Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
87 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 87

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 9 »

Re: JC Post Office - Be Very Afraid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 21:28
Group:
Registered Users
Is there a way for us to nominate the downtown post office for closure? I hear they need to save a few bucks. ;) It's a shame that they are looking to close so many rural post offices when you have such a poorly run facility such as ours.

Posted on: 2011/9/15 11:34

If you are missing items from your mail, please contact USPS
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
This is the information I received from USPS.

Please feel free to reference if you have your own issues. Again, this all happened when my regular mailman was away on medical leave.

Contact: https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms/mlntrcvd.aspx

=
Thank you for completing this form.

Your Reference number is: 21081654

The U.S. Postal Inspection Service gathers data on mail-related crime to determine whether a violation has occurred. While we can't guarantee that we can recover lost money or items, your information can help alert Inspectors to problem areas and possibly prevent other people from being victimized.

U.S. Postal Inspectors base their investigations on the number, substance, and pattern of complaints received from the public. We ask you to keep all original documents related to your complaint. We will contact you ONLY if more information is needed.

Please DO NOT REPLY to this email
=

Posted on: 2011/9/15 11:00

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/13 2:42
From The Island
Group:
Registered Users
Between jobs and with the help of a girlfriend I worked at the main JC post office a few years back.

What an experience.

As much as I will always stick up for all my great, hardworking, dedicated, coworkers (which were many) there were definitely some major untreatable messes going on there that not even they could help with.

A lot of it had to do with poor communication between the admin/coordinators who are always running around solving the problem from 40 minutes ago and being unable to explain new routes that they'd shove the substitutes into because everything is on a time budget due to too much overtime and the general bankruptcy bent of the USPS.
Many TE's go out a touch unprepared, and the rule was....if you don't know what to do with certain mail, just hold onto it and bring it back to the PO for tomorrow to deal with. You get the idea if that TE gets stuck on the same route a few days in a row.

Last bit there is true, they told us we weren't obliged to except outgoing mail from home boxes or people on the street- but many do out of kindness.

Posted on: 2011/9/14 23:46

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/30 1:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
JCPist wrote:

I dont know how many of you have had bad experiences with the JC Post Office/Carriers or have a way for me to contact a LIVE PERSON at the DOWNTOWN JC Post Office but I would appreciate your help. Any contact information at all would be helpful.

I have lived in three apartments in JC and in all three my mail is:
Placed in the wrong box in other buildings
Placed in the wrong box at my building
Not delivered at all (this is a popular one - 3 days w/o any mail)
or Does not arrive at all!!
Never delivered at the same time and rarely by the same carrier

When you try to call and track down the missing mail/packages you cant get a human being. Only endless loop recordings. When you tell the carrier directly - they just shrug saying it must be the other guy.

JC presents enough challenges - do I have to add to my "Reasons to Move" list? Move so you can get your mail??? I lived in a city of over 11 million people and got my mail without fail. What is the deal?????

I have the same problems. Five or six complaints later still no improvement. Mine NEVER picks up outgoing mail either and the PO told me that they aren't required to - news to me, every other city PO does. I gave up on the Post Office here long ago. FedEx only now.

Posted on: 2011/9/14 22:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/16 15:40
From Village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PathH8Tr wrote:
Thanks Scottacus, but your link doesn't work - any other link you can recommend?

The original link just sucked in the period at the end of the sentence. This works: https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms/mlntrcvd.aspx

Posted on: 2011/9/14 18:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks Scottacus, but your link doesn't work - any other link you can recommend?

Posted on: 2011/9/14 18:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/20 2:38
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PathH8Tr wrote:
I have had two items to be mailed to my address within a 6 week period - carrying $50 gift cards for Home Depot (redeemed from my credit card rewards points) not ever make it to my address. I contacted the credit card company and they informed me that they have had issues often with gift cards making it to their destination through the USPS. They've tried to have the envelope be non-descript in order to not trigger the postal workers to know they are gift cards, however, the credit card company stated the best recommendation is to redeem my points in cash, to be mailed in the form of a check from them, to avoid this issue.

I find it no coincidence my regular postal carrier (who I love and who I tip during the holidays) was away on medical leave during this time. All of a sudden all my missing weekly magazine subscriptions (Sports Illustrated, New York Magazine, The New Yorker) are showing up in my mail box again.

Be careful - obviously this credit card company is looking in to it, but if you want to be vigilant yourself - don't do gift cards through the mail.

If you think a postal employee may have stolen your mail, you should definitely fill out a mail theft report at https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms/mlntrcvd.aspx. If the inspectors get enough reports they really will look into the matter.

