Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

BottomBottom  Previous Topic Previous Topic  Next Topic Next Topic   Register To PostTopic is Locked

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 24 »

Re: Taqueria
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Maybe you should imagine your baby all grown up and out in the real world. How would you want them treated in someone else's place of business? With courtesy and respect? Or an OMG, roll of the eyes? It's really simple.

Posted on: 2011/9/2 19:06

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/22 22:35
Group:
Banned
And lastly we've learned that while we may give off the impression of being hard working everyday people, that we are in fact "borderline psychotic, out of control fascist, a-hole douches with Napoleon complexes who are off our meds and should move away and drop dead". (wow)
We still love our jclist. Gotta go make tacos now.

Posted on: 2011/9/2 19:03

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
We've learned that VIGILANTe was raised better than most of us. And never to be rude. Unless of course you disagree with her in which case said manners go out the window. (we still have the Strand post on the wall.)
We've learned that Abe Froman remains one of our staunchest supporters and for that we love you Sausage King!...

Posted on: 2011/9/2 18:58

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
We've learned there is lard in the beans.
We've learned that HobokenRefugee apparently has a unique first name.
We've learned the Lakers suck?? Really?
We've learned IANMACS true identity!! (that took some balls and we have a newfound respect for you ian)...

Posted on: 2011/9/2 18:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheTacoTruck wrote:
Wow it is a fun read. 85,000 views? Long time since that first fateful day in front of City Hall when someone said "have you read JCLIST, they're writing about you guys" (old Taco Truck thread back when people loved us)
We've laughed. We've cried. We've learned...
We've learned that we are definitely known for our service. Just not in the good way.
We've learned that we are in no way affiliated with The Taco Truck in Hoboken.
We've learned that Guacamole is in fact ACTUALLY Mexican.
We've learned that csurugbyhooker is in fact more Mexican than us. (not...sure how...that...works...)
We've learned that we are retarded, overly sensitive, first-time parents (we don't say this facetiously, we actually are) and that a knee-jerk reaction to criticism of your child is not always a great idea...

Also that you shouldn't Drink and JCList.

Posted on: 2011/9/2 18:52

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Wow it is a fun read. 85,000 views? Long time since that first fateful day in front of City Hall when someone said "have you read JCLIST, they're writing about you guys" (old Taco Truck thread back when people loved us)
We've laughed. We've cried. We've learned...
We've learned that we are definitely known for our service. Just not in the good way.
We've learned that we are in no way affiliated with The Taco Truck in Hoboken.
We've learned that Guacamole is in fact ACTUALLY Mexican.
We've learned that csurugbyhooker is in fact more Mexican than us. (not...sure how...that...works...)
We've learned that we are retarded, overly sensitive, first-time parents (we don't say this facetiously, we actually are) and that a knee-jerk reaction to criticism of your child is not always a great idea...

Posted on: 2011/9/2 18:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

you are the special one :)

I know. Have a nice Holiday weekend.

Posted on: 2011/9/2 18:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/9 5:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
The accounts of several people here prove that point over and over.

i see these as the exception and not the rule. and your assessment that they are "douches", is your perception (and the perception of the clear minority) not fact.

i don't think I'm "special", in fact it appears to be much more "common" to have a normal experience there. you are the outspoken minority. you are the special one in this case.

have a nice day! :)

Posted on: 2011/9/2 17:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
wait what now the Strand is bad too? I..what? What's wrong with the people working there?

Posted on: 2011/9/2 16:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

cheese7 wrote:
Ive perused this thread for a while. Can someone confirm whether or not The Taco Truck that is at Grove Point a few nights a week is affiliated with Tacqueria? I think they are two separate entities...

They have different owners.

As seen here.

Posted on: 2011/9/2 15:50

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/30 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
Ive perused this thread for a while. Can someone confirm whether or not The Taco Truck that is at Grove Point a few nights a week is affiliated with Tacqueria? I think they are two separate entities...

