Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
144 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 144

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Rosemary McFadden replaces Dominick Pandolfo as Mayor's Chief of Staff
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/2 23:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

FGJCNJ1970 wrote:
And such is the problem with government. There should be term limits and serving the public should NOT be a life time career.

You do realize that term limits are a gift to lobbyists, right? When you mandate a new crop of legislators every few years, you destroy the knowledge base. new pols turn to lobbyists (who were former pols in many instances) for guidance and advice out of necessity. the problem is that these lobbyists are just that--advocating for their clients and not the public good.

Posted on: 2010/9/8 11:44

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/16 1:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ogden1 wrote:
What a bargain. This woman was President of the NYMEX!
We are lucky to have her for 1.00 a year.
This job should be child's play for someone of her caliber.

You must be kidding !!!

What a coincidence, in Jersey Journal Earl Morgan is writing about NJPP findings, how the City is losing $120m in taxes. We just buy into Rosemary McFadden's $1 salary but not about her link with this administration. Earl Morgan states, "... the politically connected attorney Brian Doherty, now deceased, who was also husband of the aforementioned Rosemary McFadden, was the go-to lawyer for the developers".

Posted on: 2010/9/8 11:30

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/16 1:09
Group:
Registered Users
They wont touch him, look at his qualifications... HCDO-CITY-COUNTY combo !!!

Prior to working for Healy, he worked for former Mayor Bret Schundler and for County Executive Tom DeGise. He also did a brief stint ? about two months ? as executive director of the Hudson County Democratic Organization before assuming the chief of staff job.

Posted on: 2010/9/8 1:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/15 3:35
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pandolfo said despite wanting to leave the mayor?s office, he didn?t want to leave the public sector.

?I want to stay in government, I?ve been in government almost 15 years,? he said.

And such is the problem with government. There should be term limits and serving the public should NOT be a life time career.

Also, its great that McFadden is taking $1 a year. However, doesn't anybody have an issue with the $98,500 a year salary for the other guy?

Also, given his ties to other departments, I would like to know if he has other positions with the city and Hudson County... this article was very hard to read... kept jumping back and forth.

Meanwhile I just paid my freaking 3rd Qtr ESTIMATED taxes before the 9/8 deadline.

And I am still wondering...

WHERE ARE THE LAYOFFS. Start with this $98,500 a year plus big benefits government LIFER.

Posted on: 2010/9/8 1:44

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/24 19:41
Group:
Registered Users
What a bargain. This woman was President of the NYMEX!
We are lucky to have her for 1.00 a year.
This job should be child's play for someone of her caliber.

Posted on: 2010/9/7 23:27

Rosemary McFadden replaces Dominick Pandolfo as Mayor's Chief of Staff
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City mayor's chief of staff leaving for new city post
Published: Tuesday, September 07, 2010, 3:44 PM Updated: Tuesday, September 07, 2010, 3:57 PM
Melissa Hayes/The Jersey Journal

Dominick Pandolfo is packing up his desk in the Jersey City Mayor?s Office, but he won?t be leaving City Hall.

Pandolfo who has served as Mayor Jerrramiah T. Healy?s chief of staff for three years and as deputy chief of staff for two years before that, is headed to the Business Administrator?s Office where he will serve as director of special projects.

Deputy Mayor Rosemary McFadden will replace Pandolfo, while maintaining her job as the city?s ?economic development czar.?

?She brings a wealth of knowledge not only from her time with the city but from her days in the private sector in finance and business,? Healy said in a statement. ?I am confident that she will succeed.?

McFadden, an attorney who worked in the financial industry, has served as deputy mayor since 2007. She is paid $1 a year.

?I am very excited about this opportunity and am grateful that the Mayor has confidence in my ability,? McFadden said in a statement. ?I look forward to working with the Mayor, the Council and the Administration in developing policies to move our City forward in these challenging times.?

Healy spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill said while Pandolfo will have a different title, he fills the vacancy created when Assistant Business Administrator Roger Grego retired February. He joins Kelly and the city's five assistant business administrators.

He is set to start Monday and will maintain his $98,500 annual salary.

?I?m looking forward to it,? Pandolfo said of his new position.

In his new role, Pandolfo, 41 of Jersey City, will help business administrator John ?Jack? Kelly find new revenue sources and implement cost-saving initiatives.

In a statement, Healy wished him luck.

?He has been a dedicated and valuable asset to this administration and will continue to be so as he assists us in his new role,? Healy said in a statement. ?I thank him for his service.?

Pandolfo said the city is already working to consolidate the Public Works Department with the Jersey City Incinerator Authority, the city is also reviewing its emergency medical services contract. One possibility is the Fire Department taking on EMS services, something that is common in other places including FDNY.

?What?s happened with this horrible economy is that it?s forcing government to start looking at different things that we wouldn?t have done in the past,? he said.

At three years, Pandolfo might be the longest-running chief of staff. When his predecessor, Carl Czaplicki, left the most to head the city?s Housing, Economic Development and Commerce Department after two years and 10 months on the job, Healy said Czaplicki?s tenure was ?probably a record.?

Pandolfo holds a bachelor?s degree in business management from St. Peter?s College, a master?s degree in administrative science from Farleigh Dickinson University ad a zoning administrator?s certificate.

Prior to working for Healy, he worked for former Mayor Bret Schundler and for County Executive Tom DeGise. He also did a brief stint ? about two months ? as executive director of the Hudson County Democratic Organization before assuming the chief of staff job.

Pandolfo said despite wanting to leave the mayor?s office, he didn?t want to leave the public sector.

?I want to stay in government, I?ve been in government almost 15 years,? he said.

Posted on: 2010/9/7 20:11

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017