Posted on: 2011/9/14 18:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I have had two items to be mailed to my address within a 6 week period - carrying $50 gift cards for Home Depot (redeemed from my credit card rewards points) not ever make it to my address. I contacted the credit card company and they informed me that they have had issues often with gift cards making it to their destination through the USPS. They've tried to have the envelope be non-descript in order to not trigger the postal workers to know they are gift cards, however, the credit card company stated the best recommendation is to redeem my points in cash, to be mailed in the form of a check from them, to avoid this issue.

I find it no coincidence my regular postal carrier (who I love and who I tip during the holidays) was away on medical leave during this time. All of a sudden all my missing weekly magazine subscriptions (Sports Illustrated, New York Magazine, The New Yorker) are showing up in my mail box again.

Be careful - obviously this credit card company is looking in to it, but if you want to be vigilant yourself - don't do gift cards through the mail.

Posted on: 2011/9/14 18:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Report every thing to Washington, D.C. Don't expect the local mangement to help you. Anytime the post office screw up, report it. Everyone has to do it.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5040363_file- ... t-postmaster-general.html

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/contactUs/filecomplaint.aspx

http://www.usps.com/customerservice/w ... ader&page=CustomerService

Your congressman also takes care of any issues with the post office.

Anybody who has a complaint about the post office should contact Congressman Albio Sires. The more the better.

Congressman Albio Sires
Jersey City
35 Journal Square, Suite 906
Jersey City, NJ 07306
Phone: 201-222-2828
Fax: 201-222-0188

http://www.sires.house.gov/index.php? ... task=view&id=25&Itemid=51

Posted on: 2011/5/20 14:04

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/16 18:58
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

skipperdoodle wrote:
For the third time in the six months I've lived here (Harsimus Cove), I've had a package with a tracking number go missing. The central pots office was spectacularly unhelpful - transferring me before I could even get a sentence out and yelling at me that the tracking said it was delivered so it had to have been delivered to my address even though I didn't receive it (tracking info simply says it was delivered in Jersey City - not to which address).

The mail is delivered in a locked foyer so I can't imagine it would go missing after it was delivered - I know my neighbor and the other apt is the landlord.

I guess I will have to resort to renting a mailbox.

I filed a complaint to try and track down the missing package. After a week I finally got a call, the message informed me that they couldn't investigate because the complaint said I lived on 'Food' Street (I live on Third Street, which I spelled to the person recording the complaint) and there was no such street. No kidding. I've been trying to call back, but of course no one ever answers and there is no voice mail for the number she left me. Amazing.

Posted on: 2011/5/19 23:51

Re: Ineptitude - Rudeness and Idiocy RULE THE DAY AT THE JC POST OFFICE
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Once again USPS have illustrated their massive ineptitude. Received a Last Notice Certified mail notice - never received the FIRST one. I hear the carrier placing this in my mail box but obviously didn't ring my buzzer. I call the number on the back of the post card. They tell me that number is wrong and to call their supervisor's number. I call, it rings about 30 times, no answer. I call the first number back and she lets her phone ring about 25 times and then it goes in to a voice mail system that says her voice mail isn't set up to receive voice mails.

I phone customer service to file a complaint. I get an equally bitter person. If this was a private business they'd be OUT of business. Sigh.

Posted on: 2011/5/19 17:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I started getting mail sent (signature only) to my downtown JC office because of the courier problems in our area (if you've read my stories, the amount of items missing, stolen etc. was getting unreal).

USPS signature only never arrived at my office. The postal carrier listed it as "received", tracking confirmed this. IT WAS NEVER RECEIVED. Contacted the offices and they suggested it was probably placed in the wrong mail box and to place signage up and to inform the carrier via a note in our mail box. Essentially the item was never found. HOW IS THE CARRIER NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR AN ITEM THEY SAY I RECEIVED BUT DID NOT?

The sender says it notes as received so how are they to obtain insurance on this item?

Our JC post office runs like a third world country. How can we force accountability if we can't even talk to someone with power and authority to do something? UNREAL.

Posted on: 2011/5/14 13:56

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/5/14 19:24
Group:
Registered Users
Just spoke to Juanita (who also would not give her last name but identified herself as the supervisor) she said and I quote, "The carrier's out there right now she delivers up to five - I cant tell you why you haven't gotten your mail - I dont know" When the carrier gets back I will ask her why if I am still here"

These guys are UNREAL - This letter to the US Postal commission is going to be my pleasure to write.

Posted on: 2011/5/14 13:25

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you caj11, I just noticed that there was an entire thread already created spouting off about these idiots. Uphill battle - I do hope the folks at JC Post office on Montgomery are ready for the wrath. Enough is enough!!

