Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Liberty Humane Animal Control dumps ducks in park
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/7 16:42
Group:
Registered Users
The cat was left suffering in the street for 12 hours after being hit by a car. The Liberty Animal Control officer NEVER showed up. It was a good samaritan that finally took the cat to a vet where it was humanely euthanized.

The animal control officer's name is Calvin. Why is he still employed by Liberty Humane? Why is he not terminated for breach of duty?

Can anyone from LHS answer this question?

Posted on: 2011/8/7 20:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

stupidseven wrote:
You people really do amaze me.

Now we are worried about the ducks in Jersey City?

Don't despair, someday, somewhere, someone will worry about you. Maybe.......

Posted on: 2011/7/29 15:31

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/9/9 14:13
Group:
Registered Users
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Ghandi.

Posted on: 2011/7/29 15:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
The Division of Animal Control provides a variety of services related to the well-being of animals and residents who come in contact with them:

Picking up stray or abandoned animals
Issuing dog licenses and enforcement
Responding to animal nuisance/cruelty complaints
Picking up and disposing of dead animals

Division of Animal Control
1 Journal Square Plaza
2nd Floor
Jersey City, NJ 07306
Tel: (201) 547-4888
Fax:(201) 656-9310

The law requires that Animal Control Services are provided 24/7. During off hours we are to provide the following services.

The only calls that we respond to on Holidays, Weekends, Furloughs and Overnight (11pm to 8am) are animal emergencies:

< Calls and complaints from the public concerning lost, stray, injured, animals in distress, suspect rabid wild, domestic animals and vicious dogs.

< Capture: of any stray domestic animals, as well as wild animal rabies vectors (i.e., raccoons, skunks, groundhog, foxes, and bats) threatening the safety and health of residents.

Note: Response to and capture of nuisance wildlife that are not threatening humans (i.e., healthy appearing raccoons in garbage cans, squirrels in attics, etc.) are NOT considered necessary services for municipal animal control to provide."

In basic terms:

< Any animal (domestic or wildlife) that is injured or sick or in distress.

< Any stray dog, cat, farm type animal and any animal that is not our normal wildlife.

< Any animal (domestic or wildlife) that poses a threat to the public

< Any wildlife or stray animal (not mice or rats) that entered in a someones living quarters.

< Any dead dog, cat or wildlife (no mice or rats)

Jersey City has included the following as part of our "Best Practices" policy

< If a call comes from a constituent and it's regarding their pet that is in distress we will let the Animal Control Officer determine if he/she will respond.

Please visit our website for other useful information.

http://cityofjerseycity.com/hhs.aspx?id=1434

Posted on: 2011/7/29 12:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The law requires that Animal Control Services are provided 24/7.

During off hours they are to provide the following no exceptions.

They respond to on Holidays, Weekends, Furloughs and Overnight (11pm to 8am) are:

< Calls and complaints from the public concerning lost, stray, injured, animals in distress, suspect rabid wild, domestic animals and vicious dogs.

< Capture: of any stray domestic animals, as well as wild animal rabies vectors (i.e., raccoons, skunks, groundhog, foxes, and bats) threatening the safety and health of residents.

Note: Response to and capture of nuisance wildlife that are not threatening humans (i.e., healthy appearing raccoons in garbage cans, squirrels in attics, etc.) are NOT considered necessary services for municipal animal control to provide."

In basic terms:

< Any animal (domestic or wildlife) that is injured or sick or in distress.

< Any stray dog

< Any animal (domestic or wildlife) that poses a threat to the public

< Any wildlife (not mice or rats) that is in a living quarters.

< Any dead dog, cat or wildlife (no mice or rats)

Not required but Animal Control responds

< If a call comes from a constituent and it's regarding their pet in distress we will let the Animal Control Officer determine if he/she will respond.

Quote:

stupidseven wrote:
I am more worried that the city is wasting tax money on saving ducks!

Unless of course the city plans on crating them, force feeding them, and then selling their liver to off set the city budget.

That is the only reason the city should be involved with ducks!!

Posted on: 2011/7/29 11:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
"he cared so much for them that he got out of his truck (he was a trucker) in order to lead them to safety and ended up being killed."

I understand your intent Tippy but, unfortunately, this is not the ending to a story that is going to make people want to care for animals - it's actually the opposite.

