Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

Re: Hamilton Park dogs
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Guess no one realized carpetbaggertil718 is playing with you.

Posted on: 2011/3/10 21:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

carpetbaggertil718 wrote:
....pick up some dog shit with the bag if it bothers you. WhaLah problem solved.

actually, it's voil?, in case the rest of your post wasn't making you appear ignorant enough.

Posted on: 2011/3/10 21:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users
Last Saturday afternoon I walked pass the "pet-free" zones on my way to White Star bar. I have lived in Hamilton Park since 1998 and I have to say that I never saw so many adults and children playing in the "pet-free" zones as I did this past Saturday. It was beautiful to behold. So many children were running around on the grass either kicking a soccer ball, playing catch with their parents, playing tag, etc. It was great to see the park being used for who it was intended (i.e., human beings) and not 100% as a dog run. I'd hate to think that these kids are playing in an area full of left behind dog piss and crap.

Posted on: 2011/3/10 21:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

First of all calling people pricks is extremely politically incorrect and should not be tolerated.

The rest of your post seems to be articulately addressed already, so I'll just respond to this one. Someone who deliberately takes their dog into a zone marked "Pet Free" and releases it from the leash has no consideration for law, courtesy, or the needs of anyone but themselves. Ipso facto, a prick. Jon Stewart's favored term for people of this type is "douchebag", but I feel this unfair to a hygiene tool that I hear has it's place.

Posted on: 2011/3/10 20:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/16 11:48
Group:
Registered Users
Carpetbaggertil718, there is just so much wrong with your post.
1. If your dog has a "medical issue," walk him AROUND the pet-free zone on to the non-pet free zone on a leash.
2. I'm sorry that you don't enjoy the park. A lot of people like to sit on the lawn and it would be nice to have it pee-free AND green.
3. Yes, there are lots of problems in the world. Personally, I can think about more than one problem at a time. I'm smart that way.

Posted on: 2011/3/10 19:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

did you ever consider the possibility that the poor animal had a medical issue and could not hold it until he arrived at the "dogs are allowed to shit here area?"

right, so it has to go in the pet-free zone, rather than, oh, anywhere on the sidewalk that surrounds the entire park?!

Quote:

I suggest that if you can't find anything to do other than "sit in dog pee" bring a plastic bag to put between your buttocks and the lawn. Then when you decide to do something else pick up some dog shit with the bag if it bothers you. WhaLah problem solved.

of course. because when jerks don't follow the rules, it's up to everybody else to modify their own behavior.

Quote:

There are kids going to bed hungry tonight and some people have nothing better to do than whine about a dog acting like a dog.

translation: there will always be something worse going on in the world, so don't bother making small improvements to your community.

Quote:

Gotta love it.

no, we don't.

Posted on: 2011/3/10 18:34

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/21 15:28
Group:
Registered Users
First of all calling people pricks is extremely politically incorrect and should not be tolerated. Second, did you ever consider the possibility that the poor animal had a medical issue and could not hold it until he arrived at the "dogs are allowed to shit here area?" Maybe if this irresponsible canine were given the opportunity of a proper education he would have been able to read the signs prohibiting his offensive behavior. I suggest that if you can't find anything to do other than "sit in dog pee" bring a plastic bag to put between your buttocks and the lawn. Then when you decide to do something else pick up some dog shit with the bag if it bothers you. WhaLah problem solved.

Calling the police wouldn't be a practical solution as they are hesitant to write a ticket to an overburdened taxpayer who pays their salary. In dog parlance it would be biting the hand that feeds. Not advisable.

Everybody should have these problems. There are kids going to bed hungry tonight and some people have nothing better to do than whine about a dog acting like a dog. Gotta love it.

Posted on: 2011/3/10 17:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Quote:

radryan03 wrote:
I see folks with their dogs off leash pretty late at night - 9-10pm. Not sure it matters at that point... there are no kids and maybe a total of 10 people present.

does their poop leave with them? if not, then it matters.

These pricks can't even do it in the dog permitted lawns along 8th, no, they have to have it all so the dormant grass is destroyed by spring and all that will be there is dog crap just like before. It sounds like the dog scofflaws took their game plan from the Taliban: lay low for a little while after the new regime is in, then go back to your old tricks and even vandalize the signs.

Posted on: 2011/3/10 16:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

radryan03 wrote:
I see folks with their dogs off leash pretty late at night - 9-10pm. Not sure it matters at that point... there are no kids and maybe a total of 10 people present.

does their poop leave with them? if not, then it matters.

Posted on: 2011/3/10 16:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Amy wrote:
Every evening I see people with their off-leash dogs in the pet-free zones of Hamilton Park. As a dog owner, I just don't understand this. There are two dog runs. And if you still insist on having your dog off-leash, there are areas that aren't designated pet-free. Now two of the pet-free signs have been uprooted. I have no idea who did this. I'm just wondering why we can't have a couple of pet-free zones where people can sit and enjoy the park and not have to worry about sitting in dog pee.

It's great that you behave as a responsible dog owner. It sucks that there are so many other irresponsible dog owners that thumb their noses at the rest of the neighborhood.

Posted on: 2011/3/10 16:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/5 2:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

I have been in the park plenty of times where I think some children and even a few of the adults should be on leashes.

Posted on: 2011/3/10 14:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
I walk my dog to the dog park every morning and evening and hardly ever see off leash dogs, must be my timing. The 3-4 times I saw dogs in the pet free zone I said something along the lines of "Careful, other people will get mad and yell at you." All except 1 guy went to the pet area.

As far as ticketing goes, call the cops but I wouldn't expect much. They don't ticket for people running stop signs around here they're not gonna get out of their cars and walk in the park to ticket anyone. Maybe when the weather gets nicer. OF course on the other hand the more people call on anything the more chance they may do something about it.

Posted on: 2011/3/10 1:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I saw this tonight as well and I am appalled by this selfish act. Parkman, it might be of value to refer this to law enforcement, since the city could get $$$$ by sending someone to the park to fine people who don't follow the rules. I would tremendously value this as a taxpayer, if it replenishes city coffers for a good reason for once. If people have an issue with the pet free zoning they can petition the community for a change. The individual must belong to the "Me-Me generation".

Posted on: 2011/3/9 23:26

Hamilton Park dogs
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/16 11:48
Group:
Registered Users
Every evening I see people with their off-leash dogs in the pet-free zones of Hamilton Park. As a dog owner, I just don't understand this. There are two dog runs. And if you still insist on having your dog off-leash, there are areas that aren't designated pet-free. Now two of the pet-free signs have been uprooted. I have no idea who did this. I'm just wondering why we can't have a couple of pet-free zones where people can sit and enjoy the park and not have to worry about sitting in dog pee.

Posted on: 2011/3/9 22:54

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017