Left a note on the mail carriers key box for him/her to ring the bell and a note which I taped over the lock to the main box on the inside. Didnt ring the bell - peeled off the note and went on his/her way. Unbelievable.

US postal commission will be getting a not so nice certified letter as will op ed @JC Journal. Imagine.....all I ever wanted was the mail that was addressed to me? Crazy right?

Posted on: 2011/5/14 13:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCPist wrote:
I dont know how many of you have had bad experiences with the JC Post Office/Carriers or have a way for me to contact a LIVE PERSON at the DOWNTOWN JC Post Office but I would appreciate your help. Any contact information at all would be helpful.

When you try to call and track down the missing mail/packages you cant get a human being. Only endless loop recordings. When you tell the carrier directly - they just shrug saying it must be the other guy.

JC presents enough challenges - do I have to add to my "Reasons to Move" list? Move so you can get your mail??? I lived in a city of over 11 million people and got my mail without fail. What is the deal?????

Try calling 201-915-7040 or 201-915-7041 and ask to speak with a delivery supervisor, or the postmaster (you'll have better luck getting a message to a delivery supervisor).

If you don't have any success, call 800-ASK-USPS, follow the prompts to reach customer service and open up a formal complaint against the post office and detail everything.

Posted on: 2011/5/14 0:09

Ineptitude - Rudeness and Idiocy RULE THE DAY AT THE JC POST OFFICE

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/5/13 22:02

JC Main Post Office Problems, as usual......
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/4 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
Such a joke, I had Priority Packages waiting for pick-up for 2 days & then got an e-mail with a confirmation # that it was picked up.
Problem was they were never picked up just scanned.
Talked with USPS who said that shouldn't have happened & to call local postal carrier supervisor. As usual no one ever picks up phone at main PO so went there & supervisor was too busy to speak with me. Dropped off packages myself. No one cares over there at all.
My point to them was why confirm a pick-up when it wasn't picked up at all? Honestly that is the worst PO I have ever been too and have to go there way too often as it is with mail & certified letters that are never left and never check to see if I even at home.

My advise is to avoid that place if ever possible.

Posted on: 2011/5/12 14:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

skipperdoodle wrote:
For the third time in the six months I've lived here (Harsimus Cove), I've had a package with a tracking number go missing. The central pots office was spectacularly unhelpful - transferring me before I could even get a sentence out and yelling at me that the tracking said it was delivered so it had to have been delivered to my address even though I didn't receive it (tracking info simply says it was delivered in Jersey City - not to which address).

The mail is delivered in a locked foyer so I can't imagine it would go missing after it was delivered - I know my neighbor and the other apt is the landlord.

I've had something similar happen and after many poking and prodding questions on my part, what I more or less was told was that delivery confirmation confirms that it gets to the recipient's local post office, not their house. I said that was ridiculous, I wasn't interested if it got to the post office, I wanted confirmation that it got to the house. Answer: Oh well, too bad.

Posted on: 2011/5/11 15:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Also, there was a rather rude employee at the main post office in Montgomery mentioned in another thread, referred to as "Mr. Jackson" and he has also been transferred to another office.

oh, I've dealt with Mr. Jackson. the man is comically incompetent.

Posted on: 2011/5/11 4:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
As a side note, Virginia Falcon is no longer the postmaster at this office. Apparently she has moved to another office. Somebody by the name of "Carrie" or "Kerry", they wouldn't tell me her last name, is the new postmaster. I'll try and get the whole name.

Also, there was a rather rude employee at the main post office in Montgomery mentioned in another thread, referred to as "Mr. Jackson" and he has also been transferred to another office.

Posted on: 2011/5/11 4:25

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/18 14:37
From JSQ
Group:
Registered Users
The worst part is that we all pay their salaries. Its too bad that when so many people are desperate for jobs these slobs don't even bother doing the ones that they have.

Posted on: 2011/5/11 0:18

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/16 18:58
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/5/10 16:43

Re: Missing package - what to do now?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/30 19:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

I had the pleasure of putting a package thief in jail back in January. Unfortunately I saw him just a few months later back out on the streets. He is a repeat offender. White guy, buzz cut hair, late 30's- 40 years old. 5'10" about 170-180 lbs. He wears glasses but has faded teardrop tattoos on the corners of both eyes. He is well-spoken and will try to pass himself off as a USPS driver as he did when I first witnessed his shenanigans. He walks around going from stoop to stoop looking for packages, mail etc. I witnessed him stealing a Netflix DVD from one neighbors mailbox.

I just spotted a guy with teardrop tattoos and a camouflage jacket on Erie between 5th and 6th.

