Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
94 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 94

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: With the budget wrapped up, Christie said he is leaving this weekend for a two-week family vacation.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/7 17:35
Group:
Banned
HAHAHA!!! YIU ARE THE SAME RETARDS THAT VOTED FOR CORZINE!!!! THE WORST GOVERNOR THIS STATE HAS EVER SEEN! Christie is the only person who can fix this state and whip the Unions back into their corner!

Posted on: 2011/7/6 13:09

Re: With the budget wrapped up, Christie said he is leaving this weekend for a two-week family vacation.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Cool. So, let's review.

1 poster about Browining.
1 poster comparing Obama with Hitler.

And a cross-posted, cross-referenced libel about someone screaming racial slurs toward Clyburn and Lewis, - unfortunately, without one single confirmation. Hundreds of videocameras recording, - and somehow not one of them caught the words. Damn.

And the last link? What, you threw in something random?

Posted on: 2011/7/6 4:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Quote:

greenville wrote:
Quote:

borisp wrote:

Do you have anything to support THAT accusation?

I know a couple of them personally (tea baggers), and I debate with them when I get the chance. Most of them share a love guns and a bitter hatred of Obama, which is more than just ideological.

Look, this is not going to work.

You claimed that on the Tea Party, "across America", are a "bunch of lunatics who will physically assault anyone who do not agree with their positions"

After we are done, we can change the subject and discuss that "bitter hatred of Obama" you mentioned.

But before we do, - please, give me examples to support your first statement.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2010/03/20/87743/code-red-gun/

http://gawker.com/5501717/tea-party-v ... tes-out-for-liberal-blood

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles ... th-arizona-minuteman.html

Posted on: 2011/7/5 16:45
ಠ_ಠ

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/12 11:58
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Adonis wrote:
Quote:

rbnyfan wrote:
What always tickles me is that the common man is enraged at Wall Street and the bankers 6 figure salary. Where's the outrage at MLB players who make 10 times that? or the NFL player? The NBA is in a lockout because they can't agree over how many millions of dollars to pay their players. But yeah, let's tax the greedy bankers.

And don't forget the number one heroes of all these lefties: the greedy, multi-millionaire, loud-mouth musicians and Hollywood actors. When was the last time they railed against the likes of Springsteen (no property taxes), Spielberg and Penn (movie industry subsidies) like they do against bankers? Bunch of hypocrites.

Adonis, I tried to find where Springsteen said there should be no property taxes. I could not find it. Could you send me the source for this?

Also what are the movie industry subsidies you speak of? While they may be out there I am not familiar with them.

Best!

Posted on: 2011/7/5 16:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rbnyfan wrote:
What always tickles me is that the common man is enraged at Wall Street and the bankers 6 figure salary. Where's the outrage at MLB players who make 10 times that? or the NFL player? The NBA is in a lockout because they can't agree over how many millions of dollars to pay their players. But yeah, let's tax the greedy bankers.

And don't forget the number one heroes of all these lefties: the greedy, multi-millionaire, loud-mouth musicians and Hollywood actors. When was the last time they railed against the likes of Springsteen (no property taxes), Spielberg and Penn (movie industry subsidies) like they do against bankers? Bunch of hypocrites.

Posted on: 2011/7/5 15:14

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Quote:

asdfdf23 wrote:
Quote:

greenville wrote:
...... but I will tell you that if nothing is done to fix the train wreck that people call government in NJ it will be worse than anything you can imagine.

I agree.

And the word you are looking for is... ELECTIONS.

You have nobody to blame other than yourselves.

You want change, - stop voting for the same people you vote!
How's that for a solution?

borisp, How do you know who I vote for? To my knowledge neither of us have stated individuals/parties we have voted for on this site. So I ask that you rephrase your statement; only then can you tie my voting to a "solution".

Also you often say in posts in reference to voting/elections things similar to "You have nobody to blame other than yourselves."
How about this? Can you personally make the statement, "WE have nobody to blame other than OURSELVES"? I only changed two words.

As a side note, whenever people mention the word "elections" it always brings to mind something George W. Bush said. "Elections have Consequences" LOL.

