Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
94 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 94

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8)

Re: JCPD cutbacks

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/3 4:20
Group:
Registered Users
At one time the Healy administration had aspirations to go to a 1,000 man police department. Now they want to go to a department in the 600's or so. Wait until the census figures come out and we learn that JC is now the most populous city in the state. Now they want to lay off young cops who make the least and probably work the hardest. Let's not forget what you will do for morale. Oh, I know the general public will cry who cares about morale, but it does mean alot. Let's not also forget that if you do lay off those officers that when they finally are brought back you may have ruined an exceptional employee. As for the supervisors, despite what people think supervision is quite necessary and in the last year it seems that an ample amount have retired and come off the city's payroll. Despite the public and taxpayer hatred for the police, let me clue you in on something.......they are necessary. Do not hate and despise them for doing a job that many would not want to and do realize that when things were better with the economy no one cared. Many older veterans took the job when the pay was not very good. Now the pay is a lot better (rightfully so) and everyone wants to crucify them. The people you should be mad at are the politicians who mismanage your taxpayer money. The police had a pension system which was among the best in the nation at one time until the politicians raided the system to help the general public, but where is the taxpayer thanks for that. That pension system is contributed to by the police at a greater percentage than the public seems to know. So go on crying and complaining and not caring about the loss of police on the streets. Those streets may soon look like the streets in the "Walking Dead" television series.

Posted on: 2010/11/22 14:57

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/9 14:18
Group:
Registered Users
I checked out the civil service web site. You can't layoff from the top. You have to start with the bottom, so laying off the highest apid guys isn't going to happen. What they should do is down size dept. that do similar work. How about the parking authority, why do we need so many, what do they really do. A cop can write a parking ticket. Every time I needed a car moved from my driveway they would send the parking authority, and when it needed to be towed they would call the police. So why are they around again.

Posted on: 2010/11/21 15:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
The mayor of San Diego seems to be on the right track to solve the pension problem: http://www.voiceofsandiego.org/govern ... df-89ec-001cc4c03286.html As time runs down in San Diego Mayor Jerry Sanders' tenure, his proposals to solve the city's financial crisis are becoming more drastic. This summer, he embraced a tax hike. Friday, he proposed 401(k)-style retirement accounts for most new city employees, and in turn, eliminating their pensions. Staring him and everyone else in the face is a $70 million-plus ongoing deficit, one that neither a tax increase or a pension elimination will fix. The tax hike won't work because voters said no.

Posted on: 2010/11/21 14:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/15 3:35
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
This is interesting. I just watched the news tonight (Sat) and they had this whole things about Newark laying off like 200 or so cops.

The Mayor, Corey Booker, asked that the Police Union go back to the table and renegotiate their contracts.

The UNION is saying no. So there will BE layoffs.

Honestly, here in JC, I think we should offer the same... negotiate with the UNION...

BUT THEN LAY OFF THE TOP BRASS.... Lay off those who sit behind a desk.

Lets spare the newbies... lets spare the middle... lets cut those who make over 100K.

Cut the top brass, and we could replenish the JCPD...

Just be sure not to give away the farm like they did previously.

I think we can get cuts here and at the fire department.

Start with Pensions. Start with sick days... carry over vacations.

I was able to negotiate 3 weeks vacation just recently. However I don't get to carry it over.

ITS USE IT OR LOOSE IT.

And if I really try to use it, I could Loose my job.

BACK TO REALITY UNION FOLKS. And this includes you at JCIA...

You were supposed to be at Hamilton Park TODAY from 12 to 3 at 9th ave. YOU MISSED IT. YOU'RE FIRED.

I was there at 1:40. You were not.

FG

Posted on: 2010/11/21 5:21

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/21 15:28
Group:
Registered Users
You're right. Most of them are already gone but there will always be a few clingons. I am not kidding when I tell you that things are going to get bad real fast. They're laying off the entire evening tour citywide. The people need to get on Healy's ass and stop this. Like cops or hate them, its gonna be a different world. I wasn't even thinking about the savages from Newark that are going to take advantage of less manpower. They are outright vicious. Healy and that quadruple dipping BA think they can swing this by just shifting cops around. Good luck. Disbanding the Narcotics squad is just sheer stupidity. I work patrol and have no interest in that but believe me them guys work hard. The "war on drugs" is a total failure benefitting only the prison industry and it can never be won. However, having them guys out on the street making the amount of arrests they do at least keeps the dealers heads down. Good luck.

