Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
129 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 129

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City EDC CEO and former councilman Steve Lipski's salary set to hike from $1 to $97K
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/1 3:20
Group:
Registered Users
Let's just hope there are no balconies nearby.

Posted on: 2012/9/12 3:29

Re: Jersey City EDC CEO and former councilman Steve Lipski's salary set to hike from $1 to $97K
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
I guess he's satisfied he's been rehabilitated. Nice raise! At least he's off the JC dime.

Posted on: 2012/9/10 1:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Lipski has left that job because the City Council wouldn't give him the obsecene pay increase he was looking for.

However, because he is a loyal HCIA hack, he was given a job as an Assistant Principal in the Harrison Public schools at $122,532

Posted on: 2012/9/9 0:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
How is Lipski doing in his new job, anyhow? Is it true he might be running for council again with Healy?

Posted on: 2012/9/8 23:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/22 3:11
Group:
Registered Users
Flipski's indignation is pretty pathetic. He has fed at the public trough for years and his own personal behavior is reprehensible. And given the debacle at his CREATE charter school he should never be entrusted with the responsibility to run any City agency.

Posted on: 2011/5/27 20:15

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 19:33
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.jerseycityindependent.com/ ... s-of-corruption-at-jcedc/

The Mailbag: Steve Lipski Responds to Charges of Corruption at JCEDC

Dear Editor:

On Monday, May 23, 2011, I appeared before the Jersey City Municipal Council to ask that a resolution to eliminate the Jersey City Economic Development Corporation (JCEDC) sponsored by councilman Fulop and councilwoman Lopez either be withdrawn or voted down because it would not save the city any money nor streamline services; in other words, it would hurt the city. [Editor's note: the proposal was defeated at this week's City Council meeting.]

I supplied every major newspaper in Jersey City and every councilperson before this meeting with a three page letter of facts to discuss why the JCEDC should not be eliminated. I never attacked either councilwoman Lopez or councilman Fulop, and I, certainly, never expected to be attacked so viciously or personally.

Neither councilperson to date has addressed the facts I provided in my three page letter or contacted this office to seek clarity of their positions. Instead, they shifted their own argument from calling for the elimination of the JCEDC to save money and streamline services to calling for the elimination of the JCEDC because of corruption.

Councilman Fulop referenced a two month old, outdated budget worksheet improperly obtained from the JCEDC to misrepresent the salary the JCEDC board actually offered and approved for me. The board approved, and I agreed to, a salary of $65,000, half of what councilman Fulop accuses me of misappropriating. I accepted this offer to further show that it has never been about the money so much as it has been about my strong desire to serve this great city.

To suggest that an outdated budget worksheet improperly obtained from the JCEDC proves that this corporation and I are corrupt is irresponsible at best, malicious at worst. If someone suggested councilman Fulop is corrupt because he endorsed elected officials, such as Assemblymen Manzo and Vas, who have been indicted or sentenced for corruption, would he call himself corrupt or vacate his position? Of course not, so why malign the JCEDC?

Councilman Fulop?s loose use of the term corruption does a disservice to those he accuses unjustly on at least four counts: one, it discourages meaningful dialogue; two, it makes people hesitant to address him out of fear of retribution; three, it sends the wrong message about being fair; and four, continues to affirm a negative image of Jersey City.

I would ask that councilman Fulop honor what he wrote in a letter last week: ?The city politicos will attack me for these proposals. I urge you to observe the facts and consider the merits of the argument. It is time to get the city to work for the residents and not the other way around.?

Steve Lipski
CEO, Jersey City Economic Development Corporation

Posted on: 2011/5/27 20:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/16 0:04
Group:
Registered Users
The Jersey City Economic Development Corporation is a private nonprofit corporation. The employees are not part of any government pension plan.

Posted on: 2011/5/26 18:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

riazw wrote:
Lipski's salary comes with health benefits, so his overall compensation will be about $98,000.

A $33k health plan? Does that come with a car and full release massages?

Don't forget it presumably it also gets him back on the city pension tit, perhaps the JJ scribe neglected to include that as part of the $33K.

Posted on: 2011/5/26 17:29

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
After 'outcry,' Jersey City EDC chief Steve Lipski's salary rises only to $65K
Published: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 5:30 PM Updated: Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 5:32 PM
By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ry_jersey_city_edc_c.html

The Jersey City Economic Development Corp.'s board of directors last night approved a $65,000 salary for its CEO, former councilman Steve Lipski.