Posted on: 2011/7/5 13:58

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
borisp wrote:
This sounds like 5th grade. "I can totally defeat you, but I promised my mom I would play nice".
End Quote

My Response:
borisp, Is there something wrong with playing nice (at any age/grade level)?

borisp wrote:
Don't try to change the claim.

My opponent did not claim that "some individuals" in the Tea Party are crazy and hateful. He said: "bunch of lunatics who will physically assault anyone who do not agree with their positions. The far left in NJ has become just as crazy as tea party that we see across America."

Basically, he made a claim against the Tea Party as a whole.

So, I want my examples, - how the Tea Party is a bunch of lunatics, - across America.
End Quote

My Response: I did not change the claim. I responded to YOUR exact question. it was worded:

Quote:
borisp wrote:

What I am going to ask now, is - in this spirit of logical rationality, - would you care to provide some convincing factual examples to support your accusations about the Tea Party?

That is, - I understand you are against their politics, which is fine. But you also accused them of being "just as crazy" as people who threaten physical violence.

Do you have anything to support THAT accusation?"
End Quote

My Response: You asked the above, I answered. You do not have to agree with my answer/opinion.

You said:
Quote:

If there is none, - by all means, let's not discuss this issue anymore.
End Quote.

My Response:
If you want to quit discussing that is OK by me. I reserve the right and privilege to post on topics.

Best

Posted on: 2011/7/5 12:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

asdfdf23 wrote:
Quote:

greenville wrote:
...... but I will tell you that if nothing is done to fix the train wreck that people call government in NJ it will be worse than anything you can imagine.

I agree.

And the word you are looking for is... ELECTIONS.

You have nobody to blame other than yourselves.

You want change, - stop voting for the same people you vote!
How's that for a solution?

Posted on: 2011/7/5 12:09

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
borisp,
Go back and look at greenville's original statement. He made it clear that he was of the opinion both sides are a bunch of lunatics and was not only picking on the tea party.
He said:

Quote:
No they didn't lie. What they forgot to mention was that BOTH sides (extreme right & left) are a bunch of lunatics who will physically assault anyone who do not agree with their positions. The far left in NJ has become just as crazy as tea party that we see across America. They poke fun at Christie because he's overweight, just like the tea party pokes fun at Obama for been half African. They do this without offering a real solution to the positions that they don't like. I support Christie for the most part, I do disagree with his medicare proposal but I do agree something has to be done because it's if nothing is done like the last administrations we will be in a world of hurt in a couple of years.
End Quote

Posted on: 2011/7/5 12:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

asdfdf23 wrote:
Quote:

borisp wrote:

What I am going to ask now, is - in this spirit of logical rationality, - would you care to provide some convincing factual examples to support your accusations about the Tea Party?

That is, - I understand you are against their politics, which is fine. But you also accused them of being "just as crazy" as people who threaten physical violence.

Suggest those that are interested use the following as a search "tea party hate".
I personally won't want put the offending images up, but I am not going to deny or ignore they exist.

This sounds like 5th grade. "I can totally defeat you, but I promised my mom I would play nice".

Quote:
borisp, Without getting into any policies and politics, don't you feel those who deny that the tea party has some individuals who are crazy and hateful are lacking "logical rationality"?

Don't try to change the claim.

My opponent did not claim that "some individuals" in the Tea Party are crazy and hateful. He said: "bunch of lunatics who will physically assault anyone who do not agree with their positions. The far left in NJ has become just as crazy as tea party that we see across America."

Basically, he made a claim against the Tea Party as a whole.

So, I want my examples, - how the Tea Party is a bunch of lunatics, - across America.

Quote:
I want to go back to the topic at hand (Re: With the budget wrapped up, Christie said he is leaving this weekend for a two-week family vacation.)

Fine by me. I did not want to distract from that subject, - I merely asked for a confirmation for a certain claim that was made by another commenter.

If there is none, - by all means, let's not discuss this issue anymore.

Posted on: 2011/7/5 12:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

greenville wrote:
Quote:

borisp wrote:

I know a couple of them personally (tea baggers), and I debate with them when I get the chance. Most of them share a love guns and a bitter hatred of Obama, which is more than just ideological.

Look, this is not going to work.

You claimed that on the Tea Party, "across America", are a "bunch of lunatics who will physically assault anyone who do not agree with their positions"

After we are done, we can change the subject and discuss that "bitter hatred of Obama" you mentioned.

