Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Attempted Car Jacking starting from downtown to Westside Avenue.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/10 11:55
Group:
Banned
So sorry about this event but glad it turned out ok. I am glad you were quick thinking. People want to know why it happened? Because you were at the wrong place at the wrong time that's all. Bad things can happen anywhere and anytime. These carjackings and attempts have been happening here for the last 20 years..Especially off Communipaw because its a speedway between Newark and here. Thank god your ok. thanks for letting the JCLIST family know.

Posted on: 2011/11/18 17:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
4/15 15:15
Group:
Registered Users
One advantage of driving a stick.. carjackers as of recent seem to not know how to use a manual transmission..

Posted on: 2011/11/18 17:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
did you think about calling 911 while in the car or pretending to?

Posted on: 2011/11/18 17:15

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/20 15:54
Group:
Registered Users
Thank Pathh8ter! The gunman was black 230 ish maybe 5.7 top heavy mesomorph build. My car is a high end faster than normal luxury performance SUV. Pigeonholing an obvious trend in MY city only limits your chances. Yes i know it's trend. Posting my status on my Facebook broadcasted another first hand event from one of my peers. He was driving a 20k dodge charger RT. They followed him home and stole everything. His happened 2 weeks ago. Type carjacking jersey city in google there's an alarming amount of events in recent times.

Posted on: 2011/11/18 16:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
that really sucks! But knowing your car model does help us know if they are targeting nicer cars or any car. Also what race was the driver?

Posted on: 2011/11/18 13:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you for your post. Apologies you're getting the bitter troll response. Please know there are others who appreciate the information without the pettiness. I appreciate you may be so shocked & surprised by your experience you wanted to relay it in the manner you did. Sorry your family went through this.

Posted on: 2011/11/18 13:27

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Im a dad not a criminal investigator. The guys with a nice Beamer is a crew of career carjackers that successfully jacked that car 2 days prior from NWK. The cops filled me in at the precinct. Does it matter what car I drive? I thought I can share my experience in hopes it would be useful for anyone in the area to be on the lookout. The fact I said I acted without fear was the truth. I had little to no time to piss my pants and my daughter next to me is living proof. Carjackers rely on fear alone to be successful. All he had was a glock. I had 2 beautiful angels a big pair of balls and the faster reaction time.

Posted on: 2011/11/18 8:34

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/18 3:12
Group:
Registered Users
not a bad piece of writing. you might want to tone down the self congratulatory "completely in focus with little to no fear" language. it doesn't ring true no matter how many local street references you drop. you also might want to extrapolate on why someone driving a nice beamer might want to go thru so much trouble to take YOUR car. are you driving an audi?

Posted on: 2011/11/18 7:19

Attempted Car Jacking starting from downtown to Westside Avenue.

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hello Guys,

This is my first time posting on a forum of this type so first and foremost i'd like to introduce myself. I've lived in Jersey City my entire life since age 0. I grew up in midtown near west side ave around Communipaw. I've always knew how to avoid any type of violent confrontations and serious life & death situations up until lately.

On Nov 15 2011 i was driving home from work with my wife and 2 yr old daughter in the babyseat. Approximately around 11:05 PM going through Grand street in downtown around JCMC i've made a left to Johnston as i usually cut through Liberty State park to go home *near westside*. During that time right before the light rail light i noticed a conspicuous 5 series BMW pull up rather aggressively at my tail. W/ one other person behind him in another car. I felt as i should keep my eye on my rear and keep taking my usual backroad route. The car kept its distance during liberty science center. It wasn't till the car behind left to the turnpike he started gaining on me. The car was picking up speed fast as i approached Caven Pt ave. Without signalling i took a hard right to see if i was being followed *I already spotted the train tracks to ensure there wasn't any freights blocking my path*. I stopped at the blinking red on Garfield/Caven point. He took the right just as aggressively. I decided to make a left knowing Danforth had a "no turn on red sign". I tested him incase it was a cop so i made an Illegal right. Sure enough he was still on my tail. I decided to gain speed. At the time another car leaving a parked space got between us before we hit the light on Kennedy BLVD and Danforth. I decided to make a right on that light and strafe HARD left to Cator. As soon as the car in front of him moved up he pulled to the right as well and followed me down Cator. Mind you i've been driving through 4 turns w/ a suspicious driver tailing me. I told my wife WE ARE BEING FOLLOWED. Being the optimist she is she states its probably an asshole ricer or a cop. Knowing damn well that a BMW is a rare luxury for a cop to drive i kept to myself and proceeded down Cator at normal speeds & turned right to Westside Ave. I passed the benefit of doubt at that point despite my wifes doubts. I decided to tell my wife "someone is #OOPS#in following us i need to get ready" i was wearing an arm sling from an accident 3 weeks prior so i decided to take it off around Stegman for increased mobility. I simply said "IM READY, IM READY". We hit our first light on Culver so instead of veering towards the double lines like a normal driver would i decided to stop at the light more centered in the lane intentionally so the guy behind me would have a hard time getting to the right and flank me. He actually did. While he passed on the right the car veered quick left but mind you his angle of approach was not as sharp w/ his limited radius. He attempted to block me.

A MASKED GUNMAN WEARING BLACK EVERYTHING CAME OUT. BOTH HANDS ON HIS POLYMER PISTOL IN LOW POSITION WEAVER STANCE RUNNING TOWARDS MY WIFE'S SEAT. The gunman's angle was inches away from my Wife's face and maybe 3FT from my daughters car seat in the back. Before the gunman can bring the sights to his eyes i've shifted to first gear and floored it. I sped about 70 MPH down Westsides ave. I was completely in focus with little to no fear as the bimmers lights behind me dimmed to non existence. I still continued to speed liberally approximately 60 MPH down past Virginia Ave where a minivan tried to egg in the intersection. I saw him on the phone as he dropped his call knowing he called 911 in response to my outrageous speed. I still went as im already focused on going to a well populated area or route w/ many given exits. I run a blatant red and make a hard left on Communipaw/Westside towards 440. My wife completely traumatized w/ no idea where left or right is said "there's a cop,there's a cop". I had no idea where the cop was and simply pulled into Als diner to get my bearings. 2 seconds later 3 or 4 unmarked cars w/ sirens guns blazing at us surrounded our vehicle. I got out hands in the air. Please help us please help us! Someone tried to carjack us he has a gun. GET HIM PLEASE! All 4 cars backed up and left us and made there way to west side to evaluate. One other car came behind w/ sirens and took our statements. 2 min later i see the same BMW flying down Communipaw w/ the 4 unmarked cars behind followed by maybe 5 or 6 cruisers in hot pursuit. Sadly the assailants lost the police around NWK airport and is still at large.

I know this is quite cumbersome, but honestly if i were any less aware of the situation my entire family would've been killed. I give much credit to the JCPD for the fast turn around time and very kind manner to my situation. Please and im begging any of you if you do see anything suspicious in any way no matter how retarded you feel please take all necessary precautions. This event would've ended up alot worse if i hadn't trusted my intuition and my aggressive, but calculated driving. I only ask anyone in a similar incident to give yourself the best defense you have. Take mind and control of your situation and choose to not be a victim. It's always a choice and fear can only lead to poor judgement. Im not saying to fight back, but don't corner yourself. Be paranoid, be aggressive and don't fall under pressure during times like these. Im one of many in the year 2011 that got car jacked by gunpoint in Jersey City. I refuse to be a story in the newspapers and so should you.

Posted on: 2011/11/18 4:02

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017