Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
83 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 83

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: One of Jersey City Mayor Healy's sons arrested on domestic violence charge in Hoboken
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
I really hope they keep this story alive in the papers and it gets onto the radio as well. When Healy Sr. was arrested in Bradley Beach, press coverage of it was fairly low-key and I'm sure most people can guess why.

I doubt it. This is small potatoes compared to his father. A simple boyfriend and girlfriend spat.

Posted on: 2011/8/10 2:19

Re: One of Jersey City Mayor Healy's sons arrested on domestic violence charge in Hoboken
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
I really hope they keep this story alive in the papers and it gets onto the radio as well. When Healy Sr. was arrested in Bradley Beach, press coverage of it was fairly low-key and I'm sure most people can guess why.

Much like Steve Lipski's arrest in Pennsylvania (the one that happened before his arrest in DC), much like that cousin of Healy's who was a police officer here and killed two people while driving drunk, and so on.

Posted on: 2011/8/9 23:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/10 14:36
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
So, Healy's son's charges of drunken domestic abuse were all dismissed. But the family should enjoy the profits from their new bar. That's all that I'm saying about it. Except, WTF?

Posted on: 2011/8/9 22:55

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/12 21:26
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SICULO wrote:
The apple doesnt fall far from the tree....

I couldnt resist!!

In this case, applejack don't spill far from the still.......

Posted on: 2011/4/5 16:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City mayor's son pleads not guilty to assault charge
Published: Tuesday, April 05, 2011, 10:59 AM
The Jersey Journal By Terrence T. McDonald

One of Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy's sons pleaded not guilty to a simple assault charge in Hoboken Municipal Court this morning.

Jeremiah Healy, 34, who declined to comment, was arrested last week in Hoboken and charged with simple assault after an incident on Washington Street at 1:20 a.m. on March 31 involving a female victim.

Police have refused to release any more information about the incident, other than to say they arrived on the scene that night because a witness notified them.

Details concerning domestic-violence incidents are confidential, police say.

In a brief appearance this morning before Judge Michael A. Mongiello, Healy, dressed in a white, button-down shirt, dark blazer and khaki pants, pleaded not guilty to the simple assault charge.

Mongiello scheduled a conference for May 10 to discuss the incident with the alleged victim and the arresting officer. According to Michael Sluka, a Jersey City attorney representing Healy, the alleged victim was in the hallway outside the court chambers.

Healy, a Jersey City firefighter, was reminded not to contact the victim, as per conditions of his bail.

Sluka, in a later phone conversation, stressed that Healy has never been in trouble before.

"It's our position that he did nothing of a criminal nature that night," Sluka said.

Posted on: 2011/4/5 16:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Well this thread has degenerated off the original topic into an argument about what constitutes sarcasm. Probably a few Healy shills posting so it turns out that way, gets forced down the list of topics on JCList.com and people lose interest.

I just bumped it back up to the top. I don't have anything to add though, other than the fact that I'm tired of the double standard that Healy and his family enjoys (and not just his immediate family - lets not forget his cousin who was a cop here) with regard to the law. Double standards piss me off more than anything. That's all I have to say.

Posted on: 2011/4/5 1:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/10 14:36
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Well, the good news here is that with young Mr. Healy's job as a firefighter, his medical insurance would pay for a rehab stint as well as counseling for domestic violence. And he wouldn't have to worry about losing his job during his absence. Do it dude. You're on a nasty path.

Posted on: 2011/4/4 21:27

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/6/8 23:41
Group:
Registered Users
I don't disagree with your point of on the job morality rates. My point wasn't the rate of deaths in the public safety fields. Farmers as noble a profession as it is do not have anything to do with maintaining law and order or protect lives and property as the PD and the FD do.

I am electrician if i fall from a bucket truck or get hit by high voltage these are the guys who come get me. I don't believe in heroes. what i do believe in are guys who do a job protecting us getting paid a good wage. I don't care if they get paid 100,000 dollars a year at the end of the day its dirty dangerous work.
If you think that they are a drain on the cities budget maybe you should have a look at fraud, waste and abuse by elected officials. I would but a weeks pay that cops and fire fighters salaries are a drop in the bucket.

I don't really care for the statistics in that line of work its not a matter of how many times it happens because for these men and women it only has to happen once.

with that said I'm now over this thread PEACE!

Posted on: 2011/4/4 19:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ICidiots wrote:
I completely agree that people that are prepared to run into a burning building to save you and your families lives, and in some cases even your pets are over paid. Cops also they get paid way to much for confronting armed gang members, junkies and other degenerates. These welfare rats have been sucking at the teets of the tax payer for way to long!

I would also like to add the bankers and lawyers are way under paid and if there is any way to steer public funds towards them would be a great help in the horrible fiscal times.