But before we do, - please, give me examples to support your first statement.

Posted on: 2011/7/5 11:52

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

greenville wrote:

I agree.

Posted on: 2011/7/5 11:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
Yeah, come on guys. Making fun of people who are too stupid to know that you are making fun of them, whether its Chris Christie or BorisP or teacher, just isn't as enjoyable as making fun of people with the capacity to understand that they are being ridiculed.

I'm imagining you take a paycheck from the BOE or have several close friends who do? Just because someone has a difference in opinion with you does not make them stupid, especially in this situation. I'm not a republican but I will tell you that if nothing is done to fix the train wreck that people call government in NJ it will be worse than anything you can imagine.

Posted on: 2011/7/5 11:07
ಠ_ಠ

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

borisp wrote:

Suggest those that are interested use the following as a search "tea party hate".
I personally won't want put the offending images up, but I am not going to deny or ignore they exist.

borisp, Without getting into any policies and politics, don't you feel those who deny that the tea party has some individuals who are crazy and hateful are lacking "logical rationality"?

I want to go back to the topic at hand (Re: With the budget wrapped up, Christie said he is leaving this weekend for a two-week family vacation.)
You know, a few short weeks ago I was thinking maybe CC is doing the state good. Maybe I could/would even vote for him (I am not one of those party voters that you often rail against borisp). Then this gov does something so stupid like taxpayer funded personal helicopter use and I remember what CC's travel budget was like when he was a government employee (US attorney for NJ). From this I realize the man does not have the brains to learn from mistakes. Why would I support such ongoing behavior? Next I read that he is taking 2 weeks vacation, after taking
a vacation a recently as December (during the first big snowstorm). From this I have decided (independent of politics) that CC is not intelligent enough to earn my support.

Posted on: 2011/7/5 11:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

borisp wrote:

I know a couple of them personally (tea baggers), and I debate with them when I get the chance. Most of them share a love guns and a bitter hatred of Obama, which is more than just ideological. Unlike a majority of you on this board I get to interact with people of basically every state in the union and it has gotten me to the conclusion that the radicals on each side tend to be lunatics with nothing better to do than try to enforce their extreme beliefs on others.

Posted on: 2011/7/5 10:30
ಠ_ಠ

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, come on guys. Making fun of people who are too stupid to know that you are making fun of them, whether its Chris Christie or BorisP or teacher, just isn't as enjoyable as making fun of people with the capacity to understand that they are being ridiculed.

Posted on: 2011/7/5 3:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
greenville wrote:
Quote:

They poke fun at Christie because he's overweight, just like the tea party pokes fun at Obama for been half African.

Why does the US think either is acceptable? HItting up a guy like Christie on his size? Hitting Obama for being half-African?

Making people the butt of your jokes for what they SAY and DO is fine. Victimizing people for what they ARE is borderline racist. FFS haven't we learned anyting in the US in the past few centuries???

Posted on: 2011/7/5 0:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

greenville wrote:

No they didn't lie. What they forgot to mention was that BOTH sides (extreme right & left) are a bunch of lunatics who will physically assault anyone who do not agree with their positions. The far left in NJ has become just as crazy as tea party that we see across America.

I take it, you are a rational logical human being, - just as I am, - and you do not like it when people spew hatred and hurl baseless accusations and threats instead of a logical and rational argument.

Good.

Posted on: 2011/7/5 0:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Quote:

lefty55 wrote:
Back to Christie's vacation, I hope he and his family aren't going to the beach because someone might stick a harpoon in him.

I am puzzled.

They told me that it were Republicans who draw targets on the map with their political opponents and that those targets symbolize rifle cross-hairs and that this is trade mark right-wing violent rhetoric, - while the lefties yearn, YEARN for the new, civilized tone of discussion.

So... they lied, huh?

No they didn't lie. What they forgot to mention was that BOTH sides (extreme right & left) are a bunch of lunatics who will physically assault anyone who do not agree with their positions. The far left in NJ has become just as crazy as tea party that we see across America. They poke fun at Christie because he's overweight, just like the tea party pokes fun at Obama for been half African. They do this without offering a real solution to the positions that they don't like. I support Christie for the most part, I do disagree with his medicare proposal but I do agree something has to be done because it's if nothing is done like the last administrations we will be in a world of hurt in a couple of years.

