Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
89 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 89

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Indio's Place on 1st

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/6/25 15:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Moto wrote:
"Well obviously you must not realize that middle aged men who spend their afternoons drinking at bars are living some sort of alternative lifestyle. I only said imagine if, I accused no one at Indio's of being a pedophile. Are you saying a park across the street from a bar is a good idea? Really? And that's not even Indio's fault, they were there first...(technically I'm not sure when the old park that was there deteriorated) I was just saying it's creepy...which it is!"

Hamilton Park has 9th and Coles and Hamilton Inn within a block's reach...is that creepy? A good idea?

Ha! 9th & Coles...Not exactly the same type of bar...and I'm saying Indios & the park are literally right across the st. NOT around the corner. So yes still Creepy. Why don't you come down here and have a look for yourself?

Posted on: 2011/9/14 14:42

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/20 2:05
Group:
Registered Users
"Well obviously you must not realize that middle aged men who spend their afternoons drinking at bars are living some sort of alternative lifestyle. I only said imagine if, I accused no one at Indio's of being a pedophile. Are you saying a park across the street from a bar is a good idea? Really? And that's not even Indio's fault, they were there first...(technically I'm not sure when the old park that was there deteriorated) I was just saying it's creepy...which it is!"

Hamilton Park has 9th and Coles and Hamilton Inn within a block's reach...is that creepy? A good idea?

Posted on: 2011/9/14 3:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Charini wrote:
Obviously, the 3 or 4 signatures on that racist petition didn't fly. INDIO'S IS STILL SERVING BOOZE. Sorry.

Please explain how circulating a petition to close a place that is a blight on the neighborhood is racist. Your answer should be illuminating.

Posted on: 2011/9/14 0:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/8 14:59
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Enitsirk67 wrote:

Well obviously you must not realize that middle aged men who spend their afternoons drinking at bars are living some sort of alternative lifestyle. I only said imagine if, I accused no one at Indio's of being a pedophile. Are you saying a park across the street from a bar is a good idea? Really? And that's not even Indio's fault, they were there first...(technically I'm not sure when the old park that was there deteriorated) I was just saying it's creepy...which it is!

Why do you think about pedophilia so much? That's the creepy part, if you ask me.

Posted on: 2011/9/13 14:36

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CSXrailfan wrote:
Quote:

Enitsirk67 wrote:
I personally think a park across the street from Indios is wrong. Imagine if one of them was a pedifile, he could just stand out there and watch child play while drinking alcohol...bad combo.

And people wonder why grown men want absolutely nothing to do with children. A man can't even look at a child without fear mongering maniacs picturing his hands going down their pants. It's a very neurotic and insane society we're making for ourselves these days.

To compound your stupidity, you spelled pedophile wrong.

Well obviously you must not realize that middle aged men who spend their afternoons drinking at bars are living some sort of alternative lifestyle. I only said imagine if, I accused no one at Indio's of being a pedophile. Are you saying a park across the street from a bar is a good idea? Really? And that's not even Indio's fault, they were there first...(technically I'm not sure when the old park that was there deteriorated) I was just saying it's creepy...which it is!

Posted on: 2011/9/13 14:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

noonesworld37 wrote:
Apparently the ones speaking of all the mishaps on 1st Street must be new tenants, I have been living on this block for over 15 yrs amd can say yes people do get rowdy at times but they arent only the patrons of bar Indio's actually we are surrounded by 3 bars that use up the parking, that park on 1st and walk over to 2nd. As for the prostitutes you stupid, apparently you must not know downtown, you find condoms on 1st & merseles and they are labeled Indio's place..... you fail to realize that street is accessed by cars coming off newark ave or 2nd street and not everyone that does their deed are patrons from the vicinity unless you have no life and spend the time stalking everyone that walks on 1st street. The block is up and coming with new you tenants that have roof top parties and backyard gatherings I dont hear you saying anything about that, how about the hispanics that stay fixing their car outside or the hispanic kids running around I doubt they are mute. And as for the park as the Italian association why that park was never fixed its been like that since I moved her in 96. According to them they dont want the high school kids hanging there. So before you single a person place or thing know your facts. As for the one who moved to the block and didnt notice the bar at 1st please you cant miss it so stop the madness. why dont you tour jersey city and than when you see that 1st street isnt a gated community maybe you realize that things happen on the block and they arent always the patrons, did you know about the guy on colgate that abducted the girl? or are you also aware that officers live right around the corner....

