Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
131 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 131

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City to promote about 12 police officers to detective; Fulop slams move as 'political patrona

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/28 20:26
Group:
Registered Users
Lets also say about Schundler the "Gold Standard". Tom DeGise and Bill Gaughan were a part of his admin and they supported him and in return he supported them and today they are both part of the problem.

Tax abatements through the roof during his administration also.

Downtown built the rest of the City in shambles.

Where are we going with Schundler.

Posted on: 2012/2/26 20:05

Re: Jersey City to promote about 12 police officers to detective; Fulop slams move as 'political patrona

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Schundler. Is he the Gold Standard?

Posted on: 2012/2/26 19:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jaspernoone wrote:

Look at the elect reports. Fulop has major supporters who have been part of the Democratic Machine for decades. Does anyone really believe that these long time political party bosses and donors have become reformed and they are supporting Steven because he is a Saint and they just want to give hime money.

Be for real. They give money because they expect something in return and Steven knows it also.

That being said I do think Steven does a good job I just hate it when everyone makes it seem like he is above it all.

The same can and was said about Former Mayor Bret Schundler.

Posted on: 2012/2/26 11:50
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
One of the few positives about having a police force that largely lives down at the shore is that they can't vote here.

Here is my question though: When Healy says "As I said in my State of the City address, we are working to put more of a police presence on our streets and this is one of the mechanisms we are utilizing to do that." What does he mean? How does taking twelve uniform cops off the street and making them less accountable (and less visible) detectives fit in a plan to "put more of a police presence on our streets"? Just once, I wish the Jersey Journal would ask questions instead of taking statements and printing them verbatim.

Posted on: 2012/2/26 3:42

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
What in the Jersey City Police Department is not political. Does everyone really think that the police are just going to support Fulop because he is a well intentioned good guy from out of town who is just going to make everything wonderful. Same thing goes for the Fire Department, its all politics.

Look at the elect reports. Fulop has major supporters who have been part of the Democratic Machine for decades. Does anyone really believe that these long time political party bosses and donors have become reformed and they are supporting Steven because he is a Saint and they just want to give hime money.

Be for real. They give money because they expect something in return and Steven knows it also.

That being said I do think Steven does a good job I just hate it when everyone makes it seem like he is above it all.

Posted on: 2012/2/25 21:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
When you have a place like JC with a poor turn-out for voting, this ploy will guarantee Healy all the emergency services votes and he can throw in a few free beers at his bar.
Underhand tactics and promotions via cityhall is a total corrupt and unethical way of doing things - There should be an independent panel and promotions are only on a needs basis with the best qualified for the role ..... including officers not within JCPD to be able to apply.
Otherwise we are stuck with the same crap and never able to move forward for a better police force

Posted on: 2012/2/24 22:44
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/14 15:59
From 07304
Group:
Registered Users
It is my understanding that there is no testing or evaluation done to determine who will and will not be made a detective. Can anyone confirm whether or not that is the case?

Posted on: 2012/2/24 16:44

Jersey City to promote about 12 police officers to detective; Fulop slams move as 'political patrona
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City plans to promote about a dozen police officers to detective today, an action city officials say is their response to crime and quality-of-life concerns raised recently by numerous residents and City Council members.
The detectives, who city officials said will not receive a bump in pay for a year, will remain in uniform, but will have the added ability of conducting criminal investigations and taking statements, according to Mayor Jerramiah Healy.
The promotions - dubbed "appointments" by the city - will "accelerate the criminal justice process," preventing crimes from taking place, Healy said.
Ward E Councilman Steve Fulop, a 2013 mayoral hopeful and frequent administration critic, blasted the move as "political patronage." Taking police officers off the beat after residents have complained of rising crime "speaks volumes," Fulop said.
"With Healy it is say one thing and do another," he said. "Three indisputable facts are: uniform police can take complaints, detectives are known political promotions, and the budget allocates zero dollars to what Healy is saying. The facts are what they are."
Fulop on Monday criticized Healy's proposed $469 million 2012 city budget for not allocating money to hire additional police officers, a proposal touted in the mayor's State of the City last week.
Healy responded to Fulop's complaints in kind.
"Once again, Mr. Fulop is speaking on a topic for which he has no knowledge," Healy said. "As I said in my State of the City address, we are working to put more of a police presence on our streets and this is one of the mechanisms we are utilizing to do that."
http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... y_promotes_a_dozen_c.html

Posted on: 2012/2/24 16:26

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017