Posted on: 2011/7/4 23:56
ಠ_ಠ

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Quote:

Charon wrote:
Sweeney unleashes his fury as N.J. budget battle turns personal

By Tom Moran/ The Star-Ledger

TRENTON ? Senate President Stephen Sweeney went to bed furious Thursday night after reviewing the governor?s line-item veto of the state budget.

He woke up Friday morning even angrier.

"This is all about him being a bully and a punk," he said in an interview Friday.

"I wanted to punch him in his head."

http://blog.nj.com/njv_tom_moran/2011 ... cry_foul_at_gov_chri.html

Better late than never Sweeney. Too bad you caved on the pension/med. insurance issue already.

Really? "Better late than never"? You confirm that THIS is what you expect from your elected representative?

THIS?

No alternative proposal of the non-deficit budget. Cursing and violent threats - in response to the democratic procedure that didn't go your way.

Well, ok. I mean, if you decided that this is what represents your political position the best - who am I to argue? Duly noted.

P.S. As I noted before, - all those talks about "violent rhetoric" from the right, and all talks about yearning of the left for the "civilized dialogue", - that was just a bunch of bull. As we see, the reality is quite different.

The horror! The horror!

Posted on: 2011/7/4 15:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Charon wrote:

TRENTON ? Senate President Stephen Sweeney went to bed furious Thursday night after reviewing the governor?s line-item veto of the state budget.

"This is all about him being a bully and a punk," he said in an interview Friday.

Better late than never Sweeney. Too bad you caved on the pension/med. insurance issue already.

Really? "Better late than never"? You confirm that THIS is what you expect from your elected representative?

THIS?

No alternative proposal of the non-deficit budget. Cursing and violent threats - in response to the democratic procedure that didn't go your way.

Well, ok. I mean, if you decided that this is what represents your political position the best - who am I to argue? Duly noted.

P.S. As I noted before, - all those talks about "violent rhetoric" from the right, and all talks about yearning of the left for the "civilized dialogue", - that was just a bunch of bull. As we see, the reality is quite different.

Posted on: 2011/7/4 14:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

lefty55 wrote:
Back to Christie's vacation, I hope he and his family aren't going to the beach because someone might stick a harpoon in him.

I am puzzled.

They told me that it were Republicans who draw targets on the map with their political opponents and that those targets symbolize rifle cross-hairs and that this is trade mark right-wing violent rhetoric, - while the lefties yearn, YEARN for the new, civilized tone of discussion.

So... they lied, huh?

Posted on: 2011/7/4 14:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Greenpeace would push him out to sea.

Posted on: 2011/7/4 1:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/8 20:19
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/7/3 23:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/22 3:11
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/7/3 23:09

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 19:33
Group:
Registered Users
Interesting Comment:

http://blog.nj.com/njv_tom_moran/2011 ... chri/2162/comments-7.html

galway752 July 03, 2011 at 11:19AM:

Here are the nuimbers. Last year's budget was $29.4B. Christie's new budget is $29.7B, an increase of $300M. IOW, CC hasn't "cut" anything, overall; he is spending about 1% more than last year, which is roughly consistent with inflation.

In the details, Christie's budget cuts spending a lot in some areas, but increases it in others. Notably, he will make a $500M contribution to the pension funds, which the state did not do last year. This is actually in the deal he had with Sweeney, and it's good for the unions (though legally the state should have been doing it all along).

The Democratic budget was a proposal to increase spending by an additional $900M. The Dems claim the money was there to pay for it, and CC's budget actually does leave a surplus of over $600M, but historically, revenue estimates have always fallen short, so CC is justified holding that back.

In any case, if we do have an extra $600M, it's hard to justify using it for new spending when we are so deep in debt. Sweeney's case against CC as the bad guy just doesn't hold up

Posted on: 2011/7/3 19:11

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Quote:

asdfdf23 wrote:

Look into how the stadiums, arenas and ballparks are built with taxpayer funds. The individuals, who get this done, are known as bankers, work for investment funds

Nope, wrong. No banker can possibly forcibly extract one dollar from a taxpayer.

