Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Parking ticket mistake - should I pay?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/21 20:55
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Actually You never know since there are x amount of same looking cars out there...

Yes the other Driver will get off, but why put him thru the hassle when the OP admitted to parking when he shouldn't, and it was his car that got ticketed, but he's off the hook cause the JCPA dint push the right key for his plate? The other Driver will have to call the parking authority and if I?m not mistaken when you call them, all they say is, is that your license plate, well then you have to pay.. So he would have to go to court to clear his name, but that guy wouldn?t for some 42$ ticket when he?d lose double or triple or whatever that amount calling out from work or what not?

The OP should do the right thing, and get this ticket out of the system..

Posted on: 2011/3/22 23:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sepecat wrote:
If they wrote you a ticket without the correct lc plate number, you can't be traced to it.. However that plate might be active, and the court will go after them.. So I suggest you go in and Void the ticket before someone else gets into trouble..

The make, color and model of the car with that plate details will not match, so eventually the ticket will be void - I'd do nothing and it will be a pain in the ass for JCPA to fix their mistake - It will be a good learning exercise for the officer and department because they always claim they never make mistakes !

Posted on: 2011/3/22 23:13
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/1 19:35
Group:
Registered Users
Doesn't help with Jersey City issues - but we all park in NYC from time-to-time.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/201 ... king-ticket/?ref=nyregion

Posted on: 2011/3/22 21:56

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/22 15:38
From harsimus cove
Group:
Registered Users
I have been on the other end of a typo ticket though-- the officer (in Lambertville, NJ) gave someone a ticket, and obviously entered it incorrectly because I received all of the notices and threats for non-payment. I had never been to Lambertville in my life; for that matter, that day I was in class in Philadelphia. It didn't turn in to too big of a deal, but I would feel bad inflicting the Jersey City parking chaos on someone else if it turns out to be an active license plate.

But, I also totally see the other side and how easy it would be to just not pay it.

Posted on: 2011/3/22 14:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/21 20:55
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
If they wrote you a ticket without the correct lc plate number, you can't be traced to it.. However that plate might be active, and the court will go after them.. So I suggest you go in and Void the ticket before someone else gets into trouble..

Posted on: 2011/3/22 5:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/18 2:23
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sangue_bom wrote:
Thanks for the advice everyone. One thing still concerns me, which I should've included in my first post:

On the ticket, under "Location" box, it says "OPP - XXX Jersey Ave" with the three X's my house number. My car was parked across the street, near the front of my house but...Could the "OPP" stand for Operator Parking Permit? And with that, they know who I am?

OPP means opposite, as in across the street from XXX Jersey Ave.

Posted on: 2011/3/22 0:52
- Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/30 12:56
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for the advice everyone. One thing still concerns me, which I should've included in my first post:

On the ticket, under "Location" box, it says "OPP - XXX Jersey Ave" with the three X's my house number. My car was parked across the street, near the front of my house but...Could the "OPP" stand for Operator Parking Permit? And with that, they know who I am?

Posted on: 2011/3/21 23:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
No don't pay, I would call the violations dept. or take a walk up there and show them the ticket they could probably take care if it right there. Also with the wrong number it's not yours anyway. It's only going to be tracked down to the plate number on the ticket if it even in the system.

Posted on: 2011/3/21 23:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Yup, put it in that mental folder of "little things I won". Even if you were brought to court somehow it would be dismissed as "defective". Anything wrong will result in this, assuming they aren't making up the rules as they go along. I've had that happen in Lindhurst where the cop didn't show in court and they still refused to dismiss their shaky "careless driving" ticket.

Posted on: 2011/3/21 22:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/8 20:19
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
By all means DO NOT PAY. This is nothing but a coffers filling scheme, it has nothing to do with cleaning the streets. They cannot track you by anything but your plate.

Posted on: 2011/3/21 22:13

Parking ticket mistake - should I pay?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/30 12:56
Group:
Registered Users
I got a parking ticket for a 'street cleaning' violation. But a ha! The officer mistakenly typed in a wrong letter of my license plate.

To be fair, I am the douchebag who didn't pay attention to the signs. But then again, the officer should be a bit more careful when entering license plate info.

Should I pay it? If I don't, is there any other way for the JCPA to track me down?

I could really use that $42 for more important things, like milk and toilet paper.

Thoughts?

Posted on: 2011/3/21 19:55

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017