Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
132 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 132

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Hudson County Register's son arrested for marijuana possession, Jersey City police say
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
It's not about marijuana smoking specifically, it's about personal freedoms. Who is anyone to say how you treat your own body? If you want to live a healthy lifestyle without drugs and alcohol that's fine, but if you want to pollute it with drugs and alcohol then you should have that right to do so as well. So to answer your question, it's about the principle of personal freedoms, in this case to treat your body in accordance to your own wishes.

I would be cool with this form of "no nanny state" Libertarianism if those who subscribe either have really great health insurance or carry a card saying "I refuse all forms of healthcare beyond my own resources under all circumstances". How many of the helmetless bikers zooming our roads do you think have insufficient insurance for the major head trauma they're taunting?

It's a funny coincidence, those most likely to abuse their bodies whether it's drugs, no helmets or extreme sports are also those most likely to not have insurance to cover the health crisis they're playing dice with. There's good analogy somewhere to the fact that the states that claim the most "rugged independence" and frown on big gov't, are the biggest net recipients of Federal cash. If you talk the talk you gotta walk the walk...

Posted on: 2011/7/3 18:50

Re: Hudson County Register's son arrested for marijuana possession, Jersey City police say
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Seagull wrote:

So to answer your question, it's about the principle of personal freedoms, in this case to treat your body in accordance to your own wishes.

My question was not limited to my body, but accepted.

Posted on: 2011/7/3 16:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

borisp wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
I'm not going to debate with you, but since you believe crimes are only acts that violate other people's rights, then I'm very happy you agree with me.

Why not debate?

My question was simple - is it only about minor drugs for you, or is it about everything? Would you argue against any law that regulates what people do even when there is no victim, - like "not wearing a seat-belt", - or just this one?

Basically, is it a matter of principle, or do you just favor specifically marijuana smoking?

It's not about marijuana smoking specifically, it's about personal freedoms. Who is anyone to say how you treat your own body? If you want to live a healthy lifestyle without drugs and alcohol that's fine, but if you want to pollute it with drugs and alcohol then you should have that right to do so as well. So to answer your question, it's about the principle of personal freedoms, in this case to treat your body in accordance to your own wishes.

Posted on: 2011/7/3 16:30

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/16 1:09
Group:
Registered Users
Don't be surprised, if County Executive, Tom DeGise, issues a statement on Tuesday that Phillip T. Flood was selling marijuana during his lunch break!

Posted on: 2011/7/3 15:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
I'm not going to debate with you, but since you believe crimes are only acts that violate other people's rights, then I'm very happy you agree with me.

Why not debate?

My question was simple - is it only about minor drugs for you, or is it about everything? Would you argue against any law that regulates what people do even when there is no victim, - like "not wearing a seat-belt", - or just this one?

Basically, is it a matter of principle, or do you just favor specifically marijuana smoking?

Posted on: 2011/7/3 15:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
You don't have any idea what you're talking about do you? No....it doesn't start with marijuana. It starts with ALCOHOL. So now are you going to tell me that you don't drink and alcohol is not a drug? The sad truth is the war on drugs cannot be won. The best way to combat drug use in teens is to be an active parent and be supportive in your children's lives. Drugs will never be eliminated. EVER. It's just a fact. I'm a realist, and I'm sorry you have a hard time accepting reality. I'm not your friend by the way thank god, and for you to lump me into the drug dealer category is about as low as you can go on these threads. You're a third rate, and third class individual jcresident. I'm sorry you don't get it.

Posted on: 2011/7/3 15:29

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/5 5:47
Group:
Registered Users
Sea... Its very simple..... Marijuana is the begining of the drug use in teens.... Do you think they just, at 14 ,15 ,16, , just hit the needle??? NO it starts with marijuana....

The marijuana is also a base for smoking PCP... The small bag of marijuana also other items, is mixed with PCP . have you ever seen a teen who was smoking marijuana with PCP? Go to the Jersey City Medical Center on a friday night and see for yourself.

Lock them all up especially if they are selling it to kids.

This is the future of our society!! You want to allow them to break the law and just "Fine them" You my friend are the problem with society , right up there with the drug dealers!!

Posted on: 2011/7/3 15:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/7/3 14:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

jcresident0001 wrote:
Then Move!!! All of you who think or believe its OK ... LEAVE ... look at NYC I do not want to see JC SINK to that level!!!!! Its the begining you idiots!!!!!

It's the beginning of what? Sensibility? The only idiots here are the ones like you that believe it's better to lock people up for minor drug offenses like marijuana possession instead of decriminalizing it and fining people.

I can't help but notice that you emphasize "minor" drug offenses.

Why is that? How do you draw the line - when to lock someone up, and when not? For me the line is "does it violate other people's rights", - and if not, it should not be a crime. Whatever it is.

