Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Greenville: Spat over TV turns violent
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rbnyfan wrote:
maybe the fracas happened in the hallway outside the home (as opposed to inside the apartment itself). also, keep in mind that "assault" does not have to be physical force. if the 3rd floor bf started making gestures or verbal threats towards the 4th floor residents, they could still be charged with assault.

Sounds like babies in the sandbox.

Posted on: 2011/12/6 12:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/25 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
maybe the fracas happened in the hallway outside the home (as opposed to inside the apartment itself).

also, keep in mind that "assault" does not have to be physical force. if the 3rd floor bf started making gestures or verbal threats towards the 4th floor residents, they could still be charged with assault.

Posted on: 2011/12/6 6:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I think this is merely a case of d-bag meets d-bag in the hood. A blasting TV at 1:45am? A guy with a gun and no idea how to use it? They deserve each other.

Posted on: 2011/12/6 4:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Wrong! The State of New Jersey statutes contain an exception to the Duty to Retreat if the attack takes place in the home.

Posted on: 2011/12/5 23:22

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/12 21:26
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Wait! What?! The victim (Poll, the guy who had a gun pointed at him!) manages to defend himself and take the gun away from the guy threatening his life and he is being charged with aggravated assault?? How does that make any sense??? Are we supposed to just do nothing and allow criminals to do whatever they want, whenever they want? I hope there is more to this story because, otherwise, I think this is a major FAIL for the JCPD and the JC justice system. A citizen should be allowed to defend his life when threatened. If someone pulls a gun on you, I think it is fair for you to defend yourself pretty much however necessary, with some limits (but few ones, at that.)

It's called 'Duty to Retreat'.

Welcome to NJ.

Posted on: 2011/12/5 20:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Wait! What?! The victim (Poll, the guy who had a gun pointed at him!) manages to defend himself and take the gun away from the guy threatening his life and he is being charged with aggravated assault?? How does that make any sense??? Are we supposed to just do nothing and allow criminals to do whatever they want, whenever they want? I hope there is more to this story because, otherwise, I think this is a major FAIL for the JCPD and the JC justice system. A citizen should be allowed to defend his life when threatened. If someone pulls a gun on you, I think it is fair for you to defend yourself pretty much however necessary, with some limits (but few ones, at that.)

Posted on: 2011/12/5 19:59

Greenville: Spat over TV turns violent
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Spat over TV turns violent

A dispute between tenants over the volume of a television set early yesterday erupted into violence, according to Jersey City police reports.

Around 1:45 a.m., a fourth-floor resident of a Kennedy Boulevard building at Orient Avenue went downstairs to tell a third-floor resident to turn down the volume on her TV and the two women started arguing, police reports said.

Edwin Poll, 26, the boyfriend of the third-floor resident jumped into the fray, and then the husband of the fourth-floor resident, Mario Alverio, 36, ran downstairs with a gun, police reports said.

Alverio pointed the black handgun at Poll, who punched Alverio several times in the face until Alverio dropped the weapon and Poll picked it up and called police, reports said.

Police charged Poll with aggravated assault and Alverio with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, illegal possession of a weapon, and possession of a weapon with unlawful purpose, reports said.

Posted on: 2011/12/5 15:16

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017