I don't know what your ISP told you, but you don't actually pay more to use punctuation.

Posted on: 2011/9/13 4:20

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/13 1:51
Group:
Registered Users
Apparently the ones speaking of all the mishaps on 1st Street must be new tenants, I have been living on this block for over 15 yrs amd can say yes people do get rowdy at times but they arent only the patrons of bar Indio's actually we are surrounded by 3 bars that use up the parking, that park on 1st and walk over to 2nd. As for the prostitutes you stupid, apparently you must not know downtown, you find condoms on 1st & merseles and they are labeled Indio's place..... you fail to realize that street is accessed by cars coming off newark ave or 2nd street and not everyone that does their deed are patrons from the vicinity unless you have no life and spend the time stalking everyone that walks on 1st street. The block is up and coming with new you tenants that have roof top parties and backyard gatherings I dont hear you saying anything about that, how about the hispanics that stay fixing their car outside or the hispanic kids running around I doubt they are mute. And as for the park as the Italian association why that park was never fixed its been like that since I moved her in 96. According to them they dont want the high school kids hanging there. So before you single a person place or thing know your facts. As for the one who moved to the block and didnt notice the bar at 1st please you cant miss it so stop the madness. why dont you tour jersey city and than when you see that 1st street isnt a gated community maybe you realize that things happen on the block and they arent always the patrons, did you know about the guy on colgate that abducted the girl? or are you also aware that officers live right around the corner....

Posted on: 2011/9/13 0:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Enitsirk67 wrote:
I personally think a park across the street from Indios is wrong. Imagine if one of them was a pedifile, he could just stand out there and watch child play while drinking alcohol...bad combo.

And people wonder why grown men want absolutely nothing to do with children. A man can't even look at a child without fear mongering maniacs picturing his hands going down their pants. It's a very neurotic and insane society we're making for ourselves these days.

To compound your stupidity, you spelled pedophile wrong.

Posted on: 2011/9/13 0:01

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/12 21:25
From Parts Unknown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
racist AND sexist, in one compound sentence. efficient.

I'll bite. Definitely naive, but racist? You're really swinging for the fences on that one, unless I'm completely oblivious to the fact that magnum condoms are only made for one race of people.

Posted on: 2011/9/12 23:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I find condoms on 1st & Merseles all the time...It's so nasty...they are usually Magnums, so I can tell this is not prostitution, the ladies obviously cannot hold out until they get home

racist AND sexist, in one compound sentence. efficient.

Posted on: 2011/9/12 6:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Charini, I love that all your posts on JCList are either screeds against yuppies, defenses of lowlifes and destroyers of quality of life, or both. As a longtime resident, not once have you hit the keyboard to actually be constructive here. I'm sure we can assume that goes for your non-virtual activities. You perfectly represent the negative B&B "why try and improve anything" attitude that made Downtown a drug infested slum for decades.

Kudos!

Well said.

Posted on: 2011/9/11 22:11

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Parts Unknown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Enitsirk67 wrote:
I find condoms on 1st & Merseles all the time...It's so nasty...they are usually Magnums, so I can tell this is not prostitution, the ladies obviously cannot hold out until they get home

Finding used condoms on the ground points to it being prostitution more so than anything else. Guy gives the girl her asking price, drives her under the overpass, and has his way with her. He's not going to take the prostitute home, where he may have a wife and/or kids, and she's not going to take him to her place. When the deed is done, out the car door goes the rubber.

Posted on: 2011/9/11 21:54

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Also, I know that the city got alot of money to improve that park across from Indios. I walk by Indios all the time, and though I do get some "cat-calls" it has been nothing overly disturbing as of yet. However, Indios is not a women's bar. It is a bar that middle aged men frequent most exclusively. There are men hanging outside day and night. I personally think a park across the street from Indios is wrong. Imagine if one of them was a pedifile, he could just stand out there and watch child play while drinking alcohol...bad combo.

Posted on: 2011/9/11 21:35

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

srg1 wrote:
In 2006 and 2007 there was sex in cars on 1st and Merseles under the Turnpike. I cannot say for sure if it was prostitution. Crescent Court changed that situation. Getting rid of Indios would be another positive step.

