Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: the jersey journal is too PC
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/21 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

icechute wrote:
While I completely agree that race should be part of a physical description, I will argue that here in JC, it's not completely necessary.

Seriously, how much crime here is committed by whites and Asians?

The way I view it, the JJ descriptions include "black or Hispanic" by default.

Flame away if you must; you know I'm right.

Actually, two of the criminals recently in JC that definitely had me worried were the older "Indian" man who was trying to kiss and touch children in the playground and the guy who was peeing on the back of young women's legs near JSQ... neither one of them is black or hispanic.

but whatever...

Posted on: 2010/8/11 14:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
While I completely agree that race should be part of a physical description, I will argue that here in JC, it's not completely necessary.

Seriously, how much crime here is committed by whites and Asians?

The way I view it, the JJ descriptions include "black or Hispanic" by default.

Flame away if you must; you know I'm right.

Posted on: 2010/8/11 14:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

trambone wrote:

Whoa I never wanted to say african american, or hispanic.

Can you re-read your first post.... especially this part....

"The journal reports on most of the crime in our city, but always leaves an important part out of their suspects description.

RACE!!"

Posted on: 2010/8/11 9:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/30 16:48
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kitten wrote:
It has been explained on this site before that the JJ does not mention race because often people are wrong when determining race. It makes sense to me. You may think someone is Latino who is in fact African American. I've totally been dead wrong when determining ethnicity (i.e. just met someone whom I referred to as Indian and found out later she is Egyptian). And forget about Korean, Chinese, and Japanese. Simply saying Asian is very broad. And then what about mixed people? I know someone who's mom is black and dad is white but people think he is either Jewish, Italian, or Puerto Rican.

So, at the end of the day, hairstyle, height, weight, eye color and clothes have to do. (and, I bet more often than not, those descriptions are wrong. human perception is a strange thing)

Whoa I never wanted to say african american, or hispanic. I wanted to say. Light skinned, pale skin, or dark skinned. Skin color. If i said they had an orangish hue to their skin we're obviously looking for an obsessive tanner who may turn white. This is not being a racist, this is giving an accurate descrition

Posted on: 2010/8/11 5:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/23 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Yes eyewitness testimony is often wrong but that also applies to everything about the perp, not just race. Yet it is only race that is being suppressed. Also, I don't think that the issue is a victim not knowing the difference between various Asians vs. a black guy or a white guy. Get real - if someone said it was a white guy terrorizing your 'hood would you not want to know this info, even if he was a Hispanic from Spain?

Quote:

kitten wrote:
It has been explained on this site before that the JJ does not mention race because often people are wrong when determining race. It makes sense to me. You may think someone is Latino who is in fact African American. I've totally been dead wrong when determining ethnicity (i.e. just met someone whom I referred to as Indian and found out later she is Egyptian). And forget about Korean, Chinese, and Japanese. Simply saying Asian is very broad. And then what about mixed people? I know someone who's mom is black and dad is white but people think he is either Jewish, Italian, or Puerto Rican.

So, at the end of the day, hairstyle, height, weight, eye color and clothes have to do. (and, I bet more often than not, those descriptions are wrong. human perception is a strange thing)

Posted on: 2010/8/11 4:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/8/8 21:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

trambone wrote:
The journal reports on most of the crime in our city, but always leaves an important part out of their suspects description.

RACE!!

People are getting mugged and attacked. How are we supposed to know who to look out for based on a clothing description?

Since when is it wrong to say "dark skinned male" or pale white male. Skin color exists and race is used to identify suspects. The journal needs to start servicing law abiding citizens and stop helping the criminal element hide behind a "late teens male. Black baseball cap hooded sweatshirt and jeans description"

What? You want them to be more MAC? (Mention All Creeds)

Posted on: 2010/8/8 16:19
ಠ_ಠ

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MetIncome wrote:
Quote:

trambone wrote:
Quote:

MetIncome wrote:
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Quote:

trambone wrote:
I'm going to take a guess. Its the damn Cincinnati Reds! I see way too many damn caps for this stupid team in this area. Its gang paraphernalia and if your wearing one you should be searched.

That is so funny you say that - just a day or two ago it dawned on me that I see a lot of Reds caps around here. Now, they are having a decent year and might make the playoffs, but it's not like they've been great for years and would have a huge bandwagon following. Is it definitely gang?