Farmers. Landscapers. Fisherman. Construction workers. Loggers. Roofers. Steel workers. Industrial machine workers. Power line installers. Pilots. Truck drivers. Taxi drivers. Garbage men. Oil and gas workers and Bartenders. All have higher rates of on the job fatailites than cops. And cops are three times higher than firemen. So can the cop and fire department pay conversation be held without the hollywood "hero soundtrack" that pollutes this discussion? Cops and firemen are necessary and in some cases admirable. But constantly "in harms way"? Statistics say not really.

http://www.bls.gov/iif/oshwc/cfoi/cfoi_rates_2009hb.pdf

Posted on: 2011/4/4 18:43

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Well, you didnt do your homework I see. The Govnt did steer public funds to the Banks 2 years ago in the form of a Bail out and without any impunity for the banks. Yes, dont you just love that????
WOW you got me. I consider myself zinged! Yes i do know the mayor didn't give money money to bankers and lawyers. Its called sarcasm. I'm not sure if you ever heard about it. here is a little reading on the subject: Definition of SARCASM 1: a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain 2a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm See sarcasm defined for English-language learners ? Examples of SARCASM a voice full of sarcasm ?That was my favorite show yet this tour,? Banks says. ?I love audiences that are ambivalent.? For a second, I think he's laying on the sarcasm, until he continues. ?I really like the chance to win people over.? ?David Peisner, Spin, August 2007 ?The best part of being single,? Bryce Donovan jokes, ?is being able to choose any woman I want to shoot me down.? Such self-deprecating sarcasm is the trademark of this newsman's four-year-old weekly column ?It Beats Working? in the Charleston Post and Courier. ?People, 26 June 2006 ?But see,? I say ? ?in my line of work I'm supposed to dress in a way that makes clients feel sorry for me, or better yet superior to me. I think I accomplish that pretty well.? Paul looks over at me again with a distasteful look that might be ready to slide into sarcasm, only he doesn't know if I'm making fun of him. He says nothing. ?Richard Ford, Independence Day, (1995) 1996 [+]more[-]hide Origin of SARCASM French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to Avestan thwarəs- to cut First Known Use: 1550

Posted on: 2011/4/4 14:49

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
They do go into burning buildings. They need to ensure that building is clear of victims, that is an undisputed fact! I've seen it with my own eyes. also tell me what good is breathing apparatus if the building collapses on top of them. Do water lines really help when they are pulling mangled bodies out of car wrecks. They do allot more then sit at the station waiting for JUST fires. They also do EMT jobs, fire safety, wrecks, maintain gear so that its in good working order, and they train and drill constantly, but because YOU don't see it i guess it doesn't happen. I hear the trucks roll out of the fire house at the end of my block sometimes once an hour, some days more then that. I've seen them park the trucks get out and then alarm goes off again and off they go again. I'm also sure there are days where they go 2 or 3 maybe even 5 or 6 hours without a call. If so with that kind of work load they deserve the down time. would it make you happy if they were filling pot holes or doing crossing guard duty when not on the line.

As far as the police, in our own city 2 years ago an officer was shot in killed in a gun battle. He had both a vest and backup, and some how the magic force field that you seem to think surrounds officers wearing vests did not stop the bullet that struck and killed him.

Bullet prof vests, scott packs, water hoses, and bunker gear don't not magically stop bullets, collapses, hepatitis, knife wielding maniacs, heavily armed gang members, mentally disturbed individuals, car wrecks or anything else that goes bump in the night.

I'm sure there are a few bad apples in both of these groups of people. Just like there are at any job anywhere in the world. None of them are super humans and some of them maybe not be the most moral of persons either but it doesn't make their job any easier. Even if the cop or fireman/women is the biggest a-hole on the planet they still respond to call when called upon or ordered.
I have no problem with them or with what they get paid and I'm glad they are there. When scumbags like the michigan milita or al qaeda hit our cities who has to go into these hell holes. Think about it.

Thanks JCPD & JCFD
You have supporters out there!

Posted on: 2011/4/4 14:43

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/25 14:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ICidiots wrote:
I completely agree that people that are prepared to run into a burning building to save you and your families lives, and in some cases even your pets are over paid. Cops also they get paid way to much for confronting armed gang members, junkies and other degenerates. These welfare rats have been sucking at the teets of the tax payer for way to long!

I would also like to add the bankers and lawyers are way under paid and if there is any way to steer public funds towards them would be a great help in the horrible fiscal times.

Well, you didnt do your homework I see.
The Govnt did steer public funds to the Banks 2 years ago in the form of a Bail out and without any impunity for the banks.

Yes, dont you just love that????

Posted on: 2011/4/4 14:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ICidiots wrote:

What a load of crap - firefighters very rarely race into buildings to rescue a person, and when they do they have breathing equipment, safety clothing and back-up with fire hoses.....with all that protective gear any person would be prepared to make a rescue. Also if the fire is too serious, nobody goes into a burning building.....read the policies and procedures.

