Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
127 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 127

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Councilman Steven Fulop ordinance to eliminate part-time commissioners' health benefits - defeated
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/9 2:01
Group:
Registered Users
Cut cops but not these benefits...yea, that makes sense...

Posted on: 2010/11/20 15:16

Re: Councilman Steven Fulop ordinance to eliminate part-time commissioners' health benefits - defeated
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/30 15:01
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
"My question is how do we, the taxpayers, who he fights so hard for, give him what he needs to win. What can we do to help?"

There are lots of answers, some of which are here:
http://stevenfulop.com/

Posted on: 2010/11/13 19:20

Re: City council dismisses Healy-backed ordinances for part-time commissioners' health benefits
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
ECH wrote: Quote:
Webmaster wrote:
This fool can bellow, scream, and threaten lawsuits all he wants. None of that will matter if / when this city goes into Chapter 9 bankruptcy. Unless he and his fellow union leaders do something to help guarantee the solvency of the health and pension plan.. he and the people he represents will end up with nothing.

Posted on: 2010/11/13 19:20

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/26 0:49
Group:
Registered Users
I'm really proud of Steven Fulop for continuing to fight, against the odds, for the taxpayers of Jersey City. When I hear him speak I really believe that Jersey City can shake its corrupt past, let go of the union hand holding and dismiss the cronyism that infects this greaty city.

Then, the other members of the City Council speak and I lose hope. Protecting the status quo is a sure path to economic ruin. Municipalities all over the country continue to realize the status quo is unsustainable and hard decisions have to be made, why can't ours. Leadership means doing what is sometimes hard and unpopular. We need leaders who are brave enough and have the courage to make those decisions.

I guess I see that in Fulop. However, he can't do it alone. Reintroducing cost saving ordinances that are easily defeated every 6 months by a zombie-like City Council seems a little Quixotic.

My question is how do we, the taxpayers, who he fights so hard for, give him what he needs to win. What can we do to help?

Posted on: 2010/11/13 19:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/20 16:31
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Obviously Fulop's point went right over their heads. They fell back on the old tactic of banging on things and screaming. Back in the 70's in East Orange we called this "getting all loud and sh*t". It's frightening to think that these guys would be responsible for someone elses life. The post-9-11-01 era has been a boon for these guys. Now they are all "heroes" and "first responders" and thus milk it to no end. While I can respect the jobs they do (or are supposed to do) where I live the cops are rarely responsive in a positive manner. They appear simply to be biding their time till they can start getting a pension.

Oh, god: you are sooo on target.
I personally am thoroughly sick of this 9/11
pandering. But that's just me.
Fulop reasons but these goons can only bellow.
It's apples and oranges around here.
The disparity in quality of mentation is just
too obvious.
Some of these "leaders" make one wonder
whether they hold even junior high degrees.

Posted on: 2010/11/13 18:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Obviously Fulop's point went right over their heads. They fell back on the old tactic of banging on things and screaming. Back in the 70's in East Orange we called this "getting all loud and sh*t". It's frightening to think that these guys would be responsible for someone elses life. The post-9-11-01 era has been a boon for these guys. Now they are all "heroes" and "first responders" and thus milk it to no end. While I can respect the jobs they do (or are supposed to do) where I live the cops are rarely responsive in a positive manner. They appear simply to be biding their time till they can start getting a pension.

Posted on: 2010/11/13 14:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
The union heads could not care less what JC residents think about them. They do not live here and neither do most of the members they represent. If they did not bellow like seals, they would be seen as not doing their jobs.

Posted on: 2010/11/12 19:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
And Fulop has their pants around their ankles once again!

Can we also presume neither of those aptly described "bellowing bull seals" actually live in JC? For most of those uniforms we're nothing but a tit to suck dry.

Posted on: 2010/11/12 19:41

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/30 15:01
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Couldn't agree more, ECH. Krajnik in particular is an embarrassment. As a new Jersey City resident, I witnessed his performance on Wednesday for the first time.

Posted on: 2010/11/12 18:44

Re: City council dismisses Healy-backed ordinances for part-time commissioners' health benefits
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/20 16:31
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Webmaster wrote:
Councilman Fulop sooo outclasses these union goons and thugs. Those hooting and hollering bull seals make us ashamed, for their sakes. Times for these dumbells to go.

