Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
74 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 74

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Any feedback on PS 22?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/11 20:22
Group:
Registered Users
My child was on the bus all last school year, while attending PK3. Yes, at first I was wondering too how is it to have a bus full of three and four year olds. I did the practice bus run alone (if I remember correctly), and I went with my child the first day of school as well. They have two adults on the bus in addition to the driver. They check that the kids have their seat belts on, and also teach them to put the seat belts on themselves. It seems that the bus ride is great fun. In the morning, majority of the parents stay to wave to the kids and they really enjoy it. We will continue to send my child on the bus for PK4 as well.

Posted on: 2011/8/14 21:43

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/14 14:24
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you both very much for you help & to Daniel for setting me up.

Would be nice to hear from any other parents out there, especially any that put their 3yo on the bus each day.

Thanks

Posted on: 2011/8/14 14:26

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/8/10 21:47
From Erie Street
Group:
Registered Users
Our twin sons attended PS 22 for the 3 year old program, and despite our reservations about its distance from our home downtown and some of the public statistics about the school's success, we had a very good experience there. The Pre-K 3 teachers were very good, very accessible and wonderful with the kids. The staff was gentle and loving to the little ones - everyone from the security people at the front door to the Morning Stars/Casper staff - and our boys never had hesitations about going to school. We went over and met with the principal in August, and he was terrific too. My husband and I are both teachers and really felt our kids got a lot from the program. They returned to our neighborhood school for pre-K 4 (Cordero) and a lot of their pals from 22 came with them, so despite the fact that it was a new building for them, they were happy to know so many familiar faces. I understand your hesitation about the bus for a 3 year old -- we had the same and ended up driving them in the morning. The Early Childhood Office does do a "dry run" of the bus at some point in late August, and you are able to go along too if you'd like. You may want to contact the office directly about this. I hope this helps. I remember feeling nervous myself a few years ago...
Quote:

JC_Res wrote:
Hi

We were hoping my 3yo would go to PS3, but has been selected for PS22. Its further away and will need to get the bus each day.

It doesn't have a good academic record but I dont think that is too important at this age.

Does anyone have any experience of this school? Would be nice to hear from a parent.

Thank you

Posted on: 2011/8/12 3:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
there are capacity issues for notably 3 year old pre-k, which can be frustrating individually, but I think its good overall that our early childhood program is attractive. we have known many parents that could not get over the hump of putting a three year old on a bus and drove their child to #22.

if you you send me a pm, or email - daniel.levin.jc@gmail.com will put you in touch with parent(s).

Posted on: 2011/8/12 2:21

Any feedback on PS 22?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/14 14:24
Group:
Registered Users
Hi

We were hoping my 3yo would go to PS3, but has been selected for PS22. Its further away and will need to get the bus each day.

It doesn't have a good academic record but I dont think that is too important at this age.

Does anyone have any experience of this school? Would be nice to hear from a parent.

Thank you

Posted on: 2011/8/12 1:47

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017