Posted on: 2011/9/11 21:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Charini, I love that all your posts on JCList are either screeds against yuppies, defenses of lowlifes and destroyers of quality of life, or both. As a longtime resident, not once have you hit the keyboard to actually be constructive here. I'm sure we can assume that goes for your non-virtual activities. You perfectly represent the negative B&B "why try and improve anything" attitude that made Downtown a drug infested slum for decades.

Kudos!

Posted on: 2011/9/11 18:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
TL;DR Indios isn't the worst bar in JC, but it's up there.

I lived on 1st st a few doors down from Indios for years. Thank the sweet baby Jesus that I am out of there. I only moved a few blocks but the difference is night and day.

During my time on 1st st I witnessed the following related to Indios

- Had my car hit by the drunks leaving late night. My neighbor who called me to let me know what happned actually witnessed the person leaving Indios, getting in his car up by Colgate, and smashing several cars as he fled the area.

- A constant supply of broken beer bottles, empty beer cans, empty drug baggies, and used condoms littering the street.

- Numerous fights outside the bar, one where some poor girl was getting her face rearranged by another girl who went into Indios to find her.

- Very loud motorcycle exhausts, car exhausts, and LOUD music coming from peoples cars at 2am-3am.

I'm not one of the people who think it needs to be perfectly quiet, I know we live in a city, and I'm ok with a certain amount noise and litter. But the fact is Indios is a blight in the neighborhood. I also know that Indios is never going to lose it's liquor license or get closed down. If the police raids and arrests related to Indios haven't closed it down yet, I doubt much will.

If you own property on 1st st, it's fair to say that Indios is not helping your property value, and going away could only do good things for the block. The pocket park on first being refreshed would be a great thing, but the current design is not going to be implemented untill the house next to it falls down (or is taken down) and Indios is gone.

Posted on: 2011/9/11 12:14

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/11 7:36
Group:
Registered Users
@Walk_Idiot_Walk

"The neighbors love this place so much they've passed a petition for the ABC to revoke this place's liquor license."

What neighbors? Obviously, the 3 or 4 signatures on that racist petition didn't fly. INDIO'S IS STILL SERVING BOOZE. Sorry.

Posted on: 2011/9/11 7:57

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
@srg1

"Getting rid of Indios would be another positive step."

Towards what? What is your picture-perfect vision that would suit what/who you want to live around? What are the "positive" steps to creating a neighborhood YOU want to live in?

Posted on: 2011/9/11 7:44

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
@Walk_Idiot_Walk

"I live on First St. I've heard the cursing, fighting and breaking bottles each night. The place is a menace."

That awful cursing!!! What a menace to our "nabe"! What ever will we do?? Listen, if your looking to live in Amish country, you picked the wrong block. This is hilarious. Good luck to ya. Are you a renter? Don't worry, everything will be ok.

Posted on: 2011/9/11 7:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/7 0:45
Group:
Registered Users
In 2006 and 2007 there was sex in cars on 1st and Merseles under the Turnpike. I cannot say for sure if it was prostitution. Crescent Court changed that situation. Getting rid of Indios would be another positive step.

Posted on: 2011/9/11 6:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Walk_Idiot_Walk wrote:
Quote:

Charini wrote:
Great neighborhood spot for cheap drinks with friendly locals, pool table.

The neighbors love this place so much they've passed a petition for the ABC to revoke this place's liquor license.

I live on First St. I've heard the cursing, fighting and breaking bottles each night. The place is a menace.

How'd that play out? I've always heard it's nigh impossible for a place to lose its license for anything but underage service. Some years back there was a rumor Music Box was under investigation, nothing came of it. But they're all hooked up with the cops, so it was no surprise.

Posted on: 2011/9/11 5:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Clifton_Hanger wrote:
Hookers????

Maybe on Cornelison, Ocean and or 1 & 9...but not First st.

At least not since I've been here the last 15 years.

There actual was a brothel on Manila/Grove around 9th Street a few years back. Pretty sure there was a brothel or at least some hookers over the HP Ale House a couple years ago. A friend who lived in that building with his wife said there was a lot of activity there. Lots of young women who would hang out in the back courtyard chatting and smoking at all hours. My wife was walking past the place one day with the dogs when she saw a local business owner we knew entering the building with a young women who was not his wife. He was flustered and began stammering nervously. It definitely looked like a John with a hooker she said. I do remember that there used to be a lot of city employees/cops etc. who would hang out there so I wasn't surprised that they were never busted. That kind of stuff happens everywhere.