Posted on: 2011/7/28 18:36

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/28 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Tippy wrote:
People who are so self-absorbed with themselves - who cannot believe that an animal life is important - I feel sorry for you. Steve, you sound way too self-interested and smug to care about God's creatures big and small. You do not stop to smell the roses - you are probably always in a rush - thus missing so much in life. As I write this I am reminded of a story I'd read - about a guy who saw a Mother duck and her babies crossing a highway - he cared so much for them that he got out of his truck (he was a trucker) in order to lead them to safety and ended up being killed. Most people are just living to make the "almighty" dollar - and doing anything to get it - but really the best things in life are free. Why don't you have an open and loving heart and stop putting others down for caring.

Tippy, sorry to butt in but just a few questions,

If one is self-absorbed isn't it safe to assume this means one is absorbed with one's self?

Were you only reminded of the story you'd read as you'd wrote this?

How did this man getting out of his truck (who was a trucker) come to care for the Mother duck and her "babies" so much that he "ended up being killed"?

How was he killed? Who killed him and what was the motive?

Can you tell me where they are giving away the best things in life for free?

and finally, who is Steve?

Posted on: 2011/7/28 16:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/24 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
+ agree. Well written.

Quote:

Tippy wrote:
People who are so self-absorbed with themselves - who cannot believe that an animal life is important - I feel sorry for you. Steve, you sound way too self-interested and smug to care about God's creatures big and small. You do not stop to smell the roses - you are probably always in a rush - thus missing so much in life. As I write this I am reminded of a story I'd read - about a guy who saw a Mother duck and her babies crossing a highway - he cared so much for them that he got out of his truck (he was a trucker) in order to lead them to safety and ended up being killed. Most people are just living to make the "almighty" dollar - and doing anything to get it - but really the best things in life are free. Why don't you have an open and loving heart and stop putting others down for caring.

Posted on: 2011/7/28 15:34

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/28 2:19
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/7/28 2:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/25 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stupidseven wrote:

Unless of course the city plans on crating them, force feeding them, and then selling their liver to off set the city budget.

Resized Image

just kidding, I know it's the latter.

Posted on: 2011/7/27 23:07

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCNewJersey wrote:
"The samaritan was in contact with the City animal control office the next day. The City has all the trip sheets, time accounts and voice recordings.

There is no doubt at all it was 12 hours before the Liberty officer responded.
"

-Shouldn't take more than 3 to 6 hours for a cat to bleed out...where is the outrage?!

Posted on: 2011/7/27 22:20

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 17:00
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/7/27 21:23

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The samaritan was in contact with the City animal control office the next day. The City has all the trip sheets, time accounts and voice recordings.

There is no doubt at all it was 12 hours before the Liberty officer responded.

Posted on: 2011/7/27 19:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/30 14:07
Group:
Registered Users
so... was somebody waiting there for AC for 12 hours and timing how long it took?

Posted on: 2011/7/27 18:45

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
"These were domestic young ducklings that would not have survived outdoors not to mention being abused by anyone who tried."

----Who is to say the ducks couldn't survive? Ducks are tough, they eat grass, insects, worms and small amphibians. Plenty of food for them in a park.

or are there actually duckling abusers lurking in parks near Bayonne that you are aware of?
---------------------------------------------
"Another report of LIberty Animal Control not responding to a cat hit by a car near the Powerhouse. The cat was suffering terribly so another good samaritan stepped up and took the cat to a vet. Liberty Animal control responded 12 hours after the initial call."

----It isn't Animal Control's job to provide ambulance service for injured cats. Sounds like Good Samaritan did this job anyway. It is however Animal Control's job to remove road kill, which is probably why they showed up 12 hours later to see if the cat made it.
------------------------------------------

"This is not acceptable for our animals."

----These aren't my animals or your animals.

Posted on: 2011/7/27 16:10

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/27 14:50
Group:
Registered Users
Remember this YOUR tax payer money that is going to pay the salary of this ACO. You should be concerned about everything he does.

I heard through the grapevine that it is the same ACO who did these two stupid things and he was fired once before, souds suspicious. Does anyone know what for? I thought LHS was cleaning house?

Posted on: 2011/7/27 14:59

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/30 15:01
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stupidseven wrote:

Confit.