Could symbolize the Bloods?

1. Yes they will make the playoffs. Probably get the division.

2. I'm pretty sure its Bloods

3. Stores like LIDS should be looked at for supporting Gang.

4. The JJ does a disservice to the public and its staff by protecting criminals.

3. So LIDS is supposed to not sell hats to people that want to buy them?

No, but they should not support gang violence. When you see that they have a much larger amount of hats for an out of market team then any other out of market team it has to make you wonder.

Check out this link. http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=133826

Those were targeted at gangs till people got wind and they stopped production. Just cause they're normal Reds caps doesn't mean that they shouldn't be watched on who buys them.

Posted on: 2010/8/8 3:43

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/8/27 23:54
Group:
Banned
Quote:

trambone wrote:
Quote:

MetIncome wrote:
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Quote:

trambone wrote:
I'm going to take a guess. Its the damn Cincinnati Reds! I see way too many damn caps for this stupid team in this area. Its gang paraphernalia and if your wearing one you should be searched.

That is so funny you say that - just a day or two ago it dawned on me that I see a lot of Reds caps around here. Now, they are having a decent year and might make the playoffs, but it's not like they've been great for years and would have a huge bandwagon following. Is it definitely gang?

4. The JJ does a disservice to the public and its staff by protecting criminals.

3. So LIDS is supposed to not sell hats to people that want to buy them?

Posted on: 2010/8/7 21:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MetIncome wrote:
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Quote:

trambone wrote:

Posted on: 2010/8/7 20:22

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/8/27 23:54
Group:
Banned
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Quote:

trambone wrote:

Posted on: 2010/8/7 18:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

trambone wrote:

Posted on: 2010/8/7 17:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
"A 65-year-old worker at a Jersey City gas station was hit in the head with a gun by robbers late Thursday night but security cameras at the Communipaw Avenue business captured the crime, officials said.

At 10:53 p.m., the robbers entered the Shell Station at Route 440 and the man brandishing a silver revolver went behind the counter and cleaned out the cash register, reports said.

As the robbers left, the gunman struck an attendant in the back of the head with the gun and snatched money from his hand, reports said.

The gunman is described as being 5-foot-9 to 5-foot-10, with shoulder-length dreads and a red cap with a black brim, black T-shirt and light blue jeans, reports said.
The second robber was about the same height with short dreads and was wearing a white V-neck T-shirt and black basketball shorts, reports said.

Police made a copy of the gas station surveillance video, reports said.
Anyone with information on the armed robbery is asked to call the Jersey City police tip line at (201) 547-JAIL."

Ok now I will add something. Ok one I've seen black guys with dreads and I've seen white guys with dreads. What is his skin color? Light, very Dark, somewhere in the middle if they're black? Also Red cap with black brim? what team?! I'm going to take a guess. Its the damn Cincinnati Reds! I see way too many damn caps for this stupid team in this area. Its gang paraphernalia and if your wearing one you should be searched.

Posted on: 2010/8/7 16:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
This way if we see any pale skinned white guys wearing sun glasses we'll know to notify the authorities.

Posted on: 2010/8/6 18:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
wait, shouldn't it be obvious what race the perp is?

Posted on: 2010/8/6 17:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Heights please do not derail the topic.

I can't quote the article from my phone but I read an article about an armed robbery on Wednesday by two men with sunglasses . Congratulations jj ill stay away from them. Oh they robbed the store with a 9mm and an Uzi. So ill assume one suspect is Jewish. Or at least o Israeli descent.

Posted on: 2010/8/6 16:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
jc listers can be added to this list as well. Most of them not all but most are too PC for my rhetoric

Posted on: 2010/8/6 16:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
Actually, the Jersey Journal is pro-criminal. They're largely funded by the free public defender's lobby!

Posted on: 2010/8/6 14:32

the jersey journal is too PC
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The journal reports on most of the crime in our city, but always leaves an important part out of their suspects description.

RACE!!

People are getting mugged and attacked. How are we supposed to know who to look out for based on a clothing description?

Since when is it wrong to say "dark skinned male" or pale white male. Skin color exists and race is used to identify suspects. The journal needs to start servicing law abiding citizens and stop helping the criminal element hide behind a "late teens male. Black baseball cap hooded sweatshirt and jeans description"

Posted on: 2010/8/6 14:28

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017