Posted on: 2011/9/11 0:36

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/14 17:51
From Chilltown
Group:
Registered Users
Hookers????

Maybe on Cornelison, Ocean and or 1 & 9...but not First st.

At least not since I've been here the last 15 years.

Posted on: 2011/9/10 23:18

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/19 17:35
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Charini wrote:

The neighbors love this place so much they've passed a petition for the ABC to revoke this place's liquor license.

I live on First St. I've heard the cursing, fighting and breaking bottles each night. The place is a menace.

Posted on: 2011/9/10 23:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/2 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Charini wrote:
@GlitterQueen

"park of broken dreams" - aren't you clever.

I'm sure if you had it your way the streets of Downtown would be lined with artisanal cupcake shops, knitting boutiques, and pretentious cafes selling $15 cups of barista-crafted lattes. Enjoy your stay here!

did you see that park before they bulldozed it? that park looked like something out of silent hill.

umm cupcakes yes.. because well i am abnormally obsessed with bake goods(but i don't want to pay more than $2.50 for the cupcake) but no i don't want some yuppie haven but hookers and broken beer bottles next to my car isn't a good thing either.

indios is not a good place. don't live on 1st st.

if we did end up with all that you say is so awful i'd be okay with it because i own here and whatever brings up my property values.. well i'm all good with that.

Posted on: 2011/9/10 19:04

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
@GlitterQueen

"park of broken dreams" - aren't you clever.

I'm sure if you had it your way the streets of Downtown would be lined with artisanal cupcake shops, knitting boutiques, and pretentious cafes selling $15 cups of barista-crafted lattes. Enjoy your stay here!

Posted on: 2011/9/10 17:04

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

I've lived Downtown my entire life and have never seen drunken Uzi fights pouring out into the streets and cars being slammed into every night by drunken drivers. 2 whole years on the block and you accuse the patrons of being drug dealers. Get a grip. And just because some women don't dress like 6-year-old boys doesn't make them "hookers".

Posted on: 2011/9/10 16:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
I live around the corner from the Keyhole, and while it's not my kind of watering hole, their patrons are generally respectful of the neighborhood. I haven't once heard the sort of 2am shouting bottle-breaking nonsense that so many other local bars encourage.

whenever somebody complains about a Jersey City bar, and somebody else replies with the original and clever "you live in a city, get used to it" I like to point to the Keyhole as an example of how a bar on the corner doesn't have to bring down the entire block.

Posted on: 2011/9/10 3:55

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Parts Unknown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kencares wrote:
Indio's is on 1st Between Brunswick and Colgate in the village.

Living on any block with a bar can take some getting used to and will at times be annoying, but Indios is usually full of very nice and decent people.

Resized Image

The bar on Bay and Erie is the Keyhole, which is also full of good and cheerful people.

Resized Image

Thanks for the clarification. I've heard people in the area refer to the Keyhole as Indio's, hence my confusion about the "park across the street."

Posted on: 2011/9/9 23:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/2 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
yeah and by good people he means drug dealers and hookers. i lived on that street for 2 years(i didn't notice the bar when i went to see the apt) in the time that i lived there i saw multiple hookers, found broken beer bottles in the street and on the sidewalk constantly and had my car hit by drunks 3 times. They also have this creepy guy who seems to be a look out. if you live there long enough you will notice him.

Indios is full of a bunch of people who drive there to drink. they are not from the immediate neighborhood(they are usually the cars without the downtown parking sticker) and don't seem to give a crap about what they are doing to it.

on the upside if you have an issue and you have to call the cops if you claim it has something to do with indios they come really fast.

Part of the the reason the "park of broken dreams" as i used to call it(it was so pathetic before they bulldozed it) hasn't actually gotten redone, as i have been told by the police and locals who have lived there for a lot of years, is Indios. They don't want the drunk old guys hanging out doing drugs and drinking in there.

I wouldn't go drinking there.. well unless you want a hooker... or some drugs.. then well it seems to be the place to be.

Posted on: 2011/9/9 22:37

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017