Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
60 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 60

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Lincoln Park: Gunman robs Chinese food deliveryman at 10p.m
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CSXrailfan wrote:
Interesting article in Capital New York about chinese delivery robberies in the South Bronx:

http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article ... chinese-restaura?page=all

Good article...

I also enjoyed reading the comments -- like:

"It's always an interesting read when a New Yorker gets out and actually sees, you know, New York----which, contrary to prevailing opinion among the well-born ivy leaguers who make up journalism in the city, is not bounded by Columbia to the north and the East and Hudson Rivers from the sides. The black guys you'll meet in places like Mott Haven aren't named "Thorpe," and you don't know them from Wesleyan. They're real people, stuck paying the price for a half-century of plutocratic depredation. Jobs get sent overseas to enhance executive compensation; rich white guys hire illegals to staff their $125-prix-fixe restaurants in TriBeCa; the banks commit the most pervasive fraud in modern American history; and they all get away with it. They sweep the poor out of town and leave them to fend for themselves in a fetid ghetto like Mott Haven, comfortably out of sight from the corner of 57th and Fifth. Then, every once in a long while, some Dartmouth kid will have the bright idea to venture into the outer boroughs on a de facto safari (Oooh, scary!) to get a glimpse of what his people have wrought for the unwashed masses who never had private SAT tutors. And of course, the liberal takeaway is all about how terrible it is. But will they do a #OOPS#ing thing to change it? Of course not, because, in the end, the bleeding-heart NYC liberals are cut from the same lace cloth as the let-them-eat-cake conservatives. Changing the system is all well and good, but let's not go too nuts. Daddy has to keep his job at Morgan Stanley, after all."

Posted on: 2011/10/26 18:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/8 14:59
Group:
Banned
Cops covering construction sites are being paid by the people doing the work, not by the city. This is a well documented little scheme they have going on.

Interesting article in Capital New York about chinese delivery robberies in the South Bronx:

http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article ... chinese-restaura?page=all

Posted on: 2011/10/26 17:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/7 21:36
Group:
Registered Users
How did you get MLK and Ocean Ave out of this story? Geez.

Posted on: 2011/10/26 15:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/7 17:35
Group:
Banned
Another wonderful member of the MLK/OCEAN AVE/COMMUNIPAW AVE COMMUNITY!!!! The cops need to stop standing in front of construction holes and START FIGHTING CRIME!!! Thats what we pay taxes for, right? Drive down MLK, the animals are out on every corner dealing drugs in the open every day!!! No cops anywhere.... The leadership in the police departments sucks!

Posted on: 2011/10/26 12:27

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/8/6 17:44
Group:
Banned
I looked at a lot of places with my broker on this block. Yikes! It seemed - during the day, at least - to be a pretty nice area. In retrospect, I guess moving to the Heights was the wiser move. While not as pretty, I feel totally comfortable on Sherman Avenue.

Posted on: 2011/10/25 14:23

Lincoln Park: Gunman robs Chinese food deliveryman at 10p.m
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

View Larger Map Police Beat: Gunman robs food deliveryman in Jersey City Published: Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 3:00 AM By The Jersey Journal A 28-year-old Chinese food delivery man was robbed at gunpoint after he called to tell the ?customers? their food had arrived Sunday night, Jersey City police said. According to police reports, the victim was making a routine food delivery to a Harrison Avenue residence near Kennedy Boulevard at 10:03 p.m. When the delivery man called the phone number provided to his restaurant, the man at the other end of the line told him, ?I?m on my way out,? reports said. Soon after, a man dressed in all black, wearing a hood and mask and holding a silver pistol, robbed the victim of $100 cash and $30 worth of Chinese food, reports said. The robber fled in the direction of Communipaw Avenue. According to reports, the robber said to the victim ?put the (expletive) money in the bag with the food,? took it and ran toward Kennedy Boulevard, and then fled in the direction of Communipaw Avenue by foot. Anyone with information about the robbery should call the Jersey City Police Department tip line at (201) 547-JAIL.

Posted on: 2011/10/25 13:06

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017