Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Paco & Taco... what's the story with these people?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 23:09
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/3/14 17:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
I saw them yelling near 24/7 deli the other day. He was sitting on a bench and she was screaming at him then pushed her cart off the sidewalk into traffic and walked away.
Classic.

Posted on: 2012/3/14 16:21

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/2 13:12
Group:
Registered Users
Did anyone witness Taco's shenanigans on Newark last night. It involved blood, cops, and nudity. Like clockwork, once the weather gets nice, the sightings increase.

Posted on: 2012/3/14 15:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 15:54
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
I just walked home from the PATH and they were walking down the middle of Columbus Ave. Not crossing Columbus but down the middle of the road pushing their BJ's cart yelling at cars. Cars were stopping in the middle of the road honking their horns at them.

Unreal, I got to start videotaping them.

Posted on: 2011/6/23 23:58

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/16 13:05
Group:
Registered Users
I hear that for the going rate of about three-fiddy, you can sample a taste of that taco, if you know what I'm sayin'

Posted on: 2011/6/21 22:56

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/12 1:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Just noticed them today for the first time. Made eye contact and she said "hey baby - how are you". Guess if they are not hurting anyone they should be left alone. Then again, if they were getting drunk in my neck of the woods, I'd be concerned. Then again, Newak avenue is still a mess anyway.

Posted on: 2011/6/19 2:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Mentally unstable people are treated at area hospitals. The Medical Center is downtown . However, I have no knowledge who is seeking treatment. As far as social services, speak the to the County. Traditionally, the county has offered treatment for unstable people. The facility is in Secaucus.

Posted on: 2011/6/18 23:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/10 4:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Quote:

Mr_Johnson wrote:
That whole area/parking lot by Palace Drugs is a mess. What was once 2or 3, maybe 4 people is now growing into a whole large group. An ambulance shows up there at least daily. Police walk/drive right by. Meanwhile "no loitering" signs are everywhere. I wouldn't be very happy if I were the owner of Box.

What brings these kind of people to this area? Is it St. Lucy's Shelter over at 619 Grove Street by the Holland Tunnel?

Until a few years ago -- many were living on the corner at Grove and Newark in front of that old employment center -- but now they seem to have been pushed west on Newark into the Palace Drugs area.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Newark
St. Lucy's Shelter
(201) 656-7201

24-hour, 7-day-a-week, year-round shelter facility for single women and men ...Clients are offered a 45-day stay.

I see them on most mornings driving to work. Several homeless people including Paco and his girlfriend sleep on the loading dock on First Street between Provost and Warren and across the from the J. Leo Cooke Warehouse condos.

Paco was kicked out of his home years ago. He used to be sober and employed not long ago when he lived with his mom. He is cordial and friendly when sober and thankful if you give him a cup of coffee or a few cigs. I have never seen him panhandling, and he never asked me for anything. He just says, "hello."

I hope that I am wrong, but these two seem beyond any meaningful help.

Posted on: 2011/6/18 15:25

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/14 18:54
Group:
Registered Users
I really do not understand why this is a big deal. What's wrong with crackheads and a little fist fight every once in a while?

Posted on: 2011/6/18 13:50

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/22 0:12
Group:
Registered Users
The fact is the sooner those two (I've had several dealings with them) and all the "JC Bowery Bums" have died the better for everyone - themselves included. There will be no PC happy endings with that group.

Just hope they don't get replaced by a new generation.

And let's give thanks to Palace, which is probably a member of the Special Improvement District, for providing them with all the cheap booze they can afford in the little shot bottles they sell at the front counter.

Posted on: 2011/6/17 17:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/17 18:39
Group:
Registered Users
They are now doing a version of Driving Miss Daisy Latin style. He has been pushing her around town in a BJ's cart. She has totally tricked it out with pillows and the like.

Posted on: 2011/6/17 16:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mr_Johnson wrote:
That whole area/parking lot by Palace Drugs is a mess. What was once 2or 3, maybe 4 people is now growing into a whole large group. An ambulance shows up there at least daily. Police walk/drive right by. Meanwhile "no loitering" signs are everywhere. I wouldn't be very happy if I were the owner of Box.

What brings these kind of people to this area? Is it St. Lucy's Shelter over at 619 Grove Street by the Holland Tunnel?

Until a few years ago -- many were living on the corner at Grove and Newark in front of that old employment center -- but now they seem to have been pushed west on Newark into the Palace Drugs area.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Newark
St. Lucy's Shelter
(201) 656-7201

24-hour, 7-day-a-week, year-round shelter facility for single women and men ...Clients are offered a 45-day stay.

Posted on: 2011/6/17 16:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Until the cops start giving a crap, Newark Avenue will remain an area where the drunks, homeless, and crackheads convene. I think daytime is worse than night time, in fact I'm sure of it.

For anybody who is about to say "move to the suburbs!" ... yes, of course things like this are part of city living, but I don't think it's common to the extent that it exists on Newark Avenue in similarly priced neighborhoods in the metro area. It's a big quality of life issue. The problem has grown because nobody is doing anything about it.
the cops don't give a shit at all. The other day I saw him holding a huge stick and she had some fresh bruises and when I told a passing cop car they said "yeah we know" and drove off.

I'd really like those people to leave, and for her to get some help and leave him. They're both terrible people and I'm sure they're up to no good.

Posted on: 2011/6/17 13:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/4 8:59
Group:
Registered Users
@HamiltonParker - It sounds like lots of agencies have tried to help these people. The problem is that after awhile when they see that it's a circular issue they do not take self-destructive people seriously. It's a total waste of money to continue to help people who don't really want to be helped. Only when they break the cycle and ask for help will there be a happy ending. (IMHO)

Posted on: 2011/6/17 4:32

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/10/29 1:05
Group:
Registered Users
Leigh
I saw the same thing about a week ago but they were on Marin in the street..must have borrowed the cart that day...So sad...they need help

Posted on: 2011/6/17 1:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/9 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Until the cops start giving a crap, Newark Avenue will remain an area where the drunks, homeless, and crackheads convene. I think daytime is worse than night time, in fact I'm sure of it.

