Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 103

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Heights: Blood splattered throughout apartment after man stabs two roommates for no apparent reason
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/8/6 17:44
Group:
Banned
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
The first thing that came to mind is he was dusted (on PCP). I'm curious if JCPD has any stats available to the public on how many arrest are related to this drug? This city has had a problem with that drug along time now.

First thing that came to mind for me was that he suffered from an acute pyschotic episode that happens a lot with schizophrenia and manic depression. Oh I forgot. The US doesn't believe in mental illness, and would rather shoot to kill mentally ill people, or lock them up in prison for profit, than really implement treatment progams.

But I'm not judging the case....

The latter would be more awful... is that how they all ended up living together - a supportive housing situation? Unless they were all friends to begin with - the only advantage to living in JC that I can see is that you can get your own place.

Any updates on how the two roommates are doing?

Posted on: 2011/11/23 16:15

Re: Heights: Blood splattered throughout apartment after man stabs two roommates for no apparent reason
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
The first thing that came to mind is he was dusted (on PCP). I'm curious if JCPD has any stats available to the public on how many arrest are related to this drug? This city has had a problem with that drug along time now.

First thing that came to mind for me was that he suffered from an acute pyschotic episode that happens a lot with schizophrenia and manic depression. Oh I forgot. The US doesn't believe in mental illness, and would rather shoot to kill mentally ill people, or lock them up in prison for profit, than really implement treatment progams.

But I'm not judging the case....

Posted on: 2011/11/20 2:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/11/18 20:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image
Joseph DeLeo appears at Central Judicial Processing Court in Jersey City on Monday, Nov. 14, 2011. His aggravated assault charge was upgraded to attempted murder for the Oct. 28 brutal attack on his roommate, Luis Rivera. His bail was set at $500,000, cash or bond.

============================

Jersey City Heights man charged with brutally stabbing two roommates now facing upgraded charges of attempted murder

Monday, November 14, 2011, 9:52 PM
By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal

Charges were upgraded to attempted murder today against a Jersey City Heights man accused of stabbing his two roommates numerous times in an attack that left every room in the home bloody, officials said.

Joseph DeLeo, 28, of Reservoir Avenue, seemed dazed when he appeared on the new charge in Central Judicial Processing court this afternoon.

"I have a million questions ... this has never happened to me before," DeLeo said in a barely audible voice as he stood with his hands cuffed to a leather strap around his waist.

He is charged with attempted murder in the Oct. 28 attack on Luis Rivera, 39.

In an interview with The Jersey Journal at the Jersey City Medical Center on Friday, Rivera said doctors have told him DeLeo stabbed him 28 times about his neck, chest, and back and the attack has left him with minimal use of one leg and no use of the other due to nerve damage.

The attack with an 8 1/2-inch serrated kitchen knife put Rivera on a ventilator for three days and resulted in a collapsed lung and loss of his spleen and a kidney.

DeLeo is also charged with aggravated assault on another roommate, a 27-year-old man, who was also stabbed multiple times, police said. Rivera said that roommate, who has been released from the hospital, suffered stab wounds to his arm, shoulder and back.

Resized Image

Luis Rivera, 39, of Jersey City, who was stabbed 28 times in a brutal attack on Oct. 28, remains hospitalized at Jersey City Medical Center on Nov. 11, 2011. His alleged attacker, Joseph DeLeo Jr., 28, will now likely face attempted murder charges. Reena Rose

Rivera said prior to the 5 a.m. attack DeLeo was acting paranoid and saying he wanted to hurt someone.

DeLeo spoke briefly with the public defender during his court appearance and before being taken away he said: "Thank you, your honor."

Later in the day, DeLeo's bail was increased from $35,000 cash or bond to $500,000 cash or bond by Hudson County Superior Court Judge Francis B. Schultz.

Attempted murder carries a possible prison sentence of up to 20 years upon conviction.

Posted on: 2011/11/15 15:00

Heights: Blood splattered throughout apartment after man stabs two roommates for no apparent reason
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

View Larger Map Jersey City police say blood splattered throughout apartment after man allegedly stabs two roommates Published: Saturday, October 29, 2011, 3:02 AM By Ron Zeitlinger/The Jersey Journal A Jersey City apartment looked like a scene out of a Halloween bloodbath movie yesterday morning when a man suddenly turned on his two roommates for no apparent reason and stabbed them multiple times, police said. Blood was found in every room and splattered on nearly every wall in the second floor apartment at 35 Reservoir Ave. when police arrived at 5 a.m. yesterday on a report of a stabbing, reports said. In the apartment, cops found one roommate, a 39-year-old man, on his bedroom floor with six stab wounds to his chest and neck, reports said. A second roommate, a 27-year-old man, was found on a bed in another room, bleeding from stab wounds to his shoulder, back, chest and arm. Joseph DeLeo Jr., 28, was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, numerous weapons counts and one drug count, reports said. Police said that DeLeo also suffered a cut on his hand in the attacks. At the home, police found an 8-inch serrated steak knife they believe was used in the assaults. According to reports, DeLeo returned home between 10 and 11 p.m. Thursday and was acting strange. One roommate said DeLeo was pacing about talking to himself and was heard to say ?I want to hurt someone? and ?I?m going to hurt someone.? Fearing DeLeo, the 39-year-old victim went to his room, but was confronted by DeLeo and stabbed numerous times, reports said. The 27-year-old victim, who had been in his room, came out to get a drink and found DeLeo attacking the other man, who was on the floor covered in blood, police said. When the 27-year-old came to his roommate?s aid, DeLeo stabbed him multiple times, reports said, adding that the victim escaped to the bathroom, locked the door and called police. All three men were treated at a local hospital for injuries not considered life-threatening, police said in the report. DeLeo was released and brought to Hudson County jail. His roommates remained hospitalized last night in stable condition.

Posted on: 2011/10/29 8:37

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017