Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
142 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 142

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Kennedy Dancer artistic director handcuffed by Port Authority before concert at Exchange Place
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I heard that the 4 people waiting to see the show were very upset.

Posted on: 2011/8/14 22:55

Re: Kennedy Dancer artistic director handcuffed by Port Authority before concert at Exchange Place
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/9 14:18
Group:
Registered Users
Should have locked up the arrogant @*%$@. You want to call names ok here is your new name CONVICT. As for Mr. Perkins it's not called over zealousness, they call it doing their job. A secure area is a secure area SIMPLE as that.

I am sick and tired of people on here complaining on how the cops don't do their jobs, we'll everytime they do everyone has something negative to say about it. Here is a reality check people the laws apply to ALL of us, not just the ones that are different from you.

Posted on: 2011/8/14 17:52

Kennedy Dancer artistic director handcuffed by Port Authority before concert at Exchange Place
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City dance troupe's director is handcuffed by Port Authority cops in dispute before concert at Exchange Place

Friday, August 12, 2011, 3:00 AM
By Kate Kowsh/The Jersey Journal

Kennedy Dancers artistic director Diane Dragone apologizes to audience members who came to watch the last performance of Jersey City Summer Dance Fest last night after it was delayed when Port Authority police handcuffed her.

A Jersey City dance routine was temporarily tripped up last night when the troupe?s director was handcuffed by Port Authority cops.

?We don?t usually come armed with guns to fight, we?re dancers,? said Diane Dragone, artistic director for the Jersey City-based Kennedy Dancers, last night before the dancers gave a free performance at Exchange Place, part of the city-sponsored summer series.

According to Dragone, she and her husband Tom Horan parked in a restricted area near the Katyn Memorial about 6 p.m. and began unloading a 300-pound rubber dance pad and costumes.

Dragone said she and her husband were caught off guard when Port Authority cops asked her for a permit, which she didn?t have.

Frustrated with the officers? request, Dragone said she called one of the cops a name.

At that point the officer handcuffed her and told a superior she was acting disorderly.

In the meantime, her husband called Cliff Perkins, assistant director of the Jersey City Department of Cultural Affairs, to the scene to intervene.

?I think it was all just a misunderstanding as to where we could park,? Perkins said. ?I understand their (officers) over-zealousness, we?re in a secured area.?

Dragone said she was handcuffed for roughly 30 minutes. But ultimately, the cops did release her and the show did go on.

?They kind of smacked us on the hand and said, ?Go do your business,? ? Perkins said.

Port Authority officials couldn?t be reached last night to comment.

Posted on: 2011/8/14 6:55

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017