Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Lincoln Park: Unidentified woman riding a bicycle struck and dragged by taxi-driver who took off.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/8/30 8:48
Group:
Registered Users
3:30 a.m. isn't necessarily late to be riding a bike, any more than it's late to be driving a car.

It's late for a child to be riding a bike to Little League practice in 1981 in the suburbs.

These days lots of adults bike for transportation, to and from work, social events, bars, etc., especially in places like Jersey City and the NYC outer boroughs, where things are fairly dense but not everything is conveniently walkable or well-served by mass transit.

A percentage of those cyclists are drunk, drugged, fatigued, etc., but that's also true of drivers.

Posted on: 2011/5/23 14:20

Re: Lincoln Park: Unidentified woman riding a bicycle struck and dragged by taxi-driver who took off.
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/12 21:25
From Parts Unknown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
How dare you use a picture of 2 people to depict your metality as shown in your avatar. Just because you don't like an opinion of someone, or don't understand it which is probably the case here doesn't give you justification to rant out foul.

1. My avatar is my mugshot photo. Eat a dick.
2. You are correct. I definitely don't understand how somebody like yourself can be so obtuse and utterly brain dead. Genetics? Meth? Thinly veiled racism? All of the above, probably.
3. "Any insurance company has to lookk at both sides of the picture." When you choose to leave the scene of an accident and leave somebody for dead in the street, there's only one 'side to the picture': the victim's. The cowardly cabbie could have at least called 911 once he backed his car up to dislodge the bicyclist and drove off.

I truly hope you don't/haven't already dropped mouth breathing spawn.

Posted on: 2011/5/23 0:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Sully wrote:
Wow!
Here's a story about a person being run over by a car, and the reaction is schadenfreude and snark, rather than sympathy for the victim or interest in seeing the criminal driver caught.
What if the victim were a pedestrian? What if she were driving a car and got t-boned by the cab? Why is she less deserving of sympathy and justice because she was on a bike?
I have lurked here for a while, but never felt compelled to post until reading those comments. Unreal.

She's not deserving of less, I would just like to know both sides to this story. And if you read my response I stated " I always feel bad when someone is hit on a bike."

Posted on: 2011/5/22 21:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CSURugbyHooker wrote:
Fat-ass-bike and heights, somebody should have definitely added chlorine to your gene pools. Here you have two examples of why I fully support late-term abortion and I can only hope that you were both forcibly sterilized by the mental institutions you've both spent time in.

How dare you use a picture of 2 people to depict your metality as shown in your avatar. Just because you don't like an opinion of someone, or don't understand it which is probably the case here doesn't give you justification to rant out foul.

Posted on: 2011/5/22 21:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Butter wrote:
Are you serious? You must be the biggest a-hole on the planet. If she was an exercise nut riding at 3:30 am you feel sorry for her, but if she's just a random person or "has been" its her fault. How can she be a "has been", they didn't even give her age. Maybe she was riding home from work and didn't want to take a cab because the same prick who left her for dead, might have even more sinister motives when he has a single woman in his cab.
I hope you get a heart attack from your "sustainable living".

She would have to be nuts to exercise at 3 in the morning. You took my perception out of context. I see lots of "bikers" acting stupid weaving in and out of traffic, talking on their cell phone, drunk, drugged up, bike ready to fall apart, you name it. And you are no better to think that the cabbie could have possible motives. Any insurance company has to lookk at both sides of the picture.

Posted on: 2011/5/22 21:21

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/28 4:29
Group:
Registered Users
Wow!

Here's a story about a person being run over by a car, and the reaction is schadenfreude and snark, rather than sympathy for the victim or interest in seeing the criminal driver caught.

What if the victim were a pedestrian? What if she were driving a car and got t-boned by the cab? Why is she less deserving of sympathy and justice because she was on a bike?

I have lurked here for a while, but never felt compelled to post until reading those comments. Unreal.