Posted on: 2010/11/21 4:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

carpetbaggertil718 wrote:
The sick thing about this is that Healy can cut alot of political hacks and do away with alot of useless deputy's and save these cops but thats not even on the radar. Next time you see a patrol cop ask him what exactly does the directors office do. I'm serious. I've been around a long time and have no clue at all. No one does. Once a month his office puts out a bullshit newsletter usually containing information about the JCPD from the 1930's that means nothing. Know why the vast majority of cops move out? Because we see what really goes on not just what the Jersey Journal reports. They lay these cops off and the city will get more dangerous. Most of the people who live downtown weren't here in the early 90"s when open air drug markets and rampant street violence were the norm. Think Queen Viola is gonna sit back and let her precious hood go back to that? No she's gonna demand and get more cops to keep the worst areas of the city from blowing up. Guess where their gonna pull them cops from? Thats right the East. Alot of people on this board think that every cop is good for nothing and we should make thirty thousand a year. When that district is running on skeleton crews and the animals from the hill realize its easy pickings where the people with the good stuff live you will want the cops back. Demand that city hall looks for cuts everywhere else before cutting cops or you will see what the good old days were like. This job is about to get real exciting again. Good for me bad for you.

So now you want to use scare tactics? Sorry, I've had 8 people put away in the downtown area and half the time I was treated unprofessionally by the officers. They seemed to have a sliding scale for which crimes were important. In each of my 8 arrests it was for theft or burglary. I usually respect officers and have had cops in my family but that respect must be earned. Now you want to pull this scare tactic crap. Message received, I'll buy a gun.

Posted on: 2010/11/21 4:08

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/22 3:26
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

carpetbaggertil718 wrote:
The sick thing about this is that Healy can cut alot of political hacks and do away with alot of useless deputy's and save these cops but thats not even on the radar.

Agreed. One thing they could eliminate is these retired cops who are hired back as civilians and now double dip. Nice pensions plus a salary.

Posted on: 2010/11/21 1:39

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/21 15:28
Group:
Registered Users
The sick thing about this is that Healy can cut alot of political hacks and do away with alot of useless deputy's and save these cops but thats not even on the radar. Next time you see a patrol cop ask him what exactly does the directors office do. I'm serious. I've been around a long time and have no clue at all. No one does. Once a month his office puts out a bullshit newsletter usually containing information about the JCPD from the 1930's that means nothing. Know why the vast majority of cops move out? Because we see what really goes on not just what the Jersey Journal reports. They lay these cops off and the city will get more dangerous. Most of the people who live downtown weren't here in the early 90"s when open air drug markets and rampant street violence were the norm. Think Queen Viola is gonna sit back and let her precious hood go back to that? No she's gonna demand and get more cops to keep the worst areas of the city from blowing up. Guess where their gonna pull them cops from? Thats right the East. Alot of people on this board think that every cop is good for nothing and we should make thirty thousand a year. When that district is running on skeleton crews and the animals from the hill realize its easy pickings where the people with the good stuff live you will want the cops back. Demand that city hall looks for cuts everywhere else before cutting cops or you will see what the good old days were like. This job is about to get real exciting again. Good for me bad for you.

Posted on: 2010/11/21 0:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
I bet there are lots of people who would like to be a police officer in Jersey City. Instead of letting more people take a piece of the pie, they are laying officers off to keep higher salaries for a few. Nice public service police brass!

Posted on: 2010/11/20 21:03

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/9 14:18
Group:
Registered Users
I was reading an article from last week. A man was attacked by a group of 5 or 6 guys on Bidwell and MLK Dr. and his car was taken. Within 15 minutes the police caught 4 of them and got the guys car back. Do you think this will happen if they layoff 80 cops.

Think again.

Posted on: 2010/11/20 20:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
well, if the city can't raise enough revenue to pay for all the police, this is what happens. Idiots always say cut this and cut that, but don't really look at the long term consequences.

Posted on: 2010/11/20 19:47

Jersey City Police Department lay offs and budget cuts
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/17 19:38
Group:
Registered Users
I was at the 7th Street precinct yesterday and talking with a bunch of the officers there. Apparently (and forgive me if this is old news) the city is laying off 80 officers in Jersey City, 25 of which normally patrol downtown.

I guess the crime rate is so low, they can afford to take 25 officers from our neighborhood.

Posted on: 2010/11/20 19:06

Edited by Webmaster on 2010/12/2 0:58:32

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017