For anybody who is about to say "move to the suburbs!" ... yes, of course things like this are part of city living, but I don't think it's common to the extent that it exists on Newark Avenue in similarly priced neighborhoods in the metro area. It's a big quality of life issue. The problem has grown because nobody is doing anything about it.

Unfortunately the police are not very concerned about quality of life issues. This lack of concern is the main reason why Jersey City will never reach it's full potential. I often would be taken aback by the amount of graffitti Newark Ave attracted. Up and down Newark, practically on every other building you would see the same tags...year after year. It was as if the taggers had no fear of being caught . I even saw a tag spray painted right across the street from the police station! Newark Ave is the main artery of downtown JC, why don't the police feel they look stupid by not protecting it? Why don't they understand it makes them look bad when riff raff and taggers piss all over it?

Posted on: 2011/6/16 23:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/7 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone have some constructive feedback regarding how to connect these homeless folks with social services?

I would think that a downtown business association ~ do we even have one? ~ or an organized neighborhood group might urge an assistance program to pick them up.

Not sure that the JC Police Dept spends much time ticketing for loitering, public urination, etc. Even if they did it strikes me as addressing a symptom, rather than the underlying cause for this homeless population's problems.

I agree with the previous post in that it seems more of a daytime issue. But what to do?

Posted on: 2011/6/16 22:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/6/16 22:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/6/16 20:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/21 19:38
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Whoa... JUST saw this couple a few minutes ago! He was pushing her in a BJ's cart the wrong way down Erie Street near Torico's. She was flopped on her back with her feet sticking out the front, and looking completely out of it.

If only the JC Pimp was pushing them both, I could have completed my downtown JC Bingo card with one sighting!

Posted on: 2011/6/16 19:40

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/8 14:56
Group:
Banned
has anyone seen the big black burly man who frequents Newark ave too. he has glasses and i think has tourettes. can be calm one moment then starts screaming about literally nothing, just rambles clear words that just don't make sense. does anyone know who im talking about and if he is even around there anymore

Posted on: 2011/6/16 18:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
His name is Paco, but everyone calls him "Taco." They beat each other regularly until he goes to jail. Then gets out "cleaned up" and the whole process starts over again. His mother kicked him out of her house and the last time he was in jail was for beating the hell out of his girlfriends (or whatever she is) mother.

Posted on: 2011/6/16 17:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
They're fine when they're mostly sober. Actually kinda friendly. Drunk is another story but that could go for anyone.

Posted on: 2011/6/16 17:02

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/7 0:09
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Red wrote:

On another point there is a guy with a mullet on Newark who is always playing scratch cards - he must spend a fortune because I see him everyday doing this - we call him 'scratch and sniff' in our house.

is this guy tall and thin with dark hair and maybe a goatee? If so I know who you are talking about, he lives on 7th street across from Ziggy's Auto Body. He's a really nice guy, has a gorgeous wife and daughter and lives in a nice house, I never understood why he hung out with the riff raff on Newark everyday. Strange.... As for the other 2, the woman likes to growl and spit a lot as well, and her chub is always spilling out from her skin tight t-shirts.

Posted on: 2011/6/16 14:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/30 14:07
Group:
Registered Users
very interesting fella. he loves pit bulls. thats the only thing i've ever spoken to them about. they beat the shit out of each other regularly and they are drug addicts. thats the whole story pretty much.

Posted on: 2011/6/16 14:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
He was walking around tripped out on drugs or drunk with an exacto knife one afternoon when I was walking with my kid. We crossed the street.

Posted on: 2011/6/16 13:36

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/28 0:58
Group:
Registered Users
I don't know their story but I want to say they have been in the Newark Avenue area for approx 1.5/2 years - I've been in the area for 7yrs+ and don't recall seeing them prior to that. I did heard that they are drug addicts and they are regulars to the police and the ambulance crews. I have seen them on many occasions fighting - often the outcome involving facial injuries to the woman. One weekend, at 1:30am, (I was coming home from the City) she asked me to call an ambulance "for my boyfriend". She was standing beside a payphone. I declined. While anyone living like that is sad, I will always avoid walking past them for fear of getting involved in their drama.

On another point there is a guy with a mullet on Newark who is always playing scratch cards - he must spend a fortune because I see him everyday doing this - we call him 'scratch and sniff' in our house.

Posted on: 2011/6/16 13:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/8 14:56
Group:
Banned
has she ever made a cross with her fingers at you and made a face as if she thinks your ugly or demonic of some sort...lmfao. i think i may know who your talkign about for teh women. i used to work in atomic wings and when there was nothing to be done i would stand outside and she would come walking around either throwing her cross signs at me or asking for a dollar...lmao.

dont know her story though, shes been around the area for quite some time

Posted on: 2011/6/16 2:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/18 14:09
Group:
Registered Users
Some folks refer to "him" as "scary guy". He's not quite as scary since he acquired the limp.

Posted on: 2011/6/16 0:52

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/10 15:30
Group:
Registered Users
I saw them last week, getting off the PATH on my morning commute (prob around 730am, they got off at 23rd) and I was very very concerned as her face was so incredibly bruised and blown up and swollen. She looked like she was having trouble walking, too. I couldn't get the image out of my mind all day and wished there was something I could do to help. It seems to be a dangerous and toxic relationship... makes me very sad.

Posted on: 2011/6/16 0:40

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017