Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
70 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 70

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Another motorcyclist killed -- this time on Tonnelle -- "curve caught him off guard."
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Well those thumbs aren't going to twiddle themselves!

Posted on: 2011/9/15 13:56

Re: Another motorcyclist killed -- this time on Tonnelle -- "curve caught him off guard."
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Man killed in motorcycle crash on Route 440 in Jersey City

Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 9:16 PM
By Ron Zeitlinger/The Jersey Journal

A black Yamaha motorcycle lies under a truck on Route 440 in Jersey City. The rider, who was also thrown under the truck, was killed in the accident.

A man died this afternoon in a motorcycle crash on Route 440 in Jersey City.

The accident occurred at 4:30 p.m. near the Hudson Mall. The motorcycle, a black Yamaha, came to a stop under a tractor trailer. The victim, who has not been identified, was thrown under the tractor trailer, a few feet from his motorcycle.

My question about that incident why in the hell did it require 20 police cars, fire trucks, emergency services vehicles of all shapes and sizes and a helicopter. What was so special about this traffic accident that it needed all that manpower for upwards of 4 hours? The dude was clearly and obviously dead (they had sheets on the truck tires ffs it was such a mess), so what was the need for huge amounts of manpower?

Posted on: 2011/9/15 13:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Man killed in motorcycle crash on Route 440 in Jersey City

Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 9:16 PM
By Ron Zeitlinger/The Jersey Journal

A black Yamaha motorcycle lies under a truck on Route 440 in Jersey City. The rider, who was also thrown under the truck, was killed in the accident.

A man died this afternoon in a motorcycle crash on Route 440 in Jersey City.

The accident occurred at 4:30 p.m. near the Hudson Mall. The motorcycle, a black Yamaha, came to a stop under a tractor trailer. The victim, who has not been identified, was thrown under the tractor trailer, a few feet from his motorcycle.

Freelance photographer Joe Shine reports that there are numerous members of motorcycle clubs at the scene looking on as police investigate the crash. Police have placed sheets around the front of the truck to cover the body.

Jersey City police did not immediately return calls for details on crash.

Last week a Roselle man was killed in a motorcycle crash on Tonnelle Avenue near the Charlotte Circle, not far from the site of today's crash. In June, a motorcyclist died in an accident on Route 495 in Weehawken.

Posted on: 2011/9/15 8:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/25 15:19
Group:
Registered Users
"he literally flew past me"

I cant believe a word she says.

Posted on: 2011/9/8 18:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
"Maybe if I didn't move up to let him pass he wouldn't have tried to pass so fast ... he literally flew past me," she said.

This was a dumb thing to say. She is practically admitting being at least partly the cause of the accident. A shark of a lawyer would have a field day with this. She was already in the right lane and sped up to let them pass? That doesn't even make sense, although maybe the writer meant that she was in the left lane and sped up to get out of the way. Regardless, she should have kept more quiet. Something like, "I was driving along at the speed limit when all of a sudden, this guy flew by me and crashed" should have sufficed.

I know this guy was riding like a maniac and this woman was probably not at fault, but the courts are filled with seemingly clear-cut cases suddenly being not-so-clear due to lawyers finding some blame elsewhere.

Posted on: 2011/9/8 18:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/22 3:23
Group:
Registered Users
A really dumb comment that the witness Tiffay Hasbourne needs a lawyer to shut her up? Why - because she witnessed three morons going 80-100 mph at the circle. Well at least we know now what really happened. Pure stupidity on their part.

Posted on: 2011/9/8 17:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Another "I'm an excellent driver" Rainman.

Posted on: 2011/9/8 16:13

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/16 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
I used to live near 139 and I couldn't count the number of people on motorcycles who think it's fun to come out of the Holland tunnel and accelerate up to about 100 mph on westbound 139, especially at night when the traffic is thinner.

I know this particular accident didn't happen in the exact same spot, but c'mon people. Jersey City is no place to be opening up the throttle like that. Save that for when you and your brain-dead buddies are racing down the Parkway to bag some grenades down the shore.

Posted on: 2011/9/8 14:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
It could have been much worse SPEED KILLS

Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/9/7 22:30
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/11 2:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Where the heck is Charlotte Circle??

Where 1&9 and 7 meet, it used to be a (very dangerous) traffic circle.

Charlotte Circle

Posted on: 2011/9/7 18:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Tiffany Hasbourne needs a lawyer who will advise her to shut up.

Posted on: 2011/9/7 14:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Where the heck is Charlotte Circle??

Posted on: 2011/9/7 13:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
must not have taken a motorcycle safety course. Everyone knows the proper way to take a turn is Slow/ Look/ Lean/ Roll. That and not doing 80mph-100mph on Tonnelle Avenue.

Posted on: 2011/9/7 10:28

Another motorcyclist killed -- this time on Tonnelle -- "curve caught him off guard."
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Motorcyclist killed in crash on Tonnelle Avenue near Charlotte Circle in Jersey City

Published: Wednesday, September 07, 2011, 3:01 AM
By Adam Maher/The Jersey Journal

Jersey City Police Officer Joe King investigates Monday night's fatal motorcycle accident on Tonnelle Avenue.

A 41-year-old Roselle man was killed just before midnight Monday when he crashed his motorcycle into a divider on Tonnelle Avenue near Charlotte Circle in Jersey City and was thrown 103 feet, police said yesterday.

The motorcycle, a 2003 Suzuki, traveled 376 feet after Rodney Wilson struck the highway divider, police said.

Tiffany Hasbourne, of Rego Park, Queens, who was driving alongside Wilson moments before the accident, said she was driving in the right lane and increased her speed to make room for two fast-approaching, lane-shifting motorcyclists to pass her on the left.

A third motorcyclist, Wilson, trailed the first two and appeared to be trying to catch up, Hasbourne said yesterday.

"He had to be going at least 80, maybe 100 miles per hour," Hasbourne said. "It looked to me as if he was going too fast, trying to catch up with his friends, and the curve caught him off guard."

Hasbourne said she couldn't help but feel traces of guilt.
"Maybe if I didn't move up to let him pass he wouldn't have tried to pass so fast ... he literally flew past me," she said.

According to the police report, Wilson skidded out of the left lane while trying to turn right onto Route 1-9 South, and was then ejected from his seat as he collided with the concrete highway divider, eventually landing on the northbound side of Route 1-9.

Wilson was pronounced dead at the Jersey City Medical Center.

Posted on: 2011/9/7 10:00

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017