Posted on: 2010/11/12 17:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City councilman says he won't give up fight to strip part-time members of boards of their health care coverage as cost-cutting measure Friday, November 12, 2010 By MELISSA HAYES JOURNAL STAFF WRITER Downtown Jersey City Councilman Steven Fulop has pledged to keep trying to pass measures that would cut benefits for members of part-time boards and put the city seal on city-owned vehicles, even though it will take six more months. Fulop tried unsuccessfully to reintroduce three ordinances at Wednesday's meeting. One would eliminate health benefits for the Jersey City Incinerator Authority board, one would eliminate benefits for the Municipal Utilities Authority board, and one would place the city seal on city vehicles, particularly those driven by council members and select city workers who are allowed to take the cars home. "The JCIA, MUA and cars are an example of the hypocrisy that got us in this mess," Fulop said. "On one hand we need to cut the low-level workers, but at the same time protect the nonsense benefits and free cars they give to friends. I will be back again." The cars measure failed, 7-1, with Fulop as the sole supporter. Ward B Councilman David Donnelly was absent. The benefits measures were defeated 5-3, with Fulop, Ward F Councilwoman Viola Richardson, who supported them last time, and Councilwoman at large Willie Flood voting yes. Ward A Councilman Michael Sottolano noted that earlier this year the council voted to make JCIA and MUA board members pay 20 percent of their health care premiums.Quote:
Webmaster wrote:

Posted on: 2010/11/12 17:29

Webmaster
Webmaster

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/25 12:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Webmasters

Posted on: 2010/11/11 9:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/19 22:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
stepanstas wrote: Steve Gold took great shots. I saw him getting a shot of just about everything that goes on. Classic. Resized Image
by Charon on 2010/3/14 0:10:12 Tayari looks like he's freaking comatose !!! What a disgrace !!!
Make Sleep-glasses! - More bloopers are a click away Here's a TIP for Tayari. Just saying...

Posted on: 2010/3/15 1:57
I am a rock, I am an Island... and a rock feels no pain and an island never cries...Simon & Garfunkle

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/19 22:46
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you Webmaster! Excellence!

You see? I told you along time ago, you couldn't make this stuff up.

Expensive lawyers as advisors to manipulate the law.

Look carefully at who is selected to be on these boards.

I know of one board member who served on a city agency, at some given time, who was the wife of a council member, who no longer serves because he was voted out, and replaced with the one they said was "wet behind the ears".

Nepotism.

Shameful.

Even when the community IS mining the store, they continue with their shananigans!

Don't be fooled come next election. They'll throw turkeys at ya, feed you parades... and what not...

Posted on: 2010/3/15 1:16
I am a rock, I am an Island... and a rock feels no pain and an island never cries...Simon & Garfunkle

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/20 23:45
From gone
Group:
Registered Users
Looks like we should all enclose that photo with a letter to the mayor and each council member to ask why that person is taking home over $100,000 of our money every year.

Posted on: 2010/3/14 6:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/14 6:40
Group:
Registered Users
Steve Gold took great shots. I saw him getting a shot of just about everything that goes on.

Classic.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2010/3/14 5:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/22 3:11
Group:
Registered Users
Tayari looks like he's freaking comatose !!! What a disgrace !!!

Posted on: 2010/3/14 5:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

West wrote:
Quote:

Reece wrote:
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:

There is a nice subplot of Sleeping Tayari

$105,000 a year. To sleep.

What an interesting org chart it would be.

Starting with Mayor Healy, drunk and naked, outdoors on his steps and that Bradley beach incident.

Deputy Mayor Tayari, sleeping at meetings and charged with theft of a rental car

Deptuy Mayor Beldini, stripper charged with 2 counts accepting bribes

City Council: Vega, indicted; Gaughan and Flood giving jobs to family members; Lopez, ran as a resident of Florida.

Let us not forget past Councilman Lipski pissing on a nightclub crowd. And from there on down the food chain. It would go on and on.

Don't forget to add former Deputy Mayor Ador Equipado, who was charging money for phone services while he was marrying people.

And Phil Kenny and Guy Catrillo - also members of "Team Healy." Both already pleaded guilty to the Dwek business. In fact - Catrillo leaves for the big house Monday.

Posted on: 2010/3/14 3:02

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/22 0:05
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Council Report: Budget Brouhaha Continues, Elections Move Denied and More

By Shane Smith ? Mar 12th, 2010

Although this Wednesday?s council meeting was not as packed as the last two were, a relatively large crowd of about 200 were present in council chambers for at least part of the five-hour proceeding as the council considered nine first-read ordinances, 13 second reads and 27 resolutions.

