Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
39 user(s) are online (33 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 39

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: We need a bridge between Exchange Place and LSP
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/20 23:45
From gone
Group:
Registered Users
It would indeed have to be pretty big so all of the marine traffic could still get into liberty landing/harbor. A bridge to Exchange Place would be cool, but I'm just hoping the city gets around to building that long-awaited Jersey Ave bridge one day.

Posted on: 2011/10/28 1:12

Re: We need a bridge between Exchange Place and LSP
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
let me get this straight...you want the city to build a large, elaborate, and most likely very expensive bridge from exchange place to LSP?

good luck with that.

Posted on: 2011/10/28 1:05

We need a bridge between Exchange Place and LSP
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/14 4:02
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
It boggles the mind that JC is not working on this. This could be a major boost to downtown if we could connect Exchange Place to the Park. The park itself would get so many more visitors. It could become a major destination and really unite the waterfront.

I look at the views there and it just amazes me that this is not in the works. I realize the marina is there, but so what? Make the bridge high enough and elaborate enough that it becomes a tourist attraction in and of itself. There are plenty of examples of this all over the world. A cool bridge with amazing views of NYC that leads to a beautiful park... and just like that JC becomes a destination. Get off the PATH, walk across the bridge and suddenly it is truly accessible to millions. Put a major entertainment venue like the NJPAC somewhere along the marina or farther in the park near Ellis Island, and we are looking at a world class waterfront destination.

I've lived in JC for 10 years and it has just puzzled me how this gap is not filled in. Look at the Newport bridge to Hoboken. How incredible has that connection been for Newport and Hamilton Park? The waterfront there is alive. So much so that Newport's River Market just might have a chance to make it. The same needs to be done at Jersey City's most picturesque and most historic point.

Posted on: 2011/10/28 0:34

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017