Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
68 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 68

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Green House on Palisade Ave in JC Heights
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/1/12 17:03
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks.

Posted on: 2011/2/3 20:27
Jay Res

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/11/25 14:47
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
it is located on the east side of the street between bowers and south st closer to bowers.

Posted on: 2011/2/3 20:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/1/12 17:03
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
This sounds like a great addition to the Heights! I am still a little confused as to the location. Is it near Hutton Street or further down towards the Union City side?

Posted on: 2011/2/3 18:26
Jay Res

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/8 14:56
Group:
Banned
i do agree that i don't like the vinyl sidings. Its real cheap and generic but yet they are still being built more and more...smh Exactly where would this be. i remember palisades liquor but cant recall any Philippine stores. Anything added to any part of the city is great and to see it not be concentrated just on central ave is great. It good to see expansion. I just HATE the housing that developers keep deciding to build. Does anyone know a time frame of when it might open

Posted on: 2011/2/3 7:01

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/19 20:33
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
This is *excellent* news. The owner is smart. Can't wait to see how it all comes together... we've lived in the Heights for 5 years, and we're getting a little tired of scheduling occasional trips down to Basic Foods in Hoboken (a great place, but not exactly convenient).

Posted on: 2011/2/3 1:58
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kitten wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
If the Port Authority did what makes sense, and extended the Hoboken-bound PATH lines the extra half mile to JC Heights, the Heights would absolutely explode.

Unfortunately, it will never happen.

I like the Heights. There's just nothing really to do up there. Which is why it's popular with families I guess.

Dude, why do you ALWAYS have to diss the Heights! There is plenty to do up here! We got 3 awesome parks, we are walking distance to Hoboken, we have some really great restaurants, a pool, an ice skating rink, there are direct buses to Port Authority, and more and more small businesses are giving the Heights a chance. Stop hating on us, Tommy!

LOL, seriously? I literally said in my post "I like the Heights", and you're accusing me of "dissing" the Heights?!

I don't think I've ever said anything overly negative about the Heights...? I think once (years ago?) I said that I don't find the housing stock (vinyl/aluminum siding) in the Heights to be very attractive.

I root for the Heights, and I quite like Central Ave, and I wish Downtown had something like Central Ave. In a recent post, I gave some love to the Heights.

Posted on: 2011/2/3 0:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/21 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
If the Port Authority did what makes sense, and extended the Hoboken-bound PATH lines the extra half mile to JC Heights, the Heights would absolutely explode.

I like the Heights. There's just nothing really to do up there. Which is why it's popular with families I guess.

Dude, why do you ALWAYS have to diss the Heights! There is plenty to do up here! We got 3 awesome parks, we are walking distance to Hoboken, we have some really great restaurants, a pool, an ice skating rink, there are direct buses to Port Authority, and more and more small businesses are giving the Heights a chance. Stop hating on us, Tommy!

Posted on: 2011/2/2 21:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/2/2 21:41

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/1 21:10
From New York Avenue, Heights
Group:
Registered Users
This is Exciting!! Yeah, our neighborhood is coming around! Yeah!! Does anyone know when this is opening?

Posted on: 2011/2/2 21:29

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/11/25 14:47
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
it should be a great addition to the neighborhood. the owner has explained that it will be a 3 floor space. 1st floor is the green market. 2nd floor he's hoping to have eating space and the 3rd floor as an artist space where art work will be displayed and used for artist events.

Posted on: 2011/2/2 20:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/21 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
I noticed that someone is opening a natural foods supermarket on Palisade Avenue in that old Philipino store - any info? I think this should help the neighborhood.

Yes! For more information talk to the guy at Palisade Liquors... he's the owner. I think this will be a FANTASTIC addition to our awesome neighborhood.

Posted on: 2011/2/2 20:45

Green House on Palisade Ave in JC Heights
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
I noticed that someone is opening a natural foods supermarket on Palisade Avenue in that old Philipino store - any info? I think this should help the neighborhood.

Posted on: 2011/2/2 20:28

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017