Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bergen Lafayette: 51-year-old man tries to fight off four boys who then pull a gun on him
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/12 21:26
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TaZMaNiO wrote:
Quote:

gibbons70 wrote:

This is NJ, so that means we have a duty to retreat in public. *IN* our homes, not so much.

So you get hassled on the street, you get to go running home to Momma. Just remember to hide your tears........

Think I'm joking, look into NJ's Use of Force Laws.

Yeah, it works pretty much in the criminals favor, until they get caught and prosecuted, but sometimes that can take awhile...

Is it me, or do things seem to be getting a little more feral in JC?

Don't forget, they can still come after you with a civil lawsuit......

Posted on: 2011/8/4 2:18

Re: Bergen Lafayette: 51-year-old man tries to fight off four boys who then pull a gun on him
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/6 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
Taz,
It's you.

Posted on: 2011/8/4 2:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/10 16:39
From Donny City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

gibbons70 wrote:

This is NJ, so that means we have a duty to retreat in public. *IN* our homes, not so much.

So you get hassled on the street, you get to go running home to Momma. Just remember to hide your tears........

Yeah, it works pretty much in the criminals favor, until they get caught and prosecuted, but sometimes that can take awhile...

Is it me, or do things seem to be getting a little more feral in JC?

Posted on: 2011/8/3 22:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
Ya, unfortunately that is what I thought. I just didn't know if the fact that they are under the age of 18 and I am over, that if push came to shove, the law is still on their side. Not like I'm looking to go around beating up kids, I just wish their parents would do it for me.

Posted on: 2011/8/3 15:33

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/12 21:26
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

If anyone out there has legal knowledge, what rights to we have as adults to physically defend ourselves against a individual/group of youths if we feel that our safety is in imminent danger?

Posted on: 2011/8/3 14:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
What the eff is going on with all these groups of "kids" going around violently beating/assaulting/robbing people? Do they feel immune to the law because they are under 18? I'm sure a lot has to do with the fact that they know that have a good chance of getting away with it.

Just a few weeks ago, a group of three boys were at the PATH entrance on Marin harassing people for money and throwing rocks at them. I confronted them after they threw a rock at my girlfriend and I with little success.

If anyone out there has legal knowledge, what rights to we have as adults to physically defend ourselves against a individual/group of youths if we feel that our safety is in imminent danger?

Posted on: 2011/8/3 14:08

Bergen Lafayette: 51-year-old man tries to fight off four boys who then pull a gun on him
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

View Larger Map Jersey City man says robber points gun in his face Published: Wednesday, August 03, 2011, 3:00 AM By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal A 51-year-old Jersey City man was willing to fight off four boys trying to rob him yesterday, but when the boys saw they had a fight on their hands, one boy pulled a gun, officials said. The Union Street man was at Sackett Street and Clinton Avenue at 3:15 a.m. when the boys surrounded him and one said ?Give me everything you got,? reports said. Thinking they were ?just kids,? the man was walking away when one of the boys punched him in the face, reports said. That?s when the victim ?squared up to fight with the group? but one of the boys took out a black handgun, cocked it and pointed it at his face, reports said. The victim handed over $25 and ran away, reports said. Responding officers put the victim in a police car and drove around the area looking for the robbers but came up empty-handed, reports said, adding that the officers then drove him home. Anyone with information on the attack is asked to call the Jersey City police tip line at (201) 547-JAIL.

Posted on: 2011/8/3 11:55

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017