Posted on: 2011/9/2 15:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Abe_Froman wrote:
Quote:
Good boy.

says "Vigilante", the same guy who posted:

Quote:
I am polite o a fault. When I stay in a hotel I clean up before the maid gets there

love it. pure comedy.

listen, i'm just laughing at this stuff because if you are decisive, not needy and just order quickly OFF THE MENU you will not have a problem. I have seen the people working there get turned off by customers, but in every case I can remember it was because the customers are dragging their feet, hemming and hawing, asking for things that are not on the menu (ex: chicken tacos), talking to their friends instead of paying attention to where they are in line, etc.

it's a busy joint, it's a taco stand, it's very casual and needs to move at a rapid pace at the counter when busy. when it doesn't, they get annoyed. when it doesn't, and I have to wait behind clowns I get annoyed too.

It was never busy. They were just douches. The accounts of several people here prove that point over and over. Sure there is a crowd of people, I guess you're included, that feel special because they didn't upset the oh-so sensitive Moby character or the owner. I have seen their behavior and it was never provoked. It was simply a case of people doing a job that they thought was far below them. Surly, sour-pusses should just quit rather than dish out their miserable attitude. Isn't there an opening at Kim's Video or Strand Bookstore? Two other places where the "workers" always wear their misery on their sleeve.

Posted on: 2011/9/2 15:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/7 17:35
Group:
Banned
The employees/owners suck and the food is OK.

Posted on: 2011/9/2 15:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Good boy.

says "Vigilante", the same guy who posted:

Quote:
I am polite o a fault. When I stay in a hotel I clean up before the maid gets there

love it. pure comedy.

listen, i'm just laughing at this stuff because if you are decisive, not needy and just order quickly OFF THE MENU you will not have a problem. I have seen the people working there get turned off by customers, but in every case I can remember it was because the customers are dragging their feet, hemming and hawing, asking for things that are not on the menu (ex: chicken tacos), talking to their friends instead of paying attention to where they are in line, etc.

it's a busy joint, it's a taco stand, it's very casual and needs to move at a rapid pace at the counter when busy. when it doesn't, they get annoyed. when it doesn't, and I have to wait behind clowns I get annoyed too.

Posted on: 2011/9/2 14:57

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/16 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
haha, "the girl with the boobs"

It's hard to pick which is more remarkable - her rack, or how much joylessness she carries around for someone who is so young.

Posted on: 2011/9/2 14:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/5 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

phDog wrote:
this thread is now complete. "the girl with the boobs" has been mentioned. awesome. i was wondering when she would come up.

Ok, I'll be that guy and bite.

I'm a fan of boobs just as much as the next guy. But, whenever I see that girl, I can't help but feel bad for her. She always seems pissed off, and I don't blame her. I'd be a mess if I had to carry those things around with me everyday.

No wait, come to think of it...it probably wouldn't be that bad at all.

Posted on: 2011/9/2 5:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
this thread just makes me miss that little taco cart that popped up outside of Grove Street PATH, then disappeared as soon as we got hooked.

Posted on: 2011/9/2 5:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CSURugbyHooker wrote:
If you want really tasty tacos that are cheap and blow chi-chi's Taqueria away, head over to 10th between 47th and 48th in the city to Tehuitzingo Mexican Deli. It's a grocery in the front and a lunch counter in the back. All the truly authentic tacos in there (tongue and cow head anyone?) are around $2. Also, the staff treat you like they're happy you're patronizing their establishment. What a concept!

that place is incredible. whenever we see a show at Terminal 5, "that Mexican deli on 10th" (can never pronounce the name) is our dinner spot.

