Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
153 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 153

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Baby Galileo
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/5 14:56
From Van Vorst
Group:
Registered Users
If you haven't heard, the public schools have a pre-k 3 and pre-k 4 program.

http://www.jcboe.org/departments/early-childhood.aspx

I think the pre-k 4 program has an advanced algebra program and an accelerated reading program there.

They pick 2 black kids, 2 asian kids, 2 hispanic kids, and 2 white kids every year to take part so the competition is fierce.

Furthermore, 'other' and Indian kids are all grouped in the "asian" category so it's a real dogfight. If your kid is 3.5 and he doesn't know his times tables up to the 12's, you better get crackin!

Posted on: 2011/4/1 17:52

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/21 20:12
Group:
Registered Users
True, Baby Galileo is a daycare, but once your child turns 2, they move over to Kiddie Galileo next to Helen's Pizza on Newark and at that location they move up from classroom to classroom based on their abilities, age, and skill level. My daughter has gone to "The Galileo's" since she was nine months old and she's now 3 years old. We love it! Sure, the building the school is located in needs some major updates, but the classrooms are clean and the staff is very dedicated, very little turnover, and my daughter's teachers from back when she was 1 still greet her by name whenever they see her. As far as the quality of education she's received, we've been blown away. She and her classmates have had homework for about a year now and she's learned about a huge variety of subjects. We have opted to keep her at Kiddie Galileo until she's ready for kindergarten rather than switch to a free Abbott school because we feel it's well worth the money. The rates are really reasonable too. Hope that helps!

Posted on: 2011/4/1 14:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
Baby Galileo is a daycare, not a preschool. I've heard postitive things about it.

Posted on: 2011/4/1 1:23

Baby Galileo

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/7 10:37
Group:
Registered Users
Hi,
Would like to know about Baby Galileo school in Grove Street area. Searching for a good preshool for my 3.5yrs old kid.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted on: 2011/3/31 1:49

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017