Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
153 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 153

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 43 44 45 (46) 47 48 49 ... 60 »

Re: PATH (pathetic attempt at transporting humans)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/15 11:50
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users
FYI, PATH alert:

Beginning 11pm Fri 7/15 to 11pm Sat 7/16, the JSQ-33(via Hob) line terminates at Grove St due to track work. Transfer to NWK-WTC at Grove St to complete trip.

Posted on: 2011/7/15 13:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/10/9 2:11
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah I had the same experience as bodhipooh yesterday.
Got to Grove station around 9:45am and waiting until 10:20ish for a train. When I first got in I figured I could handle a 10 minute delay so I stuck around, but then they kept increasing the delay. If I knew it was going to be 35 mins or so, I would of never went to the PATH station in the first place and worked from home. Luckily it seemed like most commuters were still on vacation so the cars weren't overcrowded. If this would of been a regular work week, it would of been a bad scene.

Speak of the devil, just got a PATH Alert at 10:51am..."Due to a signal problem, train service on the Newark to World Trade Center line is operating with a 15 minute delay" :)

Posted on: 2011/7/6 15:24

Re: Path(poor attempt at transporting humans)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
It seems the best way to complain to PATH is on Twitter.

http://twitter.com/#!/PATHTweet

Posted on: 2011/7/6 13:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
At least these problems don't occur at rush hour, you gotta give em (PATH) that.

Posted on: 2011/7/6 1:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
With regards to the PATH outage this morning, I have to say that it was a frustrating experience. I waited in Grove Street for a WTC train for about 35 minutes. After two trains failed to show up, an announcement was made that trains were "subject" to a 10-minute delay. By the time the announcement was made, trains were already delayed at least 15 minutes. After another 10 minutes, they started to announce that trains were subject to a 20-minute delay.

In the end, the most frustrating thing to me was that the announcements failed to provide meaningful / accurate information. Trains were not "subject to an x-minute delay", the trains WERE ALREADY delayed by x-minutes. And, x kept increasing. I think that the PA could do a better job estimating actual delays, and conveying more accurate information.

Posted on: 2011/7/5 19:11

Re: Path(poor attempt at transporting humans)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/18 14:09
Group:
Registered Users
Pretty much every time there's a PATH alert sent out to the tune of "due to a dock bridge failure, service on the WTC to Newark is suspended", another alert goes out saying that the problem has been resolved within 20-30 minutes.

The only extended (i.e., more than an hour) service outages I've experienced in 7 years of riding the PATH have been due to very heavy rain. If you hear that NJTransit is cross-honoring PATH, only then is the problem likely to be serious enough to make staying put in the PATH station not the best option.

Quote:

psychobilly999 wrote:
Today I hopped a 9:30 am train to Newark which normally gets me there by 9:50. The train stopped a 1/4 of the way there, after 15 minutes of waiting I realized something was wrong. An hour later they took us back to journal square and said they'd have buses set up to take us to Newark, after waiting another ten minutes and no buses, I called path only to be tol that the trains were operating again! This is one of the worst cases of utter incompetence I've ever experienced! It's no surprise that it was path. All the platform employees looked smug and acted like this was no big deal, I missed both of my buses in Newark which would get me to work on time, now I'll lose an hour of work time!! I'm sending the bill to path!

Posted on: 2011/7/5 18:51

Path(poor attempt at transporting humans)
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/15 12:46
Group:
Registered Users
Today I hopped a 9:30 am train to Newark which normally gets me there by 9:50. The train stopped a 1/4 of the way there, after 15 minutes of waiting I realized something was wrong. An hour later they took us back to journal square and said they'd have buses set up to take us to Newark, after waiting another ten minutes and no buses, I called path only to be tol that the trains were operating again! This is one of the worst cases of utter incompetence I've ever experienced! It's no surprise that it was path. All the platform employees looked smug and acted like this was no big deal, I missed both of my buses in Newark which would get me to work on time, now I'll lose an hour of work time!! I'm sending the bill to path!

Posted on: 2011/7/5 15:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/16 16:34
Group:
Registered Users
The real moral of the story is "Be a little earlier." If you had been on the track just a minute or so earlier, you might have actually made the train, but when you try to cut it that close, sometimes you are going to get burned.
I live in a condo with a shuttle to the Grove St. Station that leaves every 20 minutes on time. There are a few A**holes who run to the shuttle just as it's scheduled to leave, delay the shuttle and then bitch at the driver. The driver is just doing his job, trying to keep to a schedule. If people just got to their embarkation point just a bit earlier, so many problems would go away.

