Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Name and Shame Bad Snow Neighbors
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

asdfdf23 wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
I wish we could name and shame those that throw their shoveled snow into the middle of the street. Especially the ones that are clearing their driveways.

Hi Heights!
I do this frequently, not sure what the issue is. If it is a sunny day and the street is clear, I thought the black of the street pavement would quickly melt the snow thrown on it. I also make sure I do not pile it to high.
Should I stop this behavior? I do not want the humiliation of being shamed on this forum.
Best!

? 296-2. - Snow removal.

After a snowstorm, no person shall shovel, throw or deposit any snow or ice from any sidewalk or gutter into the street after it has been plowed and opened up by city snow removal apparatus and personnel for vehicular traffic. Any person finding it necessary to clear a sidewalk or gutter, after said street has been opened for vehicular traffic, shall bank and pile the snow from the sidewalk within three feet inside the curb.

If you have a driveway, you'd know the problem. What happens over a prolonged snowfall, is that you shovel your driveway legally to keep your driveway clear. The snow-plough's come through and continually use your cleared driveway to create a snow mound since it's a free spot on the street to create the mound. The driveway mound turns to ice. The sidewalks already have huge mounds on the sides of them.

Given the letter of the law, if you push a snow mound from the parking area back to the center of the road, no foul imo.

Posted on: 2011/10/31 2:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/4 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
The person/company that owns the embankment along Sixth Street.

I'm not sure what it was like this weekend but this past winter was horrendous. Some kind souls dug a path (a very creative one on Erie). I really wish the city would fine owners of "abandoned" property.

Posted on: 2011/10/31 1:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

asdfdf23 wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
I wish we could name and shame those that throw their shoveled snow into the middle of the street. Especially the ones that are clearing their driveways.

Hi Heights!
I do this frequently, not sure what the issue is. If it is a sunny day and the street is clear, I thought the black of the street pavement would quickly melt the snow thrown on it. I also make sure I do not pile it to high.
Should I stop this behavior? I do not want the humiliation of being shamed on this forum.
Best!

? 296-2. - Snow removal.

After a snowstorm, no person shall shovel, throw or deposit any snow or ice from any sidewalk or gutter into the street after it has been plowed and opened up by city snow removal apparatus and personnel for vehicular traffic. Any person finding it necessary to clear a sidewalk or gutter, after said street has been opened for vehicular traffic, shall bank and pile the snow from the sidewalk within three feet inside the curb.

? 90-16. Use of leash in public places.

No person who owns, keeps or harbors any dog shall suffer or permit it to be upon the public streets or in any of the public places of the city unless such dog is accompanied by a responsible person and is securely confined and controlled by one adequate leash not more than six feet long.

Funny that you continue to beat a dead horse. Meanwhile, I actually participated, once again, in helping the JCPD remove another real criminal from our streets on Friday. I followed a smash and grab car burglar from Pavonia and Coles to Varick and Mercer till cops arrived and arrested him. The cops were great and believe that the guy is responsible for several thefts along Monmouth St over the past few weeks. The whole incident delayed my weekend getaway by a couple of hours but that's fine with me. What have you really ever done to actually help your community? BTW? That was the 9th criminal I helped get off our streets. In any case, lets get back to the subject of this thread.

Posted on: 2011/10/31 0:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:

No person who owns, keeps or harbors any dog shall suffer or permit it to be upon the public streets or in any of the public places of the city unless such dog is accompanied by a responsible person and is securely confined and controlled by one adequate leash not more than six feet long.

Blah blah blah non-sequitur "I'm the d-bag who can't resist complaining about unleashed dogs" post.

Did you just do a Sonia Maldonado and get your sock puppets mixed up?

Posted on: 2011/10/30 22:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:

Blah blah blah non-sequitur "I'm the d-bag who can't resist complaining about unleashed dogs" post.

Posted on: 2011/10/30 20:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

asdfdf23 wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:

Hi Heights!
Best!

? 296-2. - Snow removal.

Posted on: 2011/10/30 20:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

asdfdf23 wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:

Hi Heights!
Should I stop this behavior? I do not want the humiliation of being shamed on this forum. Best!

You shouldn't be doing it. Reason being: cars that drive over it may slip and slide into someone, something or both especially when they suddenly need to hit the brakes. The police can issue tickets for doing this or at least scold you. If you are digging out your car from a curbside parking spot it would be hard to track that person because they may live somewhere else. Plus when you dig out your parked car you are only going to shovel just enough to get out and not heave it all over the place.

Posted on: 2011/10/30 19:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

asdfdf23 wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:

Hi Heights!
Best!

? 296-2. - Snow removal.

Posted on: 2011/10/30 19:20

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/24 13:20
Group:
Registered Users
417 Monmouth.

Posted on: 2011/10/30 18:51

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/12 11:58
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:

Hi Heights!
Best!

Posted on: 2011/10/30 18:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/10/30 18:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
gotta give props to Toricos for finally stepping up and shoveling, after years of letting that corner become a frozen slush death trap.

Posted on: 2011/10/30 17:28

Name and Shame Bad Snow Neighbors
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/7 2:57
Group:
Registered Users
It's going to be a long winter... If you don't shovel your building's sidewalk, be prepared to be named and shamed!

1. The medical center building on the corner of Highland and JFK: It's noon the day after and it is a sheet of ice from your door to the street.

Posted on: 2011/10/30 16:06

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017