Posted on: 2011/4/21 15:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
So my mom in FL knits me an alpaca scarf from wool I bought at an upstate alpaca farm. After the debacle last year of Fedex disappearing a package of personal stuff she sent because it wasn't sent signature required, she sends it USPS and paid extra for a "signature required" tag. I find it today sitting on the floor by the mailboxes in the building entryway!

WTF!! These guys seem to have the attitude that we should be grateful we get our crap "most" of the time. I expect if I make a stink I'll find all my mail arrives covered in dogshit if it arrives at all.

Posted on: 2011/2/8 4:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/14 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DTNJC wrote:
I always get a slip saying a letter or package was attempted to be delivered but nobody ever rings my bell, EVER.....
I just think there LAZY and have no supervision.

It's like the wild, wild west at the JCPO.

Oh, yes. I'd been waiting for a certified letter and tracked it online; the USPS web site said that two deliveries had been attempted in the past week on days when both my wife and I were home all day. It also said that the carrier had left a notice with each attempt.

False. Not only had we received no notices; we received no mail whatsoever those days. (Come to think of it, we've gotten mail about 3-4 days out of the past 10. Uncanny.)

So I called the local office to complain/inquire. I was told they'd look into it, but they kept hinting that I'd be welcome to come by and pick the letter up. An hour later, I checked our mailbox and saw that we'd gotten our weekly mail delivery. Included was a delivery slip - they didn't bother bringing the certified letter or ringing the doorbell; they just dropped off a slip.

I worked in postwar Bosnia for many years, and hate to say it, but over time I saw their (government-run) mail system getting better and more professional while ours has devolved to Eastern Bloc standards.

Posted on: 2011/2/4 6:48

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/11 13:35
Group:
Registered Users
I have complained many times to my letter carrier who I think is brain dead and to the asst post master, Vivian at the main post office who is useless and should be fired.

Posted on: 2011/2/4 0:58

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/4 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
I always get a slip saying a letter or package was attempted to be delivered but nobody ever rings my bell, EVER.....
I just think there LAZY and have no supervision.

It's like the wild, wild west at the JCPO.

Posted on: 2011/2/3 22:45

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/13 13:41
Group:
Registered Users
I've lived here for over 13 years and had almost everything mentioned here happen to me multiple times: Mail not forwarded, handed a worker a form and told the next week by same worker I never handed in a form, entire building received no mail (hundreds of times over the years), mail "lost' (including obvious medication bottle), mail damaged, building getting incorrect mail EVERY SINGLE time a "substitute (i.e. illiterate??) carrier was working, phone rings off the hook at Montgomery for eternity without being answered, packages left at wrong address, carriers not reading notes left, not taking back wrongly delivered mail, rude workers, on and on.

Yeah, this post office rules.

(There ARE some good carriers, it is not always their fault. The substitute carriers , on the other hand, are one step up the evolution chain from newts, no offense to newts).

Posted on: 2011/2/3 19:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
My mailman has been throwing away the advertisements in the garbage can. I reported it last month, and nothing happened. He is still throwing them out. This week I complained again and this is the response from the national customer service department: ------- From: "eCustomerCare National" <ECCADUSER@usps.gov> Your recent email concerning a delivery problem has been referred to this office. Such a report is not good news to us. Our policy is to deliver the mail ?as it is addressed,? and your mail should be no exception. The mishandling of any mail is certainly unintentional, and we work very hard to eliminate such mistakes when brought to our attention. Since you reported your local efforts to resolve this situation have been unsuccessful, by copy of this email, we have asked the Jersey City Post Office, Officer-in-Charge to intervene. They will act immediately to ensure that your mail, your carrier?s performance, and service in general receive more care and attention. We must catch mistakes like the ones you brought to our attention before they happen. We are truly disappointed that we are not providing you good service. We will make extended efforts to improve upon our performance, as we value your business and would like to keep you as a satisfied customer. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you. Sincerely, Customer Services Consumer Affairs Office ------- Please make sure the national office know how sh1tty the Jersey City Post Office is. Submit your complaints at: http://www.usps.com/customerservice/welcome.htm ------------------------------------------------------------------ Just saw this news article: Police: L.I. Postman Pinched 7,000 JC Penney Coupons http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/01/2 ... d-7000-j-c-penny-coupons/

Posted on: 2011/1/29 1:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/23 15:50
From jazzy city
Group:
Registered Users
this post office rules. im usually only there to pick up something when they leave a notice, i go at 8am and theres no line and they find my package in 2 minutes and politely hand it to me. a few times i came to ship something, the line was long granted it was saturday but they were polite and helped me with everything.

Posted on: 2011/1/17 16:05

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 9 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017