing) takes count of how many tickets get thrown out per officer? I mean really, if the courts are constantly throwing out those unwarranted tickets isn't someone going to take notice?

Posted on: 2012/6/6 16:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Those bus stops are a waste of space. Let people wait 20 seconds behind the buses while they're boarded instead of taking up valuable parking for a limited bus route. Stupid planning.

Posted on: 2012/6/5 19:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/25 12:43
Group:
Registered Users
Put a sign next to the sign, directing the officer, to learn how to read a sign.

Posted on: 2012/6/5 18:49

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/11 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
The same exact thing happened to me. I was ticketed at the bus stop on 8th & west hamilton on a Sunday. The judge threw it out but my husband had to take a day off of work to go and fight it. I live right across the street from the bus stop and also saw a cop ticketing there this past weekend. I warn my neighbors not to park there anymore! It's really a pain since the signs clearly indicate that parking there on weekends should be OK!

Posted on: 2012/6/5 18:16

Bus Stop 8th & West Hamilton
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/18 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Just thought I would post here to warn people about parking in that bus stop during the hours that the bus stop is *NOT* in operation (weekends & early morning weekdays). I parked there on a Sunday and got a parking ticket even though the sign says 6:30AM - Midnight Mon - Friday Bus Stop no parking. I got the ticket dismissed by the Judge today after showing him a photo of the sign, but he said he has no idea why they are ticketing those spots and its possible that I could get another ticket if I parked there. I saw a cop last weekend again giving tickets... I don't get it. Either its a new cop writing the tickets or they want to see how many people will actually contest it.

Posted on: 2012/6/5 17:20

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017