Posted on: 2011/5/22 20:11

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/12 21:25
From Parts Unknown
Group:
Registered Users
Fat-ass-bike and heights, somebody should have definitely added chlorine to your gene pools. Here you have two examples of why I fully support late-term abortion and I can only hope that you were both forcibly sterilized by the mental institutions you've both spent time in.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/5/22 16:32

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/14 13:11
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
[quote]
I understand what you mean kinda late to be riding. I wonder if she was wearing a helmet. Maybe she was distraught or on drugs. When I first read the article I thought avid cyclist with helmet following a strict sustainable living regimen. But it was just some has been riding aimlessly there isn't much sympathy I can convey. I always feel bad when I hear a cyclist has been hit on a bike.

Are you serious? You must be the biggest a-hole on the planet. If she was an exercise nut riding at 3:30 am you feel sorry for her, but if she's just a random person or "has been" its her fault. How can she be a "has been", they didn't even give her age. Maybe she was riding home from work and didn't want to take a cab because the same prick who left her for dead, might have even more sinister motives when he has a single woman in his cab.
I hope you get a heart attack from your "sustainable living".

Posted on: 2011/5/22 16:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
I always go bike riding at 3.33AM in Lincoln Park- Sounds like a drug deal gone bad !

I understand what you mean kinda late to be riding. I wonder if she was wearing a helmet. Maybe she was distraught or on drugs. When I first read the article I thought avid cyclist with helmet following a strict sustainable living regimen. But it was just some has been riding aimlessly there isn't much sympathy I can convey. I always feel bad when I hear a cyclist has been hit on a bike.

Posted on: 2011/5/22 9:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I always go bike riding at 3.33AM in Lincoln Park- Sounds like a drug deal gone bad !

Posted on: 2011/5/22 8:28
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/21 20:55
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
If it happened near Lincoln Park, the place is full of Cameras now.. Hopefully the Sheriff?s got a video.. Also if it happens to be a city yellow cab out of Journal sq, then I?m guessing the city has a list of taxis and the detectives will have to do their work in finding the driver..

Posted on: 2011/5/21 20:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
"taxi driver was described as 5-foot-9, having dreadlocks, and wearing a white t-shirt, blue jeans, and tan boots"

Perhaps someone here might remember taking a cab from Journal Square driven by a guy fitting this description on Thursday night/Friday morning.

Posted on: 2011/5/21 16:32

Lincoln Park: Unidentified woman riding a bicycle struck and dragged by taxi-driver who took off.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

View Larger Map Report: Unidentified woman riding a bicycle struck and dragged by taxi-driver who took off from Jersey City scene Saturday, May 21, 2011 By MICHAELANGELO CONTE JOURNAL STAFF WRITER A woman was left in critical condition when she was struck by a hit-and-run driver in a yellow cab and then dragged down a Jersey City street early yesterday morning, authorities said. A witness told police that the woman, who cops have not yet identified, was struck by the taxi at Clinton and West Side avenues at 3:33 a.m. while she was riding a bicycle, reports said. The victim was dragged from 252 Clinton to 262 Clinton. The witness said the taxi driver stopped and got out of the cab, then looked beneath the vehicle and quickly jumped back in, reports said. He put the cab in reverse and backed up toward Kennedy Boulevard, leaving the badly injured woman behind in the street, reports said. The police report says the victim was unconscious and had suffered injuries over her entire body. There is no reference to her age in the report. She was rushed to the Jersey City Medical Center where she was listed in critical condition, reports said. Because both trauma teams at the JCMC were already helping two seriously injured patients, the hit-and-run victim was stabilized, prepared for transportation, and transferred to University Hospital in Newark, Medical Center Mark Rabson said yesterday. No update on her condition was available last night. The taxi driver was described as 5-foot-9, having dreadlocks, and wearing a white t-shirt, blue jeans, and tan boots, reports said. Anyone with information on the hit-and-run is asked to call the Jersey City police tip line at (201) 547-JAIL.

Posted on: 2011/5/21 15:33

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017