The people who do that are called "elected officials". And they work for a so-called "government"

Do you know WHY bankers and investment fund managers and others are coming to those politicians and exchanging favors with them?

No? Let me tell you. It is YOU.

Not you personally, of course, - but everyone who wants the Government to get involved in the economy. You want it, and you vote for it, - and the government is always very willing to expand its powers.

And then you have a situation where consumer no longer decides which company thrives, which survives, and which goes belly-up. No more it is you and your dollars. Nope.

Now, the Government makes the decision, - more than you.

Why are you surprised that business caters to the government more than it caters to you?

If for a business an investment of $1 in lobbying gives more profit than an investment in R&D, or making the products cheaper, or better, or improving service and so on, - a business will invest in lobbying. Plain and simple.

Remember, when the GM was about to fail? Why was that? I can tell you - it was because YOU were not buying their cars. So, the Government intervened and said, - "if you refuse to buy their cars voluntarily, we will force you to give them money without getting car in exchange - for nothing!"

And they took your money and gave to GM. And you thought "oh, that is a good decision! I will vote for them again!"

Good luck with that.

borisp,
I think if you read my response carefully you will find that I have way more in agreement with you than want to believe.
Having said that where did GM and it's bailout ever come up? I never gave you ANY inclination of my leanings in ANY way on this matter.
The title of this thread is "Re: With the budget wrapped up, Christie said he is leaving this weekend for a two-week family vacation."
I never brought up GM, Christie does not have anything to do with GM, And I do not believe it is related to the state budget.
And I know sports players salaries are not part of the topic either. In retrospect I should not have responded to your post about this, it just takes both of us more off topic.
Peace and have a good 4th of July Holiday.

Posted on: 2011/7/3 17:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Quote:

asdfdf23 wrote:

Look into how the stadiums, arenas and ballparks are built with taxpayer funds. The individuals, who get this done, are known as bankers, work for investment funds

Nope, wrong. No banker can possibly forcibly extract one dollar from a taxpayer.

The people who do that are called "elected officials". And they work for a so-called "government"

Do you know WHY bankers and investment fund managers and others are coming to those politicians and exchanging favors with them?

Not you personally, of course, - but everyone who wants the Government to get involved in the economy. You want it, and you vote for it, - and the government is always very willing to expand its powers.

And then you have a situation where consumer no longer decides which company thrives, which survives, and which goes belly-up. No more it is you and your dollars. Nope.

Why are you surprised that business caters to the government more than it caters to you?

If for a business an investment of $1 in lobbying gives more profit than an investment in R&D, or making the products cheaper, or better, or improving service and so on, - a business will invest in lobbying. Plain and simple.

Remember, when the GM was about to fail? Why was that? I can tell you - it was because YOU were not buying their cars. So, the Government intervened and said, - "if you refuse to buy their cars voluntarily, we will force you to give them money without getting car in exchange - for nothing!"

And they took your money and gave to GM. And you thought "oh, that is a good decision! I will vote for them again!"

Good luck with that.

+1

Posted on: 2011/7/3 16:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

asdfdf23 wrote:

Good luck with that.

Posted on: 2011/7/3 15:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rbnyfan wrote:
What always tickles me is that the common man is enraged at Wall Street and the bankers 6 figure salary. Where\'s the outrage at MLB players who make 10 times that? or the NFL player? The NBA is in a lockout because they can\'t agree over how many millions of dollars to pay their players. But yeah, let\'s tax the greedy bankers.

rbnyfan,
Look into how the stadiums, arenas and ballparks are built with taxpayer funds. The individuals, who get this done, are known as bankers, work for investment funds while getting huge fees for both themselves and their firms underwriting taxpayer guaranteed bonds.
Next understand that the box seats, suites and even general seating in these stadiums are purchased with pretax dollars by corporations to give to themselves. Unlike your "common man" (your term, not mine) these corporate citizens have the ability to pay for their entertainment with out paying taxes and in taxpayer funded seating that often paid their 6 plus figure salary no less.
I believe you would call me a common man and I think I am. But this common man really feels overwhelmed by the ability of the "Wall Street and the bankers" (again your term) to make and change the rules to whichever way they see fit.
I Submit with Respect.

Posted on: 2011/7/3 14:41

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017