Posted on: 2011/6/22 10:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I didn't - 8 minutes is more than enough time to chug an iced coffee

Quote:

JerseyCityFrankie wrote:
Alternative moral to the story: Don't bring coffee onto the PATH train.

Posted on: 2011/6/22 2:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/22 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
Alternative moral to the story: Don't bring coffee onto the PATH train.

Posted on: 2011/6/21 20:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ripple wrote:
Frustrating thing happened to me this afternoon:

Needed to take the PATH from Grove to Newark. Got to Grove st. at 2:26, saw on the schedule that the next Newark train leaves at 2:38. Decide to go to Starbucks instead of waiting in the station. Head down into the station at 2:35, I'm on the platform at 2:36 (cell phone time and PATH monitor time agreed), just to see that 2:38 NWK train already leaving.

Wait until the next train (2:53), which actually comes at 2:53. The clocks inside the train (even on the in-train PATH monitors) are 2 minutes faster than the clocks in the station.

Moral of the story -- minute-to-minute PATH schedules are not to be trusted, and to be safe, be on the platform 5 minutes before your train is supposed to arrive. This also means that unless the PATH is running at a 20-minute or longer interval, you almost may as well roll the dice instead of trying to plan your trips.

Aesop wept.

Posted on: 2011/6/21 20:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Frustrating thing happened to me this afternoon:

Needed to take the PATH from Grove to Newark. Got to Grove st. at 2:26, saw on the schedule that the next Newark train leaves at 2:38. Decide to go to Starbucks instead of waiting in the station. Head down into the station at 2:35, I'm on the platform at 2:36 (cell phone time and PATH monitor time agreed), just to see that 2:38 NWK train already leaving.

Wait until the next train (2:53), which actually comes at 2:53. The clocks inside the train (even on the in-train PATH monitors) are 2 minutes faster than the clocks in the station.

Moral of the story -- minute-to-minute PATH schedules are not to be trusted, and to be safe, be on the platform 5 minutes before your train is supposed to arrive. This also means that unless the PATH is running at a 20-minute or longer interval, you almost may as well roll the dice instead of trying to plan your trips.

Posted on: 2011/6/21 20:04

Report on MTA and PATH Security
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/17 7:21
Group:
Registered Users
Interesting Report on this. Check Out and Share the following link:
http://www.hudsoncountytv.com/videos/ ... 011/Trouble_on_the_Tracks

[flash=480,330]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juaythZn-Jo&feature=player_embedded[/flash]

Posted on: 2011/6/14 19:51

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/20 14:08
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
We are working on a tool to make the whole PATH experience a tad bit more bearable (in a way that we can....not being part of the Port Authority and all. Sorry..can't provide more cars or trips....YET!)

We've been talking to many of you who take the PATH and put up with these crazy conditions daily.

Two of the things we've seen requested time and time again during our interviews with commuters have been:
1) A simple way to contact and submit feedback to the PATH
2) Improved communications and alternative suggestions when service is interrupted

Indeed we have heard and learned a whole lot more, but we are still listening and trying to understand what can be done to help commuters feel a little better about their trip (even if it's just through better communication or trip-planning control).

If you want to play a meaningful part in affecting and improving your own PATH experience, we encourage all PATH users to take our Customer Survey. Understanding your gripes or your praises for the PATH: 1)helps us accurately understand your biggest PATH problems and sentiment, and 2)leads to the creation of an ideal solution. A solution that will be right for you.

So, don't just let your frustration die here. Join us at the PATHapp Project as we build the best PATH app together. Hope to hear from you all soon.
-The PATHapp Project Team

Posted on: 2011/6/10 0:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/8/30 8:48
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Two Douches.

Resized Image

Note that one guy is lounged out with his bag on the seat and the other is jutting his ass out onto the same seat and BOTH are pretending to sleep. I did not want the seat as I like to stand on the trains but their behavior, especially for 2 young guys, is obnoxious. For the 6-8 minutes I was standing there I pretended to futz with my ringtone just to make sure they were awake. I also gave the one guy a good whack with my backpack as I exited as he was also hanging his arm over the railing into where people need to stand.

Other street (or under-street) justice techniques I enjoy employing:

--Deliberately sitting next to Mr. Spready Legs and then spreading my own knees veeeery slowly, but with relentless force, so he's eventually forced to close his. He usually does this suddenly with a grunt that I find deeply amusing.

--Deliberately standing in front of the seat with someone's bag on it, turning around, lowering my butt slowly toward the bag, and watching the owner remove it hurriedly.