As for the cops, they have guns and vest's on and if siht hits the fan they call for back-up.....read the policies and procedures.

Don't believe everything you see on those tv shows - Personal safety is paramont for firefighters and cops.

Don't kind yourself, both services are overpaid

Posted on: 2011/4/4 12:15
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ICidiots wrote:
I completely agree that people that are prepared to run into a burning building to save you and your families lives, and in some cases even your pets are over paid. Cops also they get paid way to much for confronting armed gang members, junkies and other degenerates. These welfare rats have been sucking at the teets of the tax payer for way to long! I would also like to add the bankers and lawyers are way under paid and if there is any way to steer public funds towards them would be a great help in the horrible fiscal times.

Perhaps we should all get paid the same then we can segue into a communist run government.

Posted on: 2011/4/4 8:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ICidiots wrote:

Okay we get your sarcasm here.

My opinion is not representative of everyone else in this thread. I don't think that firefighters and police are necessarily overpaid. But what I do think is that somebody making $95,000+ who didn't pass the psychological exam and has no rank (i.e., is not at least a captain) is probably making more than most of the regular firefighters in Jersey City and surprise, surprise, probably got some kind of special treatment because of who he was related to. Just my opinion, take it for what its worth.

Posted on: 2011/4/4 4:19

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/4/4 0:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
(Two things about this piece?.One - does anyone have the name of a good cat attorney? I think that cat is going to be coming into some money real soon. Two - if Healy is insisting that no domestic violence was involved then the cops should release the information.right?)

Silence until court date for domestic violence charges against Healy's son

Saturday, April 02, 2011
By TERRENCE T. McDONALD
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

No additional information regarding Thursday's arrest of the Jersey City mayor's son will be made available to the public because the arrest resulted from a domestic dispute, Hoboken police officials said yesterday.

Jeremiah Healy, 34, a Jersey City firefighter, was arrested in Hoboken early Thursday morning and charged with simple assault and domestic violence. Police have only said that the alleged victim was female and the alleged crime occurred on Washington Street near Third Street.

On Thursday, Hoboken Sgt. Sam Williams said police were waiting to interview Healy, the alleged victim, and a witness before they released more information on the incident.

But yesterday, Police Sgt. Anthony Falco Jr. said that police are prohibited by a state executive order from releasing details about domestic violence incidents.

Hoboken police haven't always refrained from sharing information about domestic disputes. In September, police shared reports about a 49-year-old Hoboken man who allegedly beat his girlfriend with a cat and punched her in the back and head.

Asked why details of that case were shared, Falco said, "I don't have an answer for you."

Healy is scheduled to appear in Hoboken Municipal Court at 8:45 a.m. on Tuesday. He hasn't returned requests for comment, but his father, Mayor Jerramiah Healy, has said the incident involved "no domestic violence of any kind."

JJ piece?.

http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/index ... 30172551755880.xml&coll=3

buy and enjoy the JJ, a nice read

Posted on: 2011/4/4 0:26

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/4/19 18:20
Group:
Registered Users
I think all of the public workers are overpaid

Posted on: 2011/4/4 0:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JC_DowntownRegular wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Considering you don't need a degree or any formal higher education before entering in this job, plus you only need to pass a few basic written and physical tests (Healy son failed the psych. test), 95K is way over the top for a firefighter with no rank.
Their conditions are second to none and it would appear it's who you know or if a previous family member that did / do the job, do you get to have the job.

I don't condone what Healy's son did, nor am I going to debate how much firefighters should get paid, however I wouldn't call the firefighter physical exam basic. If it was so basic, everyone would be doing it to collect the salary.

Whether the physical exam is basic or not, I don't its all too common for firefighters with no rank and that failed the psychological exam to collect $95,000+ in salary. I'm guessing most firefighters in JC make a significant amount less, although overtime might push it up a bit. Now, for firefighters related to the mayor, that's another story. Double standards, as you know, are fairly common with this city's administration.

Posted on: 2011/4/3 6:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/5/24 18:45
Group:
Banned
Quote:
rbnyfan wrote: Quote:
fat-ass-bike wrote: U.S compaines are pre-occupied with one thing and one thing only..........GREED !
it's called maximizing shareholder value. if i own stock in a company, you better believe that i want my investment to have the maximum possible return

(Maximizing Shareholder Value = Creating a Fake Fraudulent Investment, Selling It To You, Betting That They Just Sold You Garbage, Cashing In On The Bet, Leaving You Holding The Garbage) Then it's time to walk away with your money laughing while blaming the teachers and unions. WAKE UP!

