Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Man pouring bleach around Grove Street Mosque today
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcgurl wrote:
To the poster whose neighbor uses bleach to get rid of cats, he's barking up the wrong tree... bleach attracts cats. I have several indoor cats and they RUN toward the bleach when I use it, rolling around on the bathroom floor just after cleaning it and thoroughly enjoying the fumes. I've never been able to figure out why but googling has revealed it to be quite a common phenomenon.

my cat does that too! until now I thought it was just another one of his many many oddball quirks. had no idea he was actually, for once, just behaving like a cat.

Posted on: 2011/6/16 14:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/18 16:12
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
I remember reading somewhere that this building is historically significant because it's the only building in NJ to have been at various times a synagogue, church and mosque. A cool testament to the cultural diversity of Jersey City!!! (I can't find the reference now but if I do I'll post it.)

If I had seen what you described, I would have just assumed it was to get rid of urine outside the building, human, canine or feline.

To the poster whose neighbor uses bleach to get rid of cats, he's barking up the wrong tree... bleach attracts cats. I have several indoor cats and they RUN toward the bleach when I use it, rolling around on the bathroom floor just after cleaning it and thoroughly enjoying the fumes. I've never been able to figure out why but googling has revealed it to be quite a common phenomenon.

Posted on: 2011/6/15 19:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Or pee in the pool.

Like I said...

Posted on: 2011/6/15 14:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bobblehead wrote:
Actually, there's a guy that has been doing that along the wall near the PATH entrance for years--pouring bleach to remove the human urine. For some reason, idiots like to pee there. Why, I do not know.

Chlorine is in our drinking water. In our swimming pools. OMG, we cannot allow muslims to poison our swimming pools! LOL.

Now, if he then whipped out a bottle of ammonia, hit the deck!

Actually, urine contains ammonia, which is why you shouldn't clean a toilet with bleach.

Posted on: 2011/6/15 13:31

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/12 21:25
From Parts Unknown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

cnydiva wrote:
Well, congrats, you do sound like a dick. I didn't call the cops because the man was FROM THE MOSQUE! He entered the building when he was done pouring the bleach. I never thought it was an act of terrorism....I simply was wondering why someone would do this.
I agree with the above person that jclist always takes things to an level of ridiculousness.

Trust me, I'm a dick. With that said, it would have been nice if you added the facts you just stated in your original post, as the vagueness of the OP made me think you were wondering if you were witnessing something shady going on. Wouldn't put it past some of the people who post on here to ask what they should do when something (possibly) illegal is going on, as was the case with the people who live next to the noisy neighbors that have loud parties in their backyard in the wee hours of the morning. "What should I do?" Uhh, call the cops maybe...

Posted on: 2011/6/14 20:28

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/11 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CSURugbyHooker wrote:
Quote:

cnydiva wrote:
I am curious...I saw a man pouring straight bleach around the perimeter of the mosque on Grove Street this afternoon around 1pm. He grabbed glances from many who were sitting outside Beachwood Cafe or passing by. Anyone know what this means?

Yes. It means that if a crime were about to take place/person was in the act of committing an act of terrorism, we'd be screwed. Instead of calling the cops and letting them figure out if what this guy was doing was concern-worthy, numerous people did nothing and you thought it wiser to ask our opinion on jclist? Honestly, I'm really trying not to be a dick, but why wouldn't you call the cops and see what they had to say about this matter? At the very least, they would have sent a car to figure out what the guy was doing.

Well, congrats, you do sound like a dick. I didn't call the cops because the man was FROM THE MOSQUE! He entered the building when he was done pouring the bleach. I never thought it was an act of terrorism....I simply was wondering why someone would do this.
I agree with the above person that jclist always takes things to an level of ridiculousness.

Posted on: 2011/6/14 13:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe to clean the building of dog urine and associated smell !

Posted on: 2011/6/14 8:25
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/12 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Honestly. If there is a bigger collection of idiots anywhere other than this site, I don't know of it.

It is a terrorist plot! He is trying to foment chaos by removing where dogs have marked their territory. Enraged, they will rend the flesh from our bones!

Actually, there's a guy that has been doing that along the wall near the PATH entrance for years--pouring bleach to remove the human urine. For some reason, idiots like to pee there. Why, I do not know.

Chlorine is in our drinking water. In our swimming pools. OMG, we cannot allow muslims to poison our swimming pools! LOL.

Now, if he then whipped out a bottle of ammonia, hit the deck!

