Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Trash build-up in and around Van Vorst Park
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/12/1 20:58
Group:
Registered Users
...too many variables for any opinion to be more than conjecture (less people, less dogs? it was emptied before the snow and VV wasn't, etc.), however, pretty sure that City sanitation workers handle the public trash cans ... and, they also plow the streets.

Posted on: 2011/1/30 20:49

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/25 17:23
Group:
Registered Users
Yea why is Hamilton Dog run and its trash overflow so much better contained than Van Vorst?

Posted on: 2011/1/30 20:25

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/12/1 20:58
Group:
Registered Users
The sanitation workers who plow also pick up our trash. There has been no trash pick up since last Sunday anywhere around Van Vorst area. Residents' garbage is just piled in the street, buried under snow. Ten new garbage bags are piled on top of the new snow. We have a double layer of garbage literally all around the sidewalks and walkways.

Will there be trash pick up tonight? Anyone know?

Posted on: 2011/1/30 18:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/10 4:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

daedalus702 wrote:
Why is trash overflowing in various public garbage cans in and around Van Vorst Park?

In the Van Vorst Park dog area, the trash can was overflowing with canine feces last week. Finally, I saw two people, who I believe were city workers, cleaning it out. However, the way it was being cleaned out was very strange to me. One man stood holding a garbage bag open, while the other picked out each bag of feces individually and dropped it in the bag. Are there not more efficient ways to empty trash cans?

Agreed.

The maintenance man who cleaned out those garbage cans definitely drew the short straw that day. If an extra garbage bag or two were left in the run, perhaps some dog owners could help. Not a pleasant task to say the least.

I am not totally sure what the clean up crews have been doing lately, but the overflow started when the snow piled up in the park.

Posted on: 2011/1/29 23:22

Trash build-up in and around Van Vorst Park

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/3 1:52
Group:
Registered Users
Why is trash overflowing in various public garbage cans in and around Van Vorst Park?

In the Van Vorst Park dog area, the trash can was overflowing with canine feces last week. Finally, I saw two people, who I believe were city workers, cleaning it out. However, the way it was being cleaned out was very strange to me. One man stood holding a garbage bag open, while the other picked out each bag of feces individually and dropped it in the bag. Are there not more efficient ways to empty trash cans?

Posted on: 2011/1/29 16:50

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017