--"Accidentally" kicking or bumping people sitting on station stairways when crowds are trying to use them.

Posted on: 2011/6/9 20:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Two Douches.

Resized Image

Note that one guy is lounged out with his bag on the seat and the other is jutting his ass out onto the same seat and BOTH are pretending to sleep. I did not want the seat as I like to stand on the trains but their behavior, especially for 2 young guys, is obnoxious. For the 6-8 minutes I was standing there I pretended to futz with my ringtone just to make sure they were awake. I also gave the one guy a good whack with my backpack as I exited as he was also hanging his arm over the railing into where people need to stand.

Posted on: 2011/6/9 18:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Two Douches.

???

Posted on: 2011/6/9 15:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Two Douches.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/6/9 14:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
You have been notified you should keep an eye out for the date on the PMS guides. These are the blue {PATH map and schedule} pamplets scattered around the stations prior to when you go through the turnstiles. Also be mindful of the map legend so you no what time of day the schedule is applied to.

Posted on: 2011/5/11 2:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Does nobody remember the regular 4 routes week day service 7am to 7pm on Weekends? Hahahahaha, PATH: Jerkoffs.

Apparently they changed the time schedule in October, but no they didn't tell anyone. I kept missing late night trains by a few minutes or the trains always seemed to be leaving late -- since the WTC line was always very easy to remember half hour service on the half hour. Finally in January after the 3:30 train pulled away at 3:25 in front of my eyes I called customer service and they explained the schedule had been changed.

So yeah, Port Authority doesn't really have any accountability to PATH riders since New York doesn't care about PATH and Governor Sandwiches is more concerned with his political theater and gearing up for a presidential run than with actual public policy.

Posted on: 2011/5/10 19:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ripple wrote:
When did night time service go from a 30 minute schedule to 35? I just noticed this the other day. Was there an announcement? Is this temporary? When are our public services going to stop degrading?

When did it go from 20 to 30 minutes?? It used to be no longer than a 20 minute wait.

35 minutes is way too long, seriously. There are a ton of people on those late night trains.

Posted on: 2011/5/10 19:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
When did night time service go from a 30 minute schedule to 35? I just noticed this the other day. Was there an announcement? Is this temporary? When are our public services going to stop degrading?

Posted on: 2011/5/10 19:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
PATH alert finally listed the delay at 1:56, after we'd been sitting still in the tunnel for nearly a half-hour.

At least you got your money's worth !

Posted on: 2011/4/28 21:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
PATH alert finally listed the delay at 1:56, after we'd been sitting still in the tunnel for nearly a half-hour.

Posted on: 2011/4/28 19:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
There was a roof collapse at One Exchange Place. I don't know why that would halt PATH service, but it did.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... rous_roof_collapse_i.html

Posted on: 2011/4/28 18:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
you know, a fire truck whizzed by us at Grove, headed towards the water. I thought nothing of it and went downstairs to get on the WTC train. 40 stuck--n-the-tunnel minutes later, I'm back at Grove Street.

they suspended service, okay, it happens. but did they have to leave us on the train, a hundred yards from Grove Street, for that long?

and of course, there were few announcements, letting us know what was going on.

Posted on: 2011/4/28 18:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/8/30 8:48
Group:
Registered Users
PATH Alert received at 1:57 p.m. is below:

Due to Jersey City Fire Department activity at the Exchange Place vacinity(sic), service on the Nwk to WTC line will terminate at Grove St. The Hoboken to WTC line has also been temporarily suspended.

Posted on: 2011/4/28 18:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jmcee wrote:
I was on the PATH near Christopher St when the "signal problem" went from bad to worse, we waited in the tunnel for 20mins or so and then we were told we would all be getting off at 9th St. After fighting my way up the stairs to 6th ave I caught a D train from 4th street which only made it one stop before the doors wouldn't close causing us to leave that train and board the M train. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too funny, and you're right it did go from bad to worse. Try being stuck behind those Staten Islanders on Easter Sunday night on the GSP and the TPike it was murder.

Posted on: 2011/4/28 2:04

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/1/20 16:16
Group:
Registered Users
Register your concerns about PATH service at
PathSux

Survey Results - Over 1000 responses

Posted on: 2011/4/27 19:42

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/17 18:36
Group:
Registered Users
Man am I glad I had to be at work early today and hopped on a 730am train!

Posted on: 2011/4/27 15:17

« 1 ... 43 44 45 (46) 47 48 49 ... 60 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017