Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
161 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 161

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Downtown: Forced to open safe by brutal thugs; pal taken hostage

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/6/8 3:36
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Wow - what if the guy just happens to keep a safe in his house and he had someone in to do work who happened to see the safe? How do you so quickly jump to "drug dealer" or "thug" when you don't know much of anything? Lots of people have safes in their homes and for all you know the guy owns a legal cash business and doesn't want to (or can't) go to the bank every day.

Please don't interfere with the rocking back and forth and chanting "this doesn't happen downtown" that pathological folks on this website need to do...

Posted on: 2011/4/16 22:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
pan seared actually

Posted on: 2011/4/16 21:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Yeah, you're right. I don't really know the whole story, and I definitely don't know if the guy coming home was a thug. Truth be told, I was just making a joke. So on a serious note, I agree with you that this guy could be an honest, hard working member of society. I do find the whole thing to be a little fishy though, and the robbers more than likely were acquainted with the guy they robbed. I agree that they probably did work for this guy or knew from someone who did have access to his home. Either way, the guy had a terrible day. The whole hostage thing was stupid of these two. Kidnapping? That carries an ordinary sentence of 15-30 years for a first time offense. If the guy that they kidnapped doesn't I.D. these two, I would suspect he's an accomplice.

Uh ho you said fishy you're assuming again, was it fried or broiled ? Sometimes you have to rule out all the variables and do a little profiling like an insurance company. I agree with you Seagll I wouldn't want to see T-Bird on a jury.

Posted on: 2011/4/16 20:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, you're right. I don't really know the whole story, and I definitely don't know if the guy coming home was a thug. Truth be told, I was just making a joke. So on a serious note, I agree with you that this guy could be an honest, hard working member of society. I do find the whole thing to be a little fishy though, and the robbers more than likely were acquainted with the guy they robbed. I agree that they probably did work for this guy or knew from someone who did have access to his home. Either way, the guy had a terrible day. The whole hostage thing was stupid of these two. Kidnapping? That carries an ordinary sentence of 15-30 years for a first time offense. If the guy that they kidnapped doesn't I.D. these two, I would suspect he's an accomplice.

Posted on: 2011/4/16 19:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Wow - what if the guy just happens to keep a safe in his house and he had someone in to do work who happened to see the safe? How do you so quickly jump to "drug dealer" or "thug" when you don't know much of anything? Lots of people have safes in their homes and for all you know the guy owns a legal cash business and doesn't want to (or can't) go to the bank every day.

Posted on: 2011/4/16 19:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It sounds like these two guys returning home flunked thuggery 101! Aren't you always supposed to "watch your back", "keep one eye open", all that thug advice? The two that actually did the robbing are just as stupid. Stealing a phone and a laptop in this day and age? Don't most phones and laptops have the ability to be located using GPS? Idiots.

Posted on: 2011/4/16 19:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SICULO wrote:
Thugs robbing Thugs......OH WELL.....

I feel better now knowing that it is a thug on thug incident and not a thug on innocent.

Posted on: 2011/4/16 17:33

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/21 22:10
From West Side
Group:
Registered Users
Thugs or not, that is a bit disturbing.

Obviously, if you keep large amounts of cash in your home, you PROBABLY shouldn't let other people know you do.

Posted on: 2011/4/16 16:43

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/25 14:40
Group:
Registered Users
Thugs robbing Thugs......OH WELL.....

Posted on: 2011/4/16 13:21

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/1/19 3:01
Group:
Registered Users
Obviously a drug dealer....who has $15,000 in their house and how would they know. Lucky guess?????

Posted on: 2011/4/16 12:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/4/16 11:58

Downtown: Forced to open safe by brutal thugs; pal taken hostage
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
(This is in the Saturday print version JJ. I will give main details until it is on the net, I feel it is important to get the word out fast).

Forced to open safe by brutal thugs: pal taken hostage

By Michaelangelo Conte
Journal Staff Writer

A Downtown Jersey City man was bound with duct tape in his home and pistol whipped before being robbed of nearly $15,000 Thursday by gunmen who took the victim?s friend as a hostage, officials said yesterday.

The 28-year-old victim told police when he and his friend arrived at his Morris Street residence at 4:25 p.m. , two armed men pushed in behind them and started hitting him in the head with guns, reports said. The victim said he was told to ?Shut the (blank) up and give up the money?, while being bound with duct tape, reports said.

The robbers got the man?s safe, put it in front of him and demanded the combination while continuing to strike him, reports said. The victim complied and the robbers took $15,000 from the safe, reports said. Adding that they also took a cell phone and computer.

The gunmen left with the hostage , the victim worked himself free, the hostage has been located.

Maybe the full piece will be on the net later, or go and buy today?s print JJ.

you must buy the JJ how can you survive without it?

Posted on: 2011/4/16 11:42

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017