Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City Artists Studio Tour 2010
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/6 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
I felt that, relative to previous years, there was less to see in 2010. (And no refreshments at the sites - I used to eat my way across JC). That being said, I covered a lot of ground. I liked the crafts mafia far at Arthouse and the display at the Beacon the best.

Posted on: 2010/10/5 12:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
I thought the Pershing Field Veterns Memorial building made a great venue for the arts show. There was an array of interesting art and photography inside. The cat scenes were a kink. I especially like the rock band outside the building greeting everyone with some great tunes.

Posted on: 2010/10/4 23:54

Re: Jersey City Art Fair at The Beacon
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/14 17:57
From McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

eckster wrote:
Did anyone go?

This was a very poorly publicized event.

Thousands of people went.
There could always be more publicity, but if you want to see art in Jersey City, its not hard.

Posted on: 2010/10/4 19:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/18 16:12
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
We enjoyed all the stops we made. Initially, I was annoyed I couldn't find a map on the Pro Arts website but it wasn't a problem as each of the artists had print maps for distribution. Once you hit one, you had the list of other participants.

Kudos to all the participants and event organizers. You are a credit to Jersey City! I can't wait till next year's Studio Tour!

Posted on: 2010/10/4 16:59

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/6 20:25
Group:
Registered Users
Did anyone go?

This was a very poorly publicized event.

Posted on: 2010/10/4 15:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/14 17:57
From McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Uptown Crew presents "My Ancestors Were Beautify," an exhibit of paintings by African American UPtown artist Joe Gilmore. Inspired by the artist's January 2010 trip to West Africa, this moving body of work shows Gilmore's ancestors as dignified and decked out, simply beautiful, such as they were likely never seen during their lives.

Gallery Hours: Saturday and Sunday, October 2 and 3, 12noon to 6pm

SATURDAY NIGHT - Don't miss the Dancing-On-the-Head-of-a-Pin PARTY with DJ Neva. Refreshments to be hand.

Don't miss it.

Cheers to the arts in ALL THE NEIGHBORHOODS of Jersey City.

Posted on: 2010/10/2 3:41

Jersey City Art Fair at The Beacon
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/7 19:50
Group:
Registered Users
The Tour will also have a stop at The Beacon. This time around, the art installations will be set in the restored loft building, The Mercury, which is the next phase of the development. A really great venue for the event.

Shuttle service from downtown will be available for all those interested. Hope everyone can come!

http://www.universechild.net/jcartfair.html

www.victoryartsprojects.org

Montgomery St. at Mill Rd. JC NJ 07304

Join Victory Arts Projects, the Jersey City Museum, and the Jersey City Cultural Affairs Office for the second Jersey City Art Fair at the Beacon. This event will feature hundreds of cutting-edge artworks from over 40 Jersey City artists which will be on view and on sale throughout the 2010 Jersey City Artists' Studio Tour weekend on October 2nd and 3rd, 2010.

Hours :Noon to 6pm

Free Shuttles to the Beacon available from Grove St and Exchange Place PATH Stations

Featuring exceptional artwork by some of the city's most respected artists including the nationally and internationally renowned as well as cutting-edge newcomers.

The Jersey City Art Fair promises to be a wonderful opportunity for art lovers as well as serious art collectors, allowing them to both discover new developments in contemporary art and experience rare museum-caliber artworks.

Visitors can also experience the Art-Deco atmosphere of the newly restored towers that were a showpiece of Jersey City architecture since the first half of the 20th century. The classic structure is a wonderful setting for this creative visual festival.

Artists include: Roslyn Rose, Elizabeth Onorato, Jessica Smith,

E. Jan Kounitz, Peggy McGeary, Martina Solej Edward Fausty,

Liz Cohen, Stephen Cimini, Kay Kenny, Loura van der Meule,

Maggie Ens, Nisha Drinkard, William Stamos, Ibou Ndoye, Kim Wiseman, Eileen Ferara, Bonnie Gloris, Christine Barney, Emily Helck,

Dana Gannon, Iris Kufert-Rivo, Bud McNichol, Matt Miller, Jen Parisio, David Rios Ferreira, Phil Pellicane, Demetrio Alfonso, Sharon Sinton,

Habib Ayat, Mike Markman, Graham Mcnamara, Geraldine A. Gaines, Jill Scipione, Greg Brickey, Peter Bill, Gianluca Bianchino, Aliza Augustine,

Sue Fawver, Matt Caulfield , Gregory Charles, Arcady Kotler, Norm Francoeur, Jessica Nelson, Laura Jo Alexander, and Mey-Mey Lim

Posted on: 2010/10/1 22:19

Re: J CITY Theater - Major stop on the 2010 Jersey City Artist Studio Tour

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/6 20:25
Group:
Registered Users
It would be nice if they updated the proartsjerseycity.org website to include a complete map of all exhibits (in addition to correcting the spelling errors).

Posted on: 2010/10/1 16:41

J CITY Theater - Major stop on the 2010 Jersey City Artist Studio Tour
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/8 16:46
Group:
Registered Users
J CITY Theater is proud to be a participant in the 2010 Jersey City Artist Studio Tour. We have transformed our unique space into a vibrant gallery featuring the work of three unique and very talented artists.

We welcome the work of :
Lucio Fernandez ? winner of the 2009 STAR award
Bonnie Gloris ? 3x3 Magazine ProShow winner
And
Peg McCreary ? winner of the Buckingham Prize for Expression of Music Through Art.

Many thanks to our curator Hernando Rico Sanchez for curating this exciting show. Everyone is invited to come see how the theater has been transformed into a dynamic gallery, and maybe even sit in on our rehearsals for our upcoming show: State of the Union.

Refreshments will be served.

Dates: Saturday and Sunday, October 2nd and 3rd.
Time: noon to 6pm.
Street ? just off Hamilton Park in Jersey City.

Hope to see you there.
More info: www.jcity.org

Posted on: 2010/9/29 16:30

Jersey City Artists Studio Tour 2010
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
PLEASE MAKE THIS VERY SPECIAL SHOW A STOP ALONG YOUR TOUR THIS (next)WEEKEND AS I PRESENT MY PAINTING ENTITLED "that which i think is there i can not see" , ALONG WITH 25 VERY TALENTED ARTISTS, IN A REBELLIOUS SHOW OF COURAGE. 373 4th Street i will be at the gallery on Sunday, October 3rd from 1-2:30pm HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE DETAILS BELOW!!! Resized Image jersey city,artists studio tour,art,brightmoent

Posted on: 2010/9/28 17:21
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017