And even though most of the legislation on Wednesday?s agenda was not directly related to the budget, that was the very thing most of those who addressed the council were focused on. Many more community members than usual approached the podium to speak to the council on a number of controversial second read ordinances, quite a few of them more than once. All council members were present to vote on the ordinances, although Ward E councilman Steven Fulop arrived late; At-Large councilwoman Willie Flood left during the public hearing portion of the meeting and did not cast votes on any resolutions.

the report continues:
http://www.jerseycityindependent.com/ ... ons-move-denied-and-more/

photo outtakes:
http://www.jerseycityindependent.com/ ... -city-council-outtakes-3/

Posted on: 2010/3/13 15:04

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/7/31 0:26
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Reece wrote:
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:

Starting with Mayor Healy, drunk and naked, outdoors on his steps and that Bradley beach incident.

Deputy Mayor Tayari, sleeping at meetings and charged with theft of a rental car

City Council: Vega, indicted; Gaughan and Flood giving jobs to family members; Lopez, ran as a resident of Florida.

Let us not forget past Councilman Lipski pissing on a nightclub crowd. And from there on down the food chain. It would go on and on.

Don't forget to add former Deputy Mayor Ador Equipado, who was charging money for phone services while he was marrying people.

http://www.filipinoexpress.com/21/03_news.html

Resized Image

Posted on: 2010/3/13 14:38

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/11 21:45
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:

Posted on: 2010/3/13 13:00

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/7/31 0:26
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

downright wrote:
Quote:
Great editing Webmaestro! There is a nice subplot of Sleeping Tayari in here - at the 13:52 mark, when Esther comes on, there is a twelve second shot of Kabili sound asleep in the distance. $105,000 a year. To sleep. It ain't an official city meeting unless Kabili is sleeping.

Jesus christ. I feel like I'm living in the twilight zone with what goes on in this city. So sick.

Oh and check out 11:58. That's a good one.

What a joke. If you told anyone about it, they wouldn't believe it.

Thank you Webmaster, that shot is priceless.

Posted on: 2010/3/13 1:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Wow, i missed 11:58 the first time i watched it. Thats even better.

Check out 2:05 too.

Posted on: 2010/3/12 17:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/9 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
How is Tayari permitted to sleep like that in the meeting. Why is no one calling him on it!!! Does he even realize how foolish he looks? Seriously, has anyone ever called him out on the sleeping???

Posted on: 2010/3/12 17:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 16:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Great editing Webmaestro! There is a nice subplot of Sleeping Tayari in here - at the 13:52 mark, when Esther comes on, there is a twelve second shot of Kabili sound asleep in the distance. $105,000 a year. To sleep. It ain't an official city meeting unless Kabili is sleeping.

Jesus christ. I feel like I'm living in the twilight zone with what goes on in this city. So sick.

Oh and check out 11:58. That's a good one.

Posted on: 2010/3/12 17:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Great editing Webmaestro! There is a nice subplot of Sleeping Tayari in here - at the 13:52 mark, when Esther comes on, there is a twelve second shot of Kabili sound asleep in the distance.

$105,000 a year. To sleep. It ain't an official city meeting unless Kabili is sleeping.

Posted on: 2010/3/12 17:16

Webmaster
Webmaster

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/25 12:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Webmasters

Posted on: 2010/3/12 16:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Thanks for finding that clip! Great theater.

I really enjoyed some of the questioning last night - especially Teresa Patterson asking Gaughan and Flood about their nepots on the MUA and JCIA boards followed by the comment about talking to Willie while she's driving around the neighborhood in her city car on Sundays. The gloves are off.

Yea, i don't know how she could look Teresa in the face and say she doesn't use that car. When your busted, just come clean. I guess the only correction might be that it's not a city car, its county, i think. Same difference, tax dollars.

We should really start taking pictures of our elected representatives and our vehicles.

Posted on: 2010/3/12 0:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for finding that clip! Great theater.

I really enjoyed some of the questioning last night - especially Teresa Patterson asking Gaughan and Flood about their nepots on the MUA and JCIA boards followed by the comment about talking to Willie while she's driving around the neighborhood in her city car on Sundays. The gloves are off.

Posted on: 2010/3/11 15:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/3 6:32
Group:
Registered Users
What a piece of S**T she and her son is. Healy and his team are lowlifes too.

Quote:

stepanstas wrote:
Quote:

Eleanor_A wrote:
Very sickening, especially after getting caught getting her son on the city's payroll.

Anyone have that "Shame on You" clip?

Yea

I found it really nasty the way Flood "answered" to voters this meeting. It took her practically 5 min and a talk with her pals to say "Mr. Fulop is not here".

Posted on: 2010/3/11 15:32

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017