Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
93 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 93

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: What is with the trash and recycling guys?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/6/3 22:10
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Haven't had a problem here. Both the waste and recycling crews seem to be pretty consistent, quick, reasonably quiet, and appropriately discriminatory with whatever I put to the curb.

I'm more annoyed at the pedestrians that dump their personal trash in my recycling bins as they walk by on the sidewalk.

Posted on: 2010/8/24 1:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/30 19:53
Group:
Registered Users
I usually don't have a problem with them picking everything up. Our neighbors often have a mess, though, and it is because they throw cardboard and other trash in with the bottles/cans recycling. It seems that the recycle guys start to pick it up and then drop it, leaving cans and bottles and cardboard scattered.

I have also noticed that they have been coming later and later, especially along Jersey Ave. The regular trash guys hadn't hit Jersey Ave even by the time i left for work.

Posted on: 2010/8/23 18:45

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/18 14:37
From JSQ
Group:
Registered Users
They're idiots, thats what's with them. There are separate people who pick up trash and recycling, the last 2 times that I put out paper/cardboard the trash guys just threw it in the back of their truck with all the garbage. Not only does that defeat the purpose of recycling, but I spent quite a bit of time sorting it and stuffing it nicely into a large paper bag. 1 time might be understandable, but the second time I actually wrote "RECYCLE" on a piece of paper taped to the top of the bag, they threw it out all the same. I've also had plenty of times when they don't take the trash or recycling like they're supposed to, but that's not so bad, you can always call the JCIA and complain. They'll suggest you call Waste Management first since they are the company that actually performs the work, but WM never answers their phones or returns messages left. Not surprising that there office staff is as inept and ambivalent toward service as their trash collecters.

Posted on: 2010/8/23 18:22

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/9 18:19
Group:
Registered Users
We've never not had our garbage/recycling picked up, however, I can tell you that in the last 6 or 7 weeks the pickups have occured later into the night (or earlier into the morning depending how you look at it). I've noticed this especially on recycling nights when I'm leaving for work in the morning (7:00am) that the cans/bottles are still out there.

Call the Incinerator Authority and let them know or you can call the Mayors Action Board.....

Posted on: 2010/8/23 11:51

What is with the trash and recycling guys?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/16 4:31
Group:
Registered Users
Hello all. I have been lurking these forums for a while but haven't really posted much. I'm wondering if anyone else has issues with the trash and recycling guys. It appears to be random what they do and don't pickup. Let me give two examples.

Recycle - I placed a box out on the curb with other recyclable items. They picked up everything but the cardboard box. The next week I put out the SAME box and this time they took it. Apparently, the previous week it was not a recyclable item but then magically the following week it was.

Trash - Last week I put out my trash and when I woke up the next morning it was still there. I put it out again last night and this time they took it. WTF?

Before anyone mentions it I am placing my items out on the right days. I'm just wondering if this is an experience unique to me or no? It's really a pain having to bring your trash and recyclables back inside the following morning before going to work.

I have been tempted to drive it down to city hall and dump it on the lawn. I bet it would get picked up then! Of course I do not do that because I do not want to go to jail lol.

Posted on: 2010/8/23 11:03

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017