Posted on: 2011/4/3 6:01
>>> IT'S TOO LATE.....<<<

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rbnyfan wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

U.S compaines are pre-occupied with one thing and one thing only..........GREED !

it's called maximizing shareholder value. if i own stock in a company, you better believe that i want my investment to have the maximum possible return

Then why do some of us complain about high unemployment or low incomes - At least sharholders and business owners are happy.........screw the social and financial impact !

Posted on: 2011/4/3 1:13
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/25 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

U.S compaines are pre-occupied with one thing and one thing only..........GREED !

Posted on: 2011/4/3 0:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/18 2:23
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Considering you don't need a degree or any formal higher education before entering in this job, plus you only need to pass a few basic written and physical tests (Healy son failed the psych. test), 95K is way over the top for a firefighter with no rank.
Their conditions are second to none and it would appear it's who you know or if a previous family member that did / do the job, do you get to have the job.

I don't condone what Healy's son did, nor am I going to debate how much firefighters should get paid, however I wouldn't call the firefighter physical exam basic. If it was so basic, everyone would be doing it to collect the salary.

Posted on: 2011/4/3 0:12
- Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:
It takes 6 years to get to 95K? Some people at Goldman wait longer than that.
Yes, that is all I took from the story.

Do you realize that our own American people are out of work and suffering with low wages while foreigners are grabbing jobs and high salaries left and right. Why shouldn't a fireman make this kind of salary? Why pick on this one job when this country forgives foreign debts and sends billions of dollars over seas. This is one job of many out there I think 95k is a fine salary you make it sound as if the mayor's son does not deserve it. I don't see the logic.
whatever you're smoking, heights, sure makes you ... @#$%! ...

due, you need (deserve) a dose of ... reality!

Posted on: 2011/4/2 22:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:

Do you realize that our own American people are out of work and suffering with low wages while foreigners are grabbing jobs and high salaries left and right. Why shouldn't a fireman make this kind of salary? Why pick on this one job when this country forgives foreign debts and sends billions of dollars over seas. This is one job of many out there I think 95k is a fine salary you make it sound as if the mayor's son does not deserve it. I don't see the logic.

Under the freedom of information my hypothesis would be that there are many family and friends working in the fire department - nepotism 101

The argument of foreigns taking our jobs is crap - Most U.S companies sponsor and 'import' foreigns because they can screw them on income and if you didn't know it, more and more U.S companies are setting up abroad - namely China, India and S.E Asia.

Posted on: 2011/4/2 11:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:

Posted on: 2011/4/2 9:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Obama popped my cherry. He yanked the daisy out of my hand and crushed it under his boot heal. I no longer believe this country can be changed. The next election will be the most insufferable ever for me. A cynical corporate whore vs an even worse cynical corporate whore.

I still think it was and is wonderful that after 200 years we elected a black president, first lady and family. But man that guy has let me down with every opportunity by running as Teddy Roosevelt and governing as Barack Hussein Obush.

+1000

It's bad enough that Healy is Mayor. But at least we thought we were getting an intelligent progressive President. Instead, we are still in Iraq and Afghanistan and we are still giving tax cuts to the rich at the expense of the middle class and poor.

Posted on: 2011/4/2 4:01

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
I searched for it and figured that it was wiped off the web. The only reason I wanted it was to show my girlfriend for a laugh. Until I told her about the pic and all that has been said here about corruption she thought he was a good mayor. (And she's highly intelligent.)

Let's face it folks, most people don't follow politics anywhere near enough to know even the basic facts. Politicians the world over know this and...

Obama popped my cherry. He yanked the daisy out of my hand and crushed it under his boot heal. I no longer believe this country can be changed. The next election will be the most insufferable ever for me. A cynical corporate whore vs an even worse cynical corporate whore.

I still think it was and is wonderful that after 200 years we elected a black president, first lady and family. But man that guy has let me down with every opportunity by running as Teddy Roosevelt and governing as Barack Hussein Obush.

Change doesnt mean electing someone because of their race, creed, or gender and in the case of Barry, lets face it,what were the options, a candidate who's older than dirt and his side show dimwit ???? Come on, we're the laughing stock of the planet and we dont even see it.

This guy was an empty suit beforehand, and has proven time over that he's still an empty suit, likeable?? Yes, but that does not make a good president.

His legacy will be one of "Flip Flopping" !

Posted on: 2011/4/2 3:31

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The apple doesnt fall far from the tree....

I couldnt resist!!

Posted on: 2011/4/1 17:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
I searched for it and figured that it was wiped off the web. The only reason I wanted it was to show my girlfriend for a laugh. Until I told her about the pic and all that has been said here about corruption she thought he was a good mayor. (And she's highly intelligent.)

Let's face it folks, most people don't follow politics anywhere near enough to know even the basic facts. Politicians the world over know this and...

Posted on: 2011/4/1 17:11

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017