Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
78 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 78

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Need info on Gloria Gables condos
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/6 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
There's a whole thread on this building if you do a search for 131 Kensington.
They are really nice looking condos. But I've heard horror stories about structural issues in this particular building.
I was a very serious buyer here at one point. But then I was informed that the developer will try to discourage you from getting an inspection. I know of an instance in this bldg where the unit had a bad inspection. Another user of this site will contact you to tell you everything in the building is fine to his eye LOL. This person is a realtor.

The same developer is doing 340 Fairmount which I liked better. I cannot comment on the structure of that bldg. The Hague has a bunch of awesome units available right now and if you like that you'd probably also like Gothic Towers. 333 Fairmount is another gorgeous re-development but the maintenance fees are really high there.

That being said, I also love pre-war buildings and that whole neighborhood is amazing. There's also lots to choose from as most buildings from Highland on down to Harrison are pre-war.

PM me if you need more info.

Posted on: 2010/8/24 12:35

Need info on Gloria Gables condos

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/8/23 19:46
Group:
Registered Users
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a condo in a Pre-War building in Jersey City. I absolutely love these types of buildings. They have great charm and can offer some surprising views and square-footage. Right now I am looking for something around Lincoln Park, specifically 131 Kensington Ave. This building is called the Gloria Gables and I have admired it since I was a kid.

Does anyone have any information on the building? I grew up 2 blocks from Kensington and am familiar with the neighborhood. I'd like to know just about the building i.e. condition, noise level, any problems with the condo assn. or developer etc. I am considering a large unit on the top floor and have fallen in love with the little that I've seen but I would like some input. These building are increasingly rare and I'd love to snag a piece of JC history.

-Ray

Posted on: 2010/8/23 20:10

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017