The salary is higher than the $1 Lipski has been earning since December as the nonprofit's chief, but considerably less than the $95,000 that was proposed in a budget document released this week by Councilman Steve Fulop.

Lipski said the board of directors revised the salary after "outcry" over the original proposed salary.

"That's fair enough," he said. "At the same token, it's less than any director in the city."

Lipski's salary comes with health benefits, so his overall compensation will be about $98,000.

At Monday's City Council caucus, Fulop blasted Lipski's proposed salary boost, calling it evidence of "corruption," a charge Lipski denied.

"When you sit in meetings and try to hook yourself up, it's corrupt," Fulop said on Monday.

Fulop has introduced a resolution signaling the council's intent to eliminate the EDC. It is scheduled to be voted on at tonight's council meeting.

Posted on: 2011/5/26 3:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 21:28
Group:
Registered Users
This is insane (though not entirely surprising).

This sounds like extortion to me.

Wouldn't a search be conducted, as opposed to automatically granting the position to this quack?

Posted on: 2011/5/25 13:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Beachguy wrote:
The unchecked horror that this administration bestows on the residents of this city never ceases to amaze me. We either elect Fulop or beg the state for an audit of the criminal behavior that continues to grind us to a pulp.

You're right, where's the Christi that we hoped would continue to investigate the public payroll crime rings of Hudson County? Many people voted against Corzine after previously supporting him because they realized he would never take on a Democratic machine that he needed the support of. All those people arrested and it's still business as usual where the loyal soldier who couldn't find his ass with both hands (but knows where the bodies are buried) gets his fat public paycheck, and the all important pension, back.

Posted on: 2011/5/25 1:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/10 14:36
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
The unchecked horror that this administration bestows on the residents of this city never ceases to amaze me. We either elect Fulop or beg the state for an audit of the criminal behavior that continues to grind us to a pulp. I don't see a citizens' uprising happening in the near future, but please, PLEASE don't put these horrors back into office. Use your vote to get rid of these vial creatures. I fear that no new administration can correct this mess, but at least we should give it a shot.

Posted on: 2011/5/24 23:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
How is the Charter school going that Lipski was in-charge of ?

Posted on: 2011/5/24 22:40
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
No wonder he called Steve's idea thoughtless.

http://www.jerseycityindependent.com/ ... ate-jcedc-is-thoughtless/

Posted on: 2011/5/24 22:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
C'mon, who didn't see this one coming? This is the way the HCDO crime family rolls, take care of them and they'll take care of you.

Posted on: 2011/5/24 21:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
He deserves triple his salary. $3.

Posted on: 2011/5/24 20:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
The next mayoral election will indicate whether or not the people of Jersey City enjoy receiving golden showers.

Posted on: 2011/5/24 20:31

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/12 21:26
Group:
Registered Users
talk about tinklin' on our backs and tellin' us it's raining......

Posted on: 2011/5/24 20:12

Jersey City EDC CEO and former councilman Steve Lipski's salary set to hike from $1 to $97K
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ey_city_councilman_7.html

The former Jersey City City Council member who heads the Jersey City Economic Development Corp. is defending a budget proposal that would give him a sizable salary increase.

JCEDC CEO Steve Lipski, who now earns $1 annually for running the nonprofit, stands to earn a $97,000 annual salary, plus benefits, according to a JCEDC budget proposal expected to be introduced tonight by the group's board of directors.

Lipski defended the increase, saying it's about the same salary his predecessor, Eugene Nelson, earned before retiring in November 2010.

The former councilman has had a tumultuous history in Jersey City. He was arrested in November 2008 for urinating from the balcony of a Washington, D.C., club onto fellow concert-goers.

The following January, Lipski pleaded "no contest" to the misdemeanor assault charge, and a week later bowed out of his re-election race.

Lipski's public humiliation led to his job at the JCEDC, he told The Jersey Journal. He wanted to get back in the city's good graces, which is why he agreed initially to work for $1, he said.

"I was digusted with myself," he said. "I embarrassed myself, I embarrassed the city."

At last night's council caucus, where Lipski defended the JCEDC from Councilman Steve Fulop's proposal to eliminate the group, Fulop blasted the proposed salary increase, calling it "corruption."

"When you sit in meetings and try to hook yourself up, it's corrupt," Fulop said, adding a reference to Solomon Dwek, the federal informant responsible for bringing down numerous city officials in the massive 2009 corruption sweep.

Lipski bristled at the reference.

"I take offense every time you say the name Solomon Dwek," he said. "You're wrong, you're wrong. Don't tie me into corruption."

Posted on: 2011/5/24 17:32

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017