Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Stop sign at Wayne and Jersey Avenue?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/18 14:09
Group:
Registered Users
No, and I'd be great if more people would switch to a carless lifestyle. Granted, I was exaggerating a bit, but I think the city *should* make it more of a pain to drive through downtown in order to deter people from using downtown as a shortcut to the tunnel, and to try to change the bad driving habits around here.

Quote:

Bogart wrote:
Quote:

ripple wrote:
If I were king of Jersey City, there'd be at least a stop sign at every single intersection.

Does Your Majesty drive?

Posted on: 2011/7/25 17:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/3 3:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ripple wrote:
If I were king of Jersey City, there'd be at least a stop sign at every single intersection.

Does Your Majesty drive?

Posted on: 2011/7/24 18:12
I live by the river.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 15:54
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
That's a really bad intersection. Actually, there a few really bad intersections on Jersey Avenue but that is one of the worst.

The problem with Jersey and Wayne is that cars speed to catch the light at Columbus and they block the box when the light is red.

Someone posted a few weeks ago about it being against the law to drive through the intersection when a pedestrian is in the crosswalk. The city would make a fortune handing out tickets at that intersection.

This city is strapped for cash and they are bleeding property owners dry with increasing taxes. It makes me mad as hell and frustrated beyond belief that this city doesn't post a cop on these corners to hand out tickets. My parents live in Westchester Co. and in their town there is a cop on the same corner every day writing tickets one after another. The guy just stands there and actually looks in your windsheild to check your registration. The point I'm trying to make is that the locals know to make a complete stop, it's the idiots from out of town that get tickets for speeding through town.

Simple fix, I don't get why the mayor's office doesn't get it.

Posted on: 2011/7/24 15:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/18 2:23
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

pferm201 wrote:
so now someone is complaining becuase they decide not to look both ways and not to cross when there are no cars around???????? smh

No pferm. It seems that this city has an unusually high amount of people that live and visit here that just don't know how to drive. Case in point: as we we're driving home last night, some person decided to speed through the stop sign at 7th and Jersey. Had my wife not been as attentive as she was and slammed on the breaks as quickly and hard as she did, we would have been t-boned and my 3-yr old or I or both of us probably would have been seriously injured as the point of impact would have been on the passenger side. The at fault party came to a stop about half way into the intersection, glared at us, and sped off.

It is more than just people parking close to the curb and blocking line of sight. It is more than people just not paying attention. It is more than people speeding. I guess this city and state just has a higher number of people that think they have the right of way regardless, are selfish, and just don't care about anyone else.

I grew up in Brooklyn, and drove all around the NYC, but it seems we didn't have nearly as high an accident rate at intersections as we do in JC. We have just as narrow streets in NYC, we have just as many people parking right up to the corner, but I guess NY'ers just know better and proceed with caution. As bad a reputation as NYers have for driving, NJ drivers in my experience are far worse.

I know there are good people and good drivers in this state, and I don't mean to condemn this entire state and city, but that has just been my experience here.

Posted on: 2011/7/24 13:35
- Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/8 14:56
Group:
Banned
so now someone is complaining becuase they decide not to look both ways and not to cross when there are no cars around???????? smh

Posted on: 2011/7/24 11:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
So what is there now regulating the flow of traffic ?

Posted on: 2011/7/24 10:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
stop signs need to be approved by the state and it's a major PITA to try and get one... unfortunately. Though I think there should be a few more stop signs along Wayne St.

Posted on: 2011/7/24 4:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/18 14:09
Group:
Registered Users
I'd advise writing to Steven Fulop. Community pressure seems to have helped to get the traffic light at Barrow & Grand turned on a few years ago.

Posted on: 2011/7/23 23:02

Stop sign at Wayne and Jersey Avenue?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/29 22:56
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know if there have been any community attempts to get a stop sign at that intersection? Any ideas of how to do this? The City of JC's website is a mess.

Thanks!

Posted on: 2011/7/23 20:35

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017