Where is your line?

I am asking since you mentioned your sensibility and called other people idiots, - so I assume that you must have some logical argument behind your opinion.

Posted on: 2011/7/3 14:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcresident0001 wrote:
Then Move!!! All of you who think or believe its OK ... LEAVE ... look at NYC I do not want to see JC SINK to that level!!!!! Its the begining you idiots!!!!!

It's the beginning of what? Sensibility? The only idiots here are the ones like you that believe it's better to lock people up for minor drug offenses like marijuana possession instead of decriminalizing it and fining people. Maybe if the cops didn't spend their manpower and our tax dollars to arrest people for minor possession, they could focus on the much bigger issues at hand like the ever-growing heroin problem we have in this state. You said you "do not want to see JC SINK to that level", but I hate to break it to you since you must be living under a rock.......JERSEY CITY HAS A HEROIN PROBLEM.....a big one. WAKE UP or move 'cause we're already below that level.

Posted on: 2011/7/3 13:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
What future did he have with a role model like Willie. I'm surprised he is only involved in drug crimes !

Posted on: 2011/7/3 12:52
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/7/3 12:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
So he was arrested with a little over an ounce? Why is this news worthy? Someone should tell him to move to NY, where you can possess up to an ounce of weed and receive a civil citation ($100 fine).

"Decriminalization treats the possession of small amounts of marijuana (such as 1 ounce) as a civil, rather than a criminal, offense. Offenders are given a citation and fined, and their marijuana is confiscated. Possession of larger amounts is still a criminal offense because it implies an intent to sell. "

Posted on: 2011/7/3 7:14

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/7/3 6:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
So he was arrested with a little over an ounce? Why is this news worthy? Someone should tell him to move to NY, where you can possess up to an ounce of weed and receive a civil citation ($100 fine).

Posted on: 2011/7/3 5:58

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Its NOT legal..... whats wrong with you people!! Booze is legal in certain circumstances ... Drink and drive and i have seen Lynchmobs against, CERTAIN people, on this site.... Spark up and drive and you will be ok with it?? This is CRAZY!!!! Really!!!!!!\\

Posted on: 2011/7/3 5:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Marijuana? Who cares? I thought the US was legalizing this.

Quote:

The guard told police that Phillip Flood refused to move the car and said, ?You don?t know me and my boys. I carry guns. I run this side of the street. You and the ?po po? can?t touch me,? reports said. He said Flood made a gesture suggesting he was armed...

Posted on: 2011/7/3 3:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Marijuana? Who cares? I thought the US was legalizing this.

Posted on: 2011/7/3 2:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/7/2 23:35

Hudson County Register's son arrested for marijuana possession, Jersey City police say
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Hudson County Register's son arrested for marijuana possession, Jersey City police say

Published: Saturday, July 02, 2011, 3:05 AM
By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal

The son of Hudson County Register Willie Flood has been arrested yet again and police say this time he had more than an ounce of suspected marijuana on him, court papers say.

Phillip T. Flood II, 33, of Wayne Street in Jersey City, allegedly had 1.2 ounces of marijuana when he was arrested Thursday in Jersey City, officials said.

He was charged with drug possession, possession with intent to distribute and possession with intent to distribute both near a park and near a school, according to the complaint, which also says he had drug packaging paraphernalia.

Phillip Flood appeared on the charges in Central Judicial Processing court in Jersey City yesterday via video link from Hudson County jail in Kearny.

Willie Flood resigned her seat on the Jersey City City Council in February to focus on her ?personal health, family, and other responsibilities,? and she is apparently hospitalized.

In November, Phillip Flood was charged with aggravated assault and making terroristic threats after a school security guard told him he could not park at School 29?s Clerk Street annex, officials said.

The guard told police that Phillip Flood refused to move the car and said, ?You don?t know me and my boys. I carry guns. I run this side of the street. You and the ?po po? can?t touch me,? reports said. He said Flood made a gesture suggesting he was armed, reports said.

In 2007, Flood II was charged with selling marijuana out of his mother?s Mercedes at Wayne and Barrow streets, and he was charged with offenses including dealing drugs within 1,000 feet of a school and within 500 feet of a park, reports said. The matter was later downgraded to municipal court.

In 2006, the state charged Phillip Flood with unlawfully collecting $13,000 in unemployment insurance and he paid back the money and entered a pretrial intervention program, officials said.

In early 2008, Willie Flood was inducted into Channel 5?s ?Hall of Shame? after reporter Arnold Diaz aired an expose on her hiring her son as her council aide and as a data processor in the Register?s Office.

Phillip Flood gave up the $15,000 city job but kept the $40,000 county job, officials said, adding that he continues to hold the county post.

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... nty_registers_son_ar.html

Posted on: 2011/7/2 18:04

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017