Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City announces plans to rehire 30 'Second Chancers'
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Give them shovels and get them out in Hamilton Park!!

Posted on: 2011/1/6 16:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
Well, all of the jobs you mentioned come out of JC taxes. This money is coming from a grant and I'm fine with that. Apples and Oranges.

Posted on: 2011/1/6 15:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/10 4:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Diogenes2013 wrote:
By Brett Wilshe/The Jersey Journal

Mayor Jerramiah Healy and state Sen. Sandra B. Cunningham announced today that the Jersey City Incinerator Authority plans to rehire 30 Second Chance employees thanks to a $310,000 New Jersey Community Service Block Grant.

The Second Chance program hires individuals with non-violent criminal records.

In September, 42 Second-Chance employees in the city were laid off when state funding for the city's Urban Enterprise Zone was cut.

JCIA CEO Oren K. Dabney said those laid-off employees would have first preference to be rehired.

"I've seen peoples lives changed through the Second Chance program," Dabney said. "Some of our best full-time employees came from it.

Healy thanked Senator Cunningham for securing the state grant, saying in a press release that it would provide both jobs and valuable services to the city.

"When I saw the opportunity to secure funds for this program in Jersey City I did not hesitate," Cunningham said in a statement. "I am proud to say that Jersey City will once again have an active Second Chance program."

Crews are expected to work weekdays, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., performing various chores such as picking up litter and shoveling snow, Dabney said.

Second Chance was started in 2001 by Cunningham's late husband, Glenn D. Cunningham, when he was Jersey City mayor.

What a freakin joke !!! Layoff cops, furlough and ultimately layoff long time law-abiding City employees !! The Cunningham JCIA patronage mill continues unabated while our moron Mayor applauds like a trained seal !!

Fulop 2013 !!!

Securing a grant is different from the legitimate frustration that you express. Fulop ... definitely.

Posted on: 2011/1/6 15:28

Jersey City announces plans to rehire 30 'Second Chancers'
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/22 3:26
Group:
Registered Users
By Brett Wilshe/The Jersey Journal

Mayor Jerramiah Healy and state Sen. Sandra B. Cunningham announced today that the Jersey City Incinerator Authority plans to rehire 30 Second Chance employees thanks to a $310,000 New Jersey Community Service Block Grant.

The Second Chance program hires individuals with non-violent criminal records.

In September, 42 Second-Chance employees in the city were laid off when state funding for the city's Urban Enterprise Zone was cut.

JCIA CEO Oren K. Dabney said those laid-off employees would have first preference to be rehired.

"I've seen peoples lives changed through the Second Chance program," Dabney said. "Some of our best full-time employees came from it.

Healy thanked Senator Cunningham for securing the state grant, saying in a press release that it would provide both jobs and valuable services to the city.

"When I saw the opportunity to secure funds for this program in Jersey City I did not hesitate," Cunningham said in a statement. "I am proud to say that Jersey City will once again have an active Second Chance program."

Crews are expected to work weekdays, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., performing various chores such as picking up litter and shoveling snow, Dabney said.

Second Chance was started in 2001 by Cunningham's late husband, Glenn D. Cunningham, when he was Jersey City mayor.

What a freakin joke !!! Layoff cops, furlough and ultimately layoff long time law-abiding City employees !! The Cunningham JCIA patronage mill continues unabated while our moron Mayor applauds like a trained seal !!

Fulop 2013 !!!

Posted on: 2011/1/6 3:02

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017