Posted on: 2011/6/14 4:13
"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development." ---Brewster

Oh, wait, there is one: The Jersey Sting.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
The bizarre thing about the downtown mosque on Grove Street, is that it is actually located in a Synagogue!

Anyone know the story there?

Robin.

Posted on: 2011/6/14 4:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/21 20:55
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Quote:

sepecat wrote:
There is a mosque downtown, besides the one in front of County prep? Then why do people come from downtown to the mosque on west side?
the one downtown is indian/pakistani. Is the one in west side arabic maybe?

The one by County Prep is South Asian I think, atleast the people who i seen walking in there... The one on West Side is arabic/ North African, tho I think there's a mix south asians there as well..

The one in JSQ is also Arabic/ North African

I didn't know there was one dowtown..

Posted on: 2011/6/14 3:56

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Parts Unknown
Group:
Registered Users
Going back to the OP, I interpreted it as: 'man is dumping what appears to be bleach around a mosque and several people seemed very concerned by this, and so much so that I posted about it on jclist.' Maybe I read too much into it and the OP was just wondering why somebody would pour bleach around a building, but if the OP thought something fishy was going on (which is how I interpreted it), then coming to jclist over the cops isn't very bright.

Posted on: 2011/6/14 3:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sepecat wrote:
There is a mosque downtown, besides the one in front of County prep? Then why do people come from downtown to the mosque on west side?
the one downtown is indian/pakistani. Is the one in west side arabic maybe?

Posted on: 2011/6/14 2:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
For what it's worth:

I occasionally pour bleach in the gutter outside my house. When the pollen from the trees ends up in a rain puddle and bakes in the sun for a couple days, it stinks to high heaven as it rots. The bleach kills the fermenting bacteria.

My next door neighbor sprays bleach around the outside of his house because he says it keeps the cats away.
Bleach might deter dogs from choosing to pee there and it certainly kills the odor from the urine.

Honestly. If there is a bigger collection of idiots anywhere other than this site, I don't know of it.

Posted on: 2011/6/14 1:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Just because it's in a bleach bottle doesn't mean it's bleach...

And just because someone is doing something in front of a mosque, doesn't mean it's sinister or is part of a "special" ritual.

People go to different mosques, also, for the same reason people attend different churches or synagogues. There are varied types of congregations and imams (like a priest). Every mosque is not the same and takes different approaches in its ministry and internal politics and administration.

Posted on: 2011/6/14 0:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/21 20:55
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/6/14 0:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Parts Unknown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Darkmatter wrote:
Yes, let's all call the CIA regarding a bleach bottle outside a mosque.

At least they are an ant-free mosque now.

Just sayin'. If the OP and several people were that concerned about bleach being poured around the perimeter of the mosque, but didn't ask the guy what he was doing, then someone should have called JCPD and let them sort out what was going on. It's not like JCPD has anything better going on at 1pm anyway. Just because it's in a bleach bottle doesn't mean it's bleach...

Posted on: 2011/6/14 0:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Darkmatter wrote:

Bleach is toxic. I have no idea how much or how little was being poured, but I would wonder why as well. No one said to call the CIA. Just the local police. Once again, JC List takes it to the next level of ridiculousness.

It's illegal to pour things like that into the street which goes into the storm drains, which drains to the river/waterways. I wouldn't care if it was a mosque or a candy store. I'd still be concerned why and how often this person does this.

Posted on: 2011/6/14 0:02

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/25 21:42
From Brooklyn
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/6/13 23:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
I use vinegar as a natural way to kill the weeds and clean the sidewalk when it's summer and smells of dog piss. The cheap vinegar bottles can look like a bleach bottle.

Posted on: 2011/6/13 23:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Parts Unknown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

cnydiva wrote:
I am curious...I saw a man pouring straight bleach around the perimeter of the mosque on Grove Street this afternoon around 1pm. He grabbed glances from many who were sitting outside Beachwood Cafe or passing by. Anyone know what this means?

Yes. It means that if a crime were about to take place/person was in the act of committing an act of terrorism, we'd be screwed. Instead of calling the cops and letting them figure out if what this guy was doing was concern-worthy, numerous people did nothing and you thought it wiser to ask our opinion on jclist? Honestly, I'm really trying not to be a dick, but why wouldn't you call the cops and see what they had to say about this matter? At the very least, they would have sent a car to figure out what the guy was doing.

Posted on: 2011/6/13 23:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/31 2:51
Group:
Registered Users
I guess he hasn't read the ANTS! thread

Posted on: 2011/6/13 21:43

Man pouring bleach around Grove Street Mosque today

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/11 18:03
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/6/13 17:36

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017