Posted on: 2011/7/27 14:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/25 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stupidseven wrote:

The alternative is to turn a blind eye to animal neglect / abuse on the part of the people who are assigned to protect them.

Posted on: 2011/7/27 14:49

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 17:00
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/7/27 14:41

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
In both cases, injured cat and ducks, it was a LHS animal control officer involved and not a City animal control officer. Samaritans can verify that.

To address a comment about agenda. The only agenda is the humane and legal management of animals. Right now it is clear that Liberty has done neither.

Posted on: 2011/7/27 14:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
nope, 1-post Tippy sure doesn't have an agenda.

Posted on: 2011/7/27 14:08

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/30 13:25
Group:
Registered Users
Just to be clear: LHS and JC Animal Control are NOT one in the same. r_pinkowitz was good enough to provide the following informaiton in another thread. Considering that this act took place "this week," that implies that you should be frustrated with Animal Control and not Liberty Humane.

Mon-Fri: 8:00am to 4pm (non holiday or furlough)
CALL: 201-547-4888 and they will dispatch a Jersey City Animal Control Officer for any animal related complaint.

Mon- Fri: 4pm to 11pm (non holiday or furlough)
(Jersey City Animal Control 2nd shift)
CALL: 201-547-5477 and they will dispatch a Jersey City Animal Control Officer for any animal related complaint.

After-hours calls 11pm to 8am Monday -Friday (non holiday or furlough) CALL: 201-547-5477 and they will dispatch a Jersey City Animal Control Officer for animal related emergencies only.

WEEKENDS, CITY HOLIDAYS AND FURLOUGH DAYS ARE COVERED BY: Liberty Humane Society (LHS) is an outside agency contracted to provide animal control-services for The of City of Jersey City on all weekends, holidays and furloughs only. They are not permitted to take any calls outside of their contractual agreement.

Any calls outside of these hours (WEEKENDS, CITY HOLIDAYS AND FURLOUGH DAYS) are covered by the City of Jersey City Animal Control Officers only.

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Wanted to add one more thing regarding the injured cat who had to wait so long to be picked up by the animal control officer - and that is: Was the person that let go the ducks the same person that took forever to get the injured cat? This person should not be dealing with animals. And yes, it is ironic that the people who were up in arms about the cat who was let go in the park are now the ones in charge now.

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Sounds like another easy-way-out on the part of LHS that was not humane! If they are not so educated about ducks shouldn't they have done a little research to find out that the chicks would not survive in that environment? Could they have taken some time to contact a farm santuary??? They should know of some already....it was about two years ago when they found TWO SHEEP wandering the streets of Jersey City and they found a place for them. Do they care less about ducks??? Sweet and innocent - probably given to somebody when they were chicks and when they got a little too big for INSIDE THE HOUSE - they were put out! SHAME on the people who abandoned the ducklings and shame on the animal control person/LHS.

Posted on: 2011/7/27 14:01

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/19 14:35
From Lincoln Park
Group:
Registered Users
Oh, no. Here we go again with the dumped animals thread. They were dumping cats in Lincoln Park a while back.

The corruption of JC alternately amuses and annoys me. Or is it incompetence?

I pity the ducks, let that be understood, just as I pity the cats.

And the government is the biggest employer in this state.

Posted on: 2011/7/27 13:59

Liberty Humane Animal Control dumps ducks in park
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
A Liberty Humane animal control officer dumped two young domestic ducklings in a park near Bayonne this week. A good samaritan witnessed what happened and contacted Jersey City animal control about it. We learned that the animal control officer was told to go back to the park and retrieve the ducks which he did.

These were domestic young ducklings that would not have survived outdoors not to mention being abused by anyone who tried.

Another report of LIberty Animal Control not responding to a cat hit by a car near the Powerhouse. The cat was suffering terribly so another good samaritan stepped up and took the cat to a vet. Liberty Animal control responded 12 hours after the initial call.

This is not acceptable for our animals. Two years ago those that were screaming about Daisy the cat being dumped in Lincoln Park are now runing Liberty Humane. How much other suffering is occuring both in the shelter and on our streets that we don't know about? We would like an investsigation into both these incidences.

Please contact your council person and let them know we want better.

Posted on: 2011/7/27 11:55

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017