Posted on: 2011/9/2 5:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/3 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
there is a little mexican taqueria on sip ave at romaine ave near journal square that just opened up about 2 months ago. $5.00 lunch special - 2 tacos and one of their homemade beverages. they give you plenty of limes and radishes to go with it and have a few different home made salsas there, including a green one.

also in bayonne there's a mexican deli/restaurant that serves great pork tacos. i believe it's around 38th st and on broadway.

i'm sure some of the ones in the heights are good too (cinco de mayo on thorne??) you just need to look around.

Posted on: 2011/9/1 23:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/12 21:25
From Parts Unknown
Group:
Registered Users
Having eaten at virtually all the cheap-o awesome taco places in Chicago and having eaten a ton of tacos in Los Angeles and San Diego, I consider myself a quasi-expert on quality tacos outside of Mexico. Both times I ate at Taqueria, I was very unimpressed with their offerings and due to lack of viable Mexican offerings in the immediate area, Taqueria gets put on pedestal it has no business being on. While I've never properly lost my temper with any of the employees (came close though), the service sucks and asking a simple question of anyone there is akin to pulling out your willie and urinating on the floor: you get the "you can't be serious" look and attitude. Asking the young lady if I needed to repeat the question slower because she might be on something didn't go over so well, but I already had my food, so oh well.

If you want really tasty tacos that are cheap and blow chi-chi's Taqueria away, head over to 10th between 47th and 48th in the city to Tehuitzingo Mexican Deli. It's a grocery in the front and a lunch counter in the back. All the truly authentic tacos in there (tongue and cow head anyone?) are around $2. Also, the staff treat you like they're happy you're patronizing their establishment. What a concept!

Posted on: 2011/9/1 23:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/11 13:18
Group:
Registered Users
All this taco talk is making me super hungry. I don't care if they kick me in the nuts when I walk in, I'm getting myself some Taqueria tonight....

Posted on: 2011/9/1 18:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Abe_Froman wrote:
i love this thread. so revealing, so entertaining.

and it really enhances the experience of going to taqueria, ordering food, eating it then leaving without any issue... every, single, time. makes me laugh at the fact that some people out there can't make it happen for themselves.

Good boy.

Resized Image

Reall Good boy.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/9/1 18:25

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/18 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
The food is incredible. Fresh ingredients, well seasoned and prepared. The food is completely unique from anything else in the area. This is one of the best restaurants in the city and you can get three tacos for about ten bucks. I have been going for years. I have always been mystified by the complaints about service on this thread. I have never had any service problems.

Posted on: 2011/9/1 15:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/12 19:35
From PH
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bill wrote:
Taqueria has the best chilaquiles! If it was closer I'd go there all the time. Let's complain now about Bistro La Source and Hard Grove!

i love their chilaquiles! thanks for reminding me how much i love them! brunch this weekend for sure.

and yeah, why doesn't hard grove keep popping up? they have the worst service in all of DTJC.

Posted on: 2011/9/1 15:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
i love this thread. so revealing, so entertaining.

and it really enhances the experience of going to taqueria, ordering food, eating it then leaving without any issue... every, single, time. makes me laugh at the fact that some people out there can't make it happen for themselves.

Posted on: 2011/9/1 14:26

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/25 15:19
Group:
Registered Users
I"M A BANANA

Posted on: 2011/9/1 13:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/30 14:07
Group:
Registered Users
this thread is now complete. "the girl with the boobs" has been mentioned. awesome. i was wondering when she would come up.

Posted on: 2011/9/1 13:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ida wrote:
I've been meaning to check out Taqueria for well over a year now but based on this thread, my motivation has been diminished. I have no opinion of the restaurant, having never been there but it has been recommended to me based on the food and the food alone. If that's all you want from a restaurant--good food--that's fine. If you want friendly service with your food, that's fine too.

My feeling is that, ultimately, being friendly isn't that hard and being unfriendly can cost you customers. The proprietors have a choice and, if what is written here is true, they've made one.
look, just go there. The food is fantastic, and I have honestly never seen any bad service there. Just try it out and don't listen to the trolls.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/9/1 3:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/9/1 3:23