Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Formerly Downtown - sneaker store is reopening in the Heights on Central Avenue
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/3 10:24
Group:
Registered Users
Great Just what we need...another sneaker store. And, who are the people that missed this guy's store in the first place. I've been here for 10 years, never heard of him or his store. There's already 2 or 3 on the avenue...and they are literally ghost towns because the merch is priced way too high...in one of them...I found a lot of gray market items to boot...so who is "excited" about this anyway.

Posted on: 2011/4/13 13:54

Re: Formerly Downtown - sneaker store is reopening in the Heights on Central Avenue
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/25 17:45
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

lefty55 wrote:
Didn't you retire very dramatically yesterday?

my thoughts exactly. i guess he discovered that he truly can't resist re-titling Jersey Journal stories, attributing them to neighborhoods in some way, and posting them here.

Posted on: 2011/4/10 18:42

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/29 20:47
Group:
Registered Users
Glad you're still posting Grovepath!

Posted on: 2011/4/9 2:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/8 20:19
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Didn't you retire very dramatically yesterday?

Posted on: 2011/4/9 2:00

Formerly Downtown - sneaker store is reopening in the Heights on Central Avenue
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Sneaker king is returning to Jersey City to open new shop on Central Avenue tomorrow

Friday, April 08, 2011
By SUMMER DAWN HORTILLOSA
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Jersey City native Suraj Kaufman is coming home.

Kaufman, who ran the city's first sneaker boutique, Sneakerroom, on Brunswick Street, for two years before moving to Montclair, will open a new store called Takeover on Central Avenue tomorrow.

"I left a void in Jersey City," said Kaufman, who explained he moved to Montclair when he was unable to get a Nike account in this area. "People kept asking me, when are you coming back?"

Kaufman found a new place for a store on Central Avenue and immediately began construction.

The family-run store will sell sneakers generally priced from $70 to $200, said Kaufman, who owns over 400 pairs of sneakers.

Customers can also get custom-designed shoes, which celebrities like Swizz Beatz, Fabolous and Jay-Z have gotten from Kaufman's in-store design team before.

Some of Kaufman's friends and steady clients, including DJ Bobby Trends and DJ Spin King from HOT 97 (97.1 FM), and other celebrity guests will be at the store's opening.

Kaufman doesn't cater exclusively to the stars.

"Our customers come from so many different walks of life," said Kaufman. "We have high school kids, public service workers, cardiac surgeons, people from different ethnic backgrounds - people who might not even talk to each other when they walk down the street otherwise."

The store, located at 267 Central Ave., will open tomorrow from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. For more information, call (973) 509-0975